Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

I liked Church Girl at first, and then it dropped off for me 

 

 

6 hours ago, Burn said:

 

imagine we finally get a beyonce version of Shadowlands :jonny2:

2 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

I liked Church Girl at first, and then it dropped off for me 

 

 

I hate to admit this... but AI got me.

This Motown version of "Church Girl" came up in my YouTube autoplay and I love it.

 

 

There's no way she's getting AOTY. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening. The voters are [hypocritically] ideologically opposed to Beyoncé winning. I'm predicting it goes to Hit Me Hard and Soft, and tbh I won't even be mad. Billie and Finneas put out a great album. Or I guess it might go to Chappell Roan. Just let it be anyone but that demon.

 

OT: Spaghetti is excellent. No comment on Jolene.

15 hours ago, Burn said:

 

Here's to hoping this will hold me over until September spring summer when Act 3 arrives. Having Lin Manuel Miranda on board for the soundtrack is a really good sign. I just hope she stays true to the Disney blueprint and gives us a karaoke staple of the sort. 

16 hours ago, king_queen said:

That's kind of the point of the song…

I know but it's grating to my ears

Still a pretty good song but not my favourite off CC.

2 hours ago, Arrogant said:

There's no way she's getting AOTY. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening. The voters are [hypocritically] ideologically opposed to Beyoncé winning. I'm predicting it goes to Hit Me Hard and Soft, and tbh I won't even be mad. Billie and Finneas put out a great album. Or I guess it might go to Chappell Roan. Just let it be anyone but that demon.

 

OT: Spaghetti is excellent. No comment on Jolene.

I'm not even a hater, but Taylor getting another AOTY would be such a joke.  She's so young that at this point she could end up with 10+ at this rate yet some artists (not just Bey) can't even get one?

34 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I'm not even a hater, but Taylor getting another AOTY would be such a joke.  She's so young that at this point she could end up with 10+ at this rate yet some artists (not just Bey) can't even get one?

She deserved to get 0 noms for that shitshow of variants alone tbh. Nothing artistic about her output. Its all just there to maximize sales.

 

I personally think Chappel has the best chances to get it. The industry seems to honestly adore her, and they are the ones voting, so.

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

8 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

She deserved to get 0 noms for that shitshow of variants alone tbh. Nothing artistic about her output. Its all just there to maximize sales.

 

I personally think Chappel has the best chances to get it. The industry seems to honestly adore her, and they are the ones voting, so.

I will always give flowers when they're due, even if I don't like an artist, but I honestly can't think of any avenue through which I can praise her artistry. I feel like I'm being gaslit when people talk about her songwriting. It's not about genre or preference, either. Put her songs up against another white female singer-songwriter who sings about relationships, like Alanis Morissette for example, and the difference in quality jumps out. That's before I even get into how the music sounds, which is arguably the most important thing, and an area in which she can't compete. The only thing she does exceptionally well, and probably better than anyone since Michael Jackson, is propaganda and self-promotion/marketing.

 

Your comment about Chappell Roan just made me realise that between her and Billie (an undeniable Grammys darling), the vote might get split. In that event, hopefully it opens up a pathway for Beyoncé instead of TS. Or even better (because I adore chaos), an Andre 3000 upset.

18 hours ago, king_queen said:

That's kind of the point of the song…

This is going to go over a lot of heads, but you are correct.

25 minutes ago, Arrogant said:

I will always give flowers when they're due, even if I don't like an artist, but I honestly can't think of any avenue through which I can praise her artistry. I feel like I'm being gaslit when people talk about her songwriting. It's not about genre or preference, either. Put her songs up against another white female singer-songwriter who sings about relationships, like Alanis Morissette for example, and the difference in quality jumps out. That's before I even get into how the music sounds, which is arguably the most important thing, and an area in which she can't compete. The only thing she does exceptionally well, and probably better than anyone since Michael Jackson, is propaganda and self-promotion/marketing.

 

Your comment about Chappell Roan just made me realise that between her and Billie (an undeniable Grammys darling), the vote might get split. In that event, hopefully it opens up a pathway for Beyoncé instead of TS. Or even better (because I adore chaos), an Andre 3000 upset.

This is why I stated, if Beyoncé wins best Country album, there is a a strong possibility of her getting AOTY. Even adding Sabrina and taylor into the mix of split votes with billie and chappel ( all 4 are also nominated for best pop vocal). The wild card is Andree 3000 and that other nominee. 

6 minutes ago, Arrogant said:

I will always give flowers when they're due, even if I don't like an artist, but I honestly can't think of any avenue through which I can praise her artistry. I feel like I'm being gaslit when people talk about her songwriting. It's not about genre or preference, either. Put her songs up against another white female singer-songwriter who sings about relationships, like Alanis Morissette for example, and the difference in quality jumps out. That's before I even get into how the music sounds, which is arguably the most important thing, and an area in which she can't compete. The only thing she does exceptionally well, and probably better than anyone since Michael Jackson, is propaganda and self-promotion/marketing.

 

Your comment about Chappell Roan just made me realise that between her and Billie (an undeniable Grammys darling), the vote might get split. In that event, hopefully it opens up a pathway for Beyoncé instead of TS. Or even better (because I adore chaos), an Andre 3000 upset.

You are SO right about her. I literally feel like Im one of the select few on earth who hasn't been brainwashed to believe she is a great artist, cause the level of CRINGE I get doeant warrant ANY artistic rewards.

I think another reason shes SO successful is the fact that due to social media, peoples ego and confidence is SO shallow, they basically cannot stand seeing others who are bold and truly GREAT.

