• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Thoughts on Renaissance being semi-country vibes? 

Country isn't one of my fav genres and, from the top of my mind, one of the only times it has been merged with dance was Avicii's WMU, which was a good song, but NOT what I want from Bey. Like, at all. :rip:

However, I feel like she wouldn't risk such a strange merger if the outcome wasn't good. So I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

It kind of threw me. Not even in a bad way, but in a "ok, this is interesting" kind of way. 

I trust that she'll tie it all together well. 

I do wish the Variety article made it clearer how the concepts intertwine and will still be cohesive. 

IMO, based on the info, it's giving:

* act 1: dance

* act 2: country-inspired

(both of which still give her the scope to Urban-ize as they are both Black genres originally anyway). 

Even then, the collaborators purposefully mentioned don't even really fit into either. Ryan (who I'm ecstatic she's working with) is more outright Pop and Raphael is an R&B legend. Neither of which scream the genres they mentioned. 

Still, just makes me more excited/curious about the soundscape Bey has created.

When I first heard that, Daddy Lessons came to mind ngl. :skull: Not a bad song but I was like how would this sound tie into pop and house? 

Then again racist ass Morgan Wallen still smashing with a country pop album – I know we aren’t ready.

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

What if all this means the Jolene cover rumors are real too? 

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

Becky, Becky, Becky, Becky
I'm begging of you please don't take my man

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She tweeted this a couple days ago

Hopefully lives up unlike what happened with XO:sistrens:

Some of y'all need to chill with the Drake stuff :rip: This is a man that has a huge portrait of her in his studio. She had her moment this morning, his album is gonna come and go far before she drops hers. Like... some of these comments are giving QAnon conspiracy theorists levels of paranoid

Drake dropping is...interesting. 

I'm relatively ambivalent towards him. He's generally unproblematic, fills a void for a specific portion of the GP, and has the occasional bop. At the same time, he's become increasingly generic and that automated success of his (which isn't his fault per se) can get irritating. CLB came and went and was lowkey panned, so he's trying to snag a comeback. I'm not mad at the effort. 

Very glad he's dropping now, as he absolutely would have outsold Bey. Like I said, his popularity and sales are automated. You only need to look at his recent #1 singles. They aren't even songs a casual listener knows, but such is his in-built stanbase that they'd stream a song of his even it was 3-mins of silence. 

The distance between tonight and July 29 is solid enough for him to not be a problem even if he has multiple weeks at #1. He's pretty front-loaded too, so I don't think we have cause to worry. 

Where we should worry is the Hot 100. He'll undoubtedly snatch a long-running hit that will block a lot of what's coming in the next few weeks/months from other artists. But I highly doubt any of us are expecting a smash hit single out of Bey. That would be the cherry on top. I'd take a top 10 and slay album sales. It's been the direction of her career for the last decade and will likely only drive in that direction more moving forward. 

Now, the plot of plot twists would be if Bey is ON the Drake album LMAO. 

The Variety article teased her dropping a new song as imminent as now. But we all know she wouldn't drop alongside Chloe. So, next most logical frame is being part of an album from Drake. 

Total conjecture, but it would be interesting. 

32 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Plz:skull:

I bought it at 1:21am EST I was one of the first I deserve this :jonny3:

2 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Now, the plot of plot twists would be if Bey is ON the Drake album LMAO. 

The Variety article teased her dropping a new song as imminent as now. But we all know she wouldn't drop alongside Chloe. So, next most logical frame is being part of an album from Drake. 

Total conjecture, but it would be interesting. 

While the source did not say this, it also seems possible that Beyonce could drop a new song as soon as tonight in honor of Juneteenth, as she did with her “Black Parade” single in 2020.

I think they're just speculating. 

4 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Some of y'all need to chill with the Drake stuff :rip: This is a man that has a huge portrait of her in his studio. She had her moment this morning, his album is gonna come and go far before she drops hers. Like... some of these comments are giving QAnon conspiracy theorists levels of paranoid

Yeah I don’t get the aggressiveness toward him. He is apart of one my favorite Beyoncé songs ever “Mine” and he’s always been positive towards.

