Beyoncé

Kisuke

7 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

i do wonder if this is kind of the plan since it specifically says I'm That Girl teaser, but god I hope not :deadbanana4: We've already seen half the ITG video 

I think her putting "Im That Girl" as the name of the video was inly for charting purposes, so the views are added to ITG's chart points (and they chose ITG in particular just because it's the opening song)

I highly doutor they'll drop the videos one by one

• Replies 110.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I either want Bey to surprise the VMAs with a medley that erases the rest of the night’s performances OR I want her to release the visuals during the same weekend via YouTube just to garnish more views than the VMAs could ever dream of having. It’s really a win win. 

:toofunny2:

3 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I rihfuse to believe the visuals aren't ready. don't y'all remember the post from the actress saying they worked on visuals for months, every day? and the tea from march about honey dijon songs and visuals in production? don't let bey drive u crazy. it's COMING and SOON

adbNzdI.gif

Also: The album photoshoot is from the videos, so they’ve been filmed. I’d say they’ll come by the weekend.

I saw that the deadline to submit to the Grammys this year is September 30th, which means Beyoncé will probably release Act II after that period. Perhaps October? for a fall release. Then Act III for Winter. 

4 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Every reaction I see of AHAP the people are not impressed with it wtfff:biblionny: every time I skip through the video to that part only to end up disappointed.:biblionny:

I also noticed that the straights HATE AUIYM, as opposed to the gworls, every interesting.

during my first run through of the album...ITG & AHAP were the 2 songs that I was meh on. But it hit later the next day.

so i can see why some may have had a tepid reaction on first listen 

AHAP was the lowest on spotify...but now its pulled ahead of AUIYM

Other than lack of patience...i don't see whats wrong with her dropping the videos one-by-one

its better to sustain the era...once all the videos are out...then what's next? especially since the tour won't be coming until next year

3 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Ignore the Jay pic :rip: but these two shots are probably from the same video where she's in the polka dot sipping out of a teacup

beyonce-jayz-scandal-2.jpg?quality=75&st

this has the red backdrop too

afebbc0b629e4d9f0afb5b32ca41d6752231a80b

the visuals are coming laidease. they are all planned and completed. 

4 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

I think part of what makes the album amazing is she approached the song's arrangements as she would a live performance or a music video. She really focused on creating specificity and variety in the vocals, and she allowed herself to make the song structures more complex and switch beats, add intros and outros, interpolate old songs etc etc. Even the smooth transitions are something she was applauded for at Coachella. I think because the album was recorded during quarantine when no tour was possible, and she wasn't shooting videos, she approached the album with much more freedom. That's why I really hope acts ii and iii are albums because I think she unlocked a new level of confidence with this recording process. Even the BMS remix was next level. 

100% agree!! I feel the time off in the pandemic is what really allowed her to finesse these songs musically. I don't think we would've gotten the same results under a normal album recording scenario. She admitted in Vogue that the pandemic gave her the chance to re-think decisions on the album. And after you consider how layered everything is from the production to the vocal arrangements...the fact that she had to curate the tracklist first & THEN go back into the studio to do additional production/vocals just to be able to create all the transitions. Plus re-record clean versions which most artists don't even bother doing anymore. She had TIME. 

I feel like "Savage" remix was really the foreshadowing...listen to how she completely fleshed out the song from the original. Beyonce had nothing else to do but make music. This is somebody that lives & breathes it and music is their passion...not just a business move.

4 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Ignore the Jay pic :rip: but these two shots are probably from the same video where she's in the polka dot sipping out of a teacup

beyonce-jayz-scandal-2.jpg?quality=75&st

I think it’s Cozy :gaycat2:

4 hours ago, kimberly said:

I HIGHLY DOUBT that Beyoncé, the visual artist, left videos to the last minute. It's much more likely that she left any public locations (like that one in the green outfit in Brooklyn) until AFTER she announced her album and released BMS so as not to spoil the slay of the century.

I also don't think the "I'M THAT GIRL" teaser is actually the video for the song itself. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a random recap of other outfits in the middle of the song. I don't think the BMS cliquebait is part of the BMS video either.

It makes a lot of sense to have the recap of the outfits if it’s the opening of the film and she’s letting u know what ur about to see.

wouldn’t be surprised if the film itself was titled “I’m that girl” 

I’m still in the camp that she’s not gonna drop separated videos when the song transitions are such a major part of the album. 

i know y’all wanna be able to send ur girlies the YouTube links or whatever but it doesn’t make sense with the concept of the album being consumed as a full body of work.

The album will be a month old in less than 2 weeks. BMS has been out for well over a month. Literally nothing yet. I'm over the BMS video, it's already went #1 anyway, I just want videos on YT :rip:

8 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

She never does anything on her birthday. Jay is flying her to Italy for one last summer trip meaning she will probably miss the VMAs too. 
Im honestly not expecting any performance until the tour. But I can see her suck up to the grammys and give them a performance. 

