Beyoncé

Kisuke

Her working with groups is really what makes her album credits go up because they all have to be credited individually and as a group. Per example, let’s say she writes a song with Novawav and this trio produces the track. The writing credits will read

Song: Beyoncé, Novawav, Brittany Coney, Denisea Andrew, Trio, Levan Kali, Daniel Memmi, Sol Was

Thats 8 writers even only 3 parties were involved. And if she samples a song or two, it’s over :lmao: 

• Replies 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

40 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This is completely speculation, but I have a feeling "Move" was initially meant for the wildebeest stampede prior to Mufasa's death in The Gift. 

She always has such great outtakes from her albums that either go to other artists or are reused/reworked years later for her own projects. I still wonder if she heard the piano demo of Wrecking Ball (which Miley did NOT co-write). Miley’s version of that piano demo was apparently what got her signed to RCA a decade ago.

Theron Thomas (who co-wrote Latto’s Big Energy and Lizzo’s About Damn Time this year) claims Bow Down/I Been On and All Night were written by him with Rihanna in mind. He also claims to have never met Beyoncé. From this podcast starting at approximately the 1h14 min mark:

Talk about a vibe. Straight to my club playlist. :katie2:

Very Kaytranda. He would have fit so well on Rennie too. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Her working with groups is really what makes her album credits go up because they all have to be credited individually and as a group. Per example, let’s say she writes a song with Novawav and this trio produces the track. The writing credits will read

Song: Beyoncé, Novawav, Brittany Coney, Denisea Andrew, Trio, Levan Kali, Daniel Memmi, Sol Was

Thats 8 writers even only 3 parties were involved. And if she samples a song or two, it’s over :lmao: 

The sampling thing is stupid cause she’s just being overly cautious after the Blurred Lines ruling tbh. Too many artists in the mainstream as well as songwriters and producers have been caught slipping when their songs become hits because of they weren’t aware of how that ruling completely changed the music landscape in the last decade.

8 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

The sampling thing is stupid cause she’s just being overly cautious after the Blurred Lines ruling tbh. Too many artists in the mainstream as well as songwriters and producers have been caught slipping when their songs become hits because of they weren’t aware of how that ruling completely changed the music landscape in the last decade.

They are just stupid and trying anything to trash Beyoncé with. How can you be in the music industry and not know about sampling? some white artists just continue to be subtil with their racism but it's definitely one form of racism to try to paint such a black female artist as someone who cant write her song while praising other white artists are genius songwriters when all of them sample and just dont give the credits. Ed Sheeran has been caught using sampling for years now and not giving credits, they took his ass to court and his lost money in the process all because he is arrogant and wouldn't give the prop artists their credits for sampling their songs. Same for Taylor Swift and others who continue to be sued every year for the same crap. 

Beyoncé is  being smart and decided to give credits from the beginning so people dont try to sue her later on and make money off of her. How can anyone turn this into a negative thing? Also how can you try to mock an artist because she works with multiple writers and producers? shouldn't that be applauded that she is trying to help new people get a name in the industry? she doesn't even need music to make money anymore, this mostly out of passion at this point. 

6 hours ago, yonsé said:

the dream talked about bms

“Some of these songs, people think they’re written on the spot, or maybe months ago. But you know as well as I do, a song can be five years old, three years old, 10, they can go back, so you just never know exactly when that song was written.

I’ll definitely say it wasn’t like [‘Break My Soul’] was written yesterday. Some of these songs, you have to just wait for a special moment. It was a song for her, definitely. I can’t wait until she tells the story about how personal it is to her when she actually tried to record it the first time, because there’s just such a deeper meaning literally behind this song for her, and I can’t wait for her to express it.”

2 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This is completely speculation, but I have a feeling "Move" was initially meant for the wildebeest stampede prior to Mufasa's death in The Gift. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some elements of Cuff It and Honey were already made during the Blow/Cherry session for ST. 

2 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

“Move out di way”

incoming the lion king GIF

1 hour ago, jane said:

Ed Sheeran has been caught using sampling for years now and not giving credits, they took his ass to court and his lost money in the process all because he is arrogant and wouldn't give the prop artists their credits for sampling their songs.

The way "Ave Maria" and "Perfect" are so similar, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mutual decision for her to hop on the remix to avoid any litigation. :mandown:  

The sampling thing is actually really intelligent. She had some house beats on Break My Soul and at first people tried to say it was x song, but she “””sampled”” Show Me Love and then it doesn’t matter what it sounds like because she’s already given a reference for her sound. It’s same with those basic lalalas from Energy. They sound NOTHING like Milkshake’s, but she credited that song because Pharrell is her friend and that way no one can say later those lalalas sound like some other song. And in the process she got Kelis to make a FOOL of herself. :bibliahh:

8 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I was teasing you for acting like you know anything after you were convinced it wasn't Bey in the green. 

But on the real, I don't know why we believe Rolling Ray knows anything about a Bey documentary as if she's twirling her hair on the phone with him every night divulging her secret projects :rip: Like...

I'm back back back at it again! :WAP:

Also, apparently "SUMMER RENAISSANCE" is no longer going to be pushed on Pop! Second single incoming? :duca:

I think Cuff it should be the next single. It covers Pop but also a bit of classic R&B and would do well on all platforms. She also needs to release the music video for it and for Break my soul first. Going in order of the album listing for the music videos is not useful in anyway if we're being honest. 

have we ever talked about this song before

it sounds very beyonce to me. she'd sound good on it. some of the background vocals remind me of renaissance. I think virgo's groove

17 minutes ago, jane said:

I think Cuff it should be the next single. It covers Pop but also a bit of classic R&B and would do well on all platforms. She also needs to release the music video for it and for Break my soul first. Going in order of the album listing for the music videos is not useful in anyway if we're being honest. 

I said it from the get go: In my fantasy, Cuff it and Alien Superstar could easily coexist and dominate together. Both work just fine as single #2 and #3 imho. Cuff It has more radio potential whereas AS has more streaming potential (and could easily become a hit amongst Gen Z and TikTokers)

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I said it from the get go: In my fantasy, Cuff it and Alien Superstar could easily coexist and dominate together. Both work just fine as single #2 and #3 imho. Cuff It has more radio potential whereas AS has more streaming potential (and could easily become a hit amongst Gen Z and TikTokers)

Precisely! Cuff it for the slow rise and Alien Superstar for the viral smash with the impending visual. RELEASE THE HITS QUEEN.

1 hour ago, benyonce said:

Precisely! Cuff it for the slow rise and Alien Superstar for the viral smash with the impending visual. RELEASE THE HITS QUEEN.

Also the fact both songs are transitioning into each other which will obviously also be the case for the MVs. Its literally all there already! Connect the dots @Beyonce!

Really hoping for some good visual album news today. Every time I listen to the album, I just keep imaging the music video and what it’ll look like (esp within the context of the teaser fashions)

This is just... so gorgeous and legendary looking. :jonny6:

FaY5i73WYAYRiTd?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder what's the hold up? I feel at least one video should be released. :gaycat6:

she might as well hold off for a while since she decided not to release visuals with the music. Give the album a boost going into the holiday season. 

5 minutes ago, Flanders said:

she might as well hold off for a while since she decided not to release visuals with the music. Give the album a boost going into the holiday season. 

No please wtf

19 minutes ago, Flanders said:

This would make sense if she was promoting and on tour. Not with no promo plans and vinyls coming in September 

She's really gonna have me get Netflix again. :ahh:

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

Everyone will have moved on by then. It will be like when she did BIK and lemonade videos a year later 

Lemonade videos a year later?  They premiered with the album shortly after the release of Formation, luv. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.