He can do his thing. The timing is interesting but I’m not reading too much into it.

1 hour ago, Machete said:

I am not humbling anyone? :rip: I am legit trying to make sure we as a fan base aren't sabotaging ourselves.

Again, I do not want everyone to be unrealistically predicting +600K, then when she does 300K you guys will be saying she underperformed, when in actuality that is SMASH numbers for 2022.

Just saying, before you guys talk about her numbers, take a look at album debuts in 2021-2022. +600k is the new 1M. Don't apply 2016 numbers to the 2022 industry...

Stop being weird.. “sabotaging ourselves”. Who cares? It’s a prediction and it shouldn’t be this serious. ATLRs are just weird. They’re going to drag bey regardless so let us live in our fantasy. We don’t need this negativity and we certainly don’t need the opinion of  brain dead low IQ Atlrs. 

24 minutes ago, ATWK said:

How many writing credits?

Why no surprise release?

Will she go #1?

Will she lose to Adele?

Like, they're not even trying anymore :hoetenks:

It's always the monsters and the taytay fans. Let's just pay them dust and focus on the positives like we always did :heart:

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

When I first heard that, Daddy Lessons came to mind ngl. :skull: Not a bad song but I was like how would this sound tie into pop and house?

I'm a full fledged Daddy Lessons stan (the Dixie Chicks mix was epic). So, I'd gladly take act 2 sounding similar. 

I think she should go all out with the Dance drop for act 1

For act 2 (which I naturally feel will have the type of buzz we most associate with traditional re-releases and deluxe editions) there can be the more experimentative  angle with the Country.

I’m not bothered by Drake releasing, I just hate that he’s coming with a dance album and I don’t want the GP to be exhausted with the sound by the time Bey drops.

Just now, GodSaveTheQueen said:

I’m not bothered by Drake releasing, I just hate that he’s coming with a dance album and I don’t want the GP to be exhausted with the sound by the time Bey drops.

Dance music is just a reaction to COVID and the heaviness of 2020-2022. Most people are going to be dropping bangers for awhile.

3 minutes ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

Being a fan of both they have 2 different views of “dance” music. I wouldn’t worry about it. :foxaylove3:

5 minutes ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

Dance music? Who said that? 

39 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Plz:skull:

Would be so epic and kinda emphasizes my previous gripe with her "no promo" thing. 

Unlike most, I actually have no issue with her aversion to interviews and the late night talk show performances. She's beyond it. 

But in 2022, there is SO much artists can do without even lifting a finger. Stuff like what what the tweet suggests. Genius. 

While I hope "she" is more visible this era, my main hope is that they lean all the way in to all the great ways they can cover a lot of promotional ground without the (overt) need for her physical presence. 

The visual albums have helped with that (big platforms, immediate mass exposure), but we all know they needed to do more. They definitely seem to get it with this return to traditional roll-out. 

The more I think of it. her probably completing the album before it was possible to lock in the tour may be the best thing to happen inadvertently. Because it's forced them to innovate with the promo before, during, and after the release. Before it used to be "here's a visual album and see you on tour...next week". Now, not so much. N I think she'll be better off for it this time. 

Every album Beyoncé has made after B-day has been eclectic. The idea that half or a fourth of the album is country is not a good bet. I’d take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe they can use their tech company to make deep fake videos of her giving interview that way she doesn’t have to be present :gaycat3:

:lmao:Dj Khaled promoting/ posting Drakes album heavily but making sure to support B either way / make it look like he is not against her posting her a random pic and tagging her in his last story . That man loves B 

Can ChartHive confirm if these boxes count as an album bundle and will they count for the first week? 

If there is a Gargoyle collab it better be the Telephone sequel, but honestly I hope there isn’t 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.