That would be my worst nightmare omg :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

The album will be a month old in less than 2 weeks. BMS has been out for well over a month. Literally nothing yet. I'm over the BMS video, it's already went #1 anyway, I just want videos on YT :rip:

What is the second single!! 

Time Yelling GIF by Portlandia

Really curious about what's next. 

The visual roll-out is a given. And folks, it's definitely Netflix. She has a deal with them, they've been ALL over Renaissance since it dropped, and a weekly video drop on YouTube will lose its steam by the second week without a shadow of doubt. She's already taking a slow and steady approach with the era, but will still benefit from the "BOOM" effect of her all-at-once drops when it comes to the visuals.

That said, it's the single side of things that has me most intrigued. 

Yes, she's an album artist. But with BMS going number #1 and the other songs showing A LOT of promise, I can't see why they wouldn't try to hit hard with a follow-up single. 

I'm fully expecting the Already/BIK situation. One video is released to YouTube with the full visual on Netflix. The issue is...which video :-/

On the one hand, dropping the BMS video standalone will probably give the song another wind and possibly extend its reign. Really affirming its spot as one of her big career songs. 

At the same time, there's a real opportunity to use this next move to rocket Cuff It or AS. Dropping either one of those videos (instead of BMS) will likely result in an easy top 10 and possible #1 if they reallly push. This is actually my preferred option. BMS is already huge and a #1, the video can exist within the Netflix visual and finally receive its stand-alone release later. I'm very much of the thinking: why have one hit when you can have multiple. All of which will help the album in this streaming climate.

They can release both BMS' and Alien Superstar's videos on YTB. Both songs won't hurt each other at this point. The video for BMS could come out on a Friday and secure a 3rd week at #1 and the video for AS can arrive à bit later to start building up momentum as the 2nd single and keep the streams afloat. 

They shouldn't completely abandon BMS, I would like to see it spend c20 weeks or close in the Top 10. It can stay afloat even if AS or CI smash thanks to its airplay. 

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

What is the second single!! 

Time Yelling GIF by Portlandia

Give it one more week. Virgo season is cumming on our fa- it’s coming. 

spacer.png

no but fr, she’s been deep on an astrology note with this release, idc if yall don’t see it. 

Edited by BGKC

4 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Really curious about what's next. 

The visual roll-out is a given. And folks, it's definitely Netflix. She has a deal with them, they've been ALL over Renaissance since it dropped, and a weekly video drop on YouTube will lose its steam by the second week without a shadow of doubt. She's already taking a slow and steady approach with the era, but will still benefit from the "BOOM" effect of her all-at-once drops when it comes to the visuals.

That said, it's the single side of things that has me most intrigued. 

Yes, she's an album artist. But with BMS going number #1 and the other songs showing A LOT of promise, I can't see why they wouldn't try to hit hard with a follow-up single. 

I'm fully expecting the Already/BIK situation. One video is released to YouTube with the full visual on Netflix. The issue is...which video :-/

On the one hand, dropping the BMS video standalone will probably give the song another wind and possibly extend its reign. Really affirming its spot as one of her big career songs. 

At the same time, there's a real opportunity to use this next move to rocket Cuff It or AS. Dropping either one of those videos (instead of BMS) will likely result in an easy top 10 and possible #1 if they reallly push. This is actually my preferred option. BMS is already huge and a #1, the video can exist within the Netflix visual and finally receive its stand-alone release later. I'm very much of the thinking: why have one hit when you can have multiple. All of which will help the album in this streaming climate.

I think the two idea's can coexist. Netflix for the visuals with the follow up single (either AS or CI) and the BMS videos on youtube. Can't hurt to boost BMS and give it a final push whilst setting up the second single to succeed. Doing both will probably reduce the impact individually but help BMS have a better decline and the second single ideally an organic rise.

Either way I don't want a weekly drop. I want to consume it in full as the transitions elevate the album so much and the visual transitions will hopefully be just as satisfying.

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

They can release both BMS' and Alien Superstar's videos on YTB. Both songs won't hurt each other at this point. The video for BMS could come out on a Friday and secure a 3rd week at #1 and the video for AS can arrive à bit later to start building up momentum as the 2nd single and keep the streams afloat. 

They shouldn't completely abandon BMS, I would like to see it spend c20 weeks or close in the Top 10. It can stay afloat even if AS or CI smash thanks to its airplay. 

I concur. At the end of the day we can't denie the impact of a good visual

the solution is pretty easy: visuals on Netflix, only the singles on YouTube 

She’s not killing BMS just because y’all are bored and need a second single. :deadbanana: Whichever the second single is you’ve already heard it, so let her do her thing. We are looking at a third #1 week for BMS if visuals come this weekend.

13 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Leo's win as usual.

FaP-8m2XEAAcqHw?format=jpg&name=900x900

sorry but my fellow Cancer divas are taking it :jonny5:

Something tells