 

Regarding AOTY: I mentioned earlier how I believe that strangely, I do think Bey is in a good position to actually pull an upset and win AOTY.

17 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

This is why I stated, if Beyoncé wins best Country album, there is a a strong possibility of her getting AOTY. Even adding Sabrina and taylor into the mix of split votes with billie and chappel ( all 4 are also nominated for best pop vocal). The wild card is Andree 3000 and that other nominee. 

Even without the Country win, she could win AOTY, cause Country voters have nothing else to vote for in their prefered genre other than CC in AOTY.

There's one scenario that gets me more excited than the AOTY win and it's Beyoncé sweeping the four country categories. :dies:

 

Also, with Bruno and Shaboozey out, she has a strong chance of winning ROTY and I think she'll get more chances in the future of winning AOTY over ROTY since it's usually awarded to hits and she doesn't care about those.

11 minutes ago, Draper. said:

There's one scenario that gets me more excited than the AOTY win and it's Beyoncé sweeping the four country categories. :dies:

 

Also, with Bruno and Shaboozey out, she has a strong chance of winning ROTY and I think she'll get more chances in the future of winning AOTY over ROTY since it's usually awarded to hits and she doesn't care about those.

I feel like she has a great chance of taking ROTY too. They are not always awarded to the biggest hits.. Bad guy  won over old town road, About damn time won over as it was, this is america won over I like it and God's plan etc. Ideally, based on the description, roty should be awarded based on production. Texas was a notable hit this year with a very distinctive sound, sticks out like a soar thump(in the best way), it lowkey start a black country renaissance or at least initiated conversations around black country folks and how they are treated. Call me delusional but I feel like Beyoncé sweeping :coffee2: 

35 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I feel like she has a great chance of taking ROTY too. They are not always awarded to the biggest hits.. Bad guy  won over old town road, About damn time won over as it was, this is america won over I like it and God's plan etc. Ideally, based on the description, roty should be awarded based on production. Texas was a notable hit this year with a very distinctive sound, sticks out like a soar thump(in the best way), it lowkey start a black country renaissance or at least initiated conversations around black country folks and how they are treated. Call me delusional but I feel like Beyoncé sweeping :coffee2: 

I'm not saying it's given to the biggest hit, but definitely to hits (at least for the last 15 years) and I don't think Bey has many Texas-level hits ahead. 

44 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I feel like she has a great chance of taking ROTY too. They are not always awarded to the biggest hits.. Bad guy  won over old town road, About damn time won over as it was, this is america won over I like it and God's plan etc. Ideally, based on the description, roty should be awarded based on production. Texas was a notable hit this year with a very distinctive sound, sticks out like a soar thump(in the best way), it lowkey start a black country renaissance or at least initiated conversations around black country folks and how they are treated. Call me delusional but I feel like Beyoncé sweeping :coffee2: 

I think ROTY is between Goodluck Babe and THE tbh. And both would deserve. Chappel had an amazing year and that song is literally Pop PERFECTION 

ROTY is a lil more of a stretch to me… I think Billie and the Beatles are her biggest competition there. 
 

AOTY feels annoyingly likely. Not that it's not deserved but when you factor all the points listed above its chances actually feel quite strong. What makes that annoying is this history of her being the obvious choice and being snubbed out so it's hard to learn into feeling confident with AOTY regardless. 
 

SOTY stands high on list of potential too. Competition is a little thicker IMO, but the chances are still there. 
 

I think it's a guarantee she will walk away the most decorated of the night. I am predicting 6 wins including:

AOTY(CC)

Best Melodic Rap(Spag)

Best Country Album(CC)

Best Country Song(THE)

Best Americana Song(Yaya)

Best Solo Country Performance(16C)

8 minutes ago, FLAallday said:

ROTY is a lil more of a stretch to me… I think Billie and the Beatles are her biggest competition there. 

really? I think it's between the Beatles and Espresso.

4 minutes ago, Shinning said:

really? I think it's between the Beatles and Espresso.

Beatles are not winning. Espresso is a popular song, but not a Grammy winner. Its Goodluck Babe, trust

2 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Beatles are not winning. Espresso is a popular song, but not a Grammy winner. Its Goodluck Babe, trust

Don't count the Beatles out. I can see Grammy voters voting for them just for who they are, probably didn't even listen to the song.

Espresso is exactly the kind of song Grammys love. Extremely successful, fun and they cream themselves for that retro sound. 

Espresso is a strong contender in ROTY too - but I kinda feel like if they go with a pop song it will be the artsy fartsy-er song - Billie or Chappell. Still, I think the Beatles song is the front runner here unfortunately because it's not even a great song all in all but it has a story and they are legends so I can see it. 
 

should be noted this is based off no metric other than my humble ass opinion. Come Grammy night I just wanna see Charli Chappell Sabrina and Doechii have their televised winning moments and for Beyonce to walk away the most decorated/AOTY winner. Dice that up however you want with those parameters. 

22 hours ago, kimberly said:

SPAGHETTII is far from the worst song on the album. JOLENE prolly closer to the bottom but not the worst, either.

 

source.gif 

People still hatin on Godghetti when it's a Grammy nominated sing, give up deelishs the quality is there, end of discussion!

 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525dsgpkqoqs2kivu17k

1 minute ago, TipToe said:

People still hatin on Godghetti when it's a Grammy nominated sing, give up deelishs the quality is there, end of discussion!

 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525dsgpkqoqs2kivu17k

And when it rightfully wins said Grammy and decorates both a newcomer and a veteran with the aforementioned award, becoming a footnoted song highlighted in her repertoire of iconic music and cultural moments…SpeGhandi haters will be deleting their posts and setting their ragu to a mindful medium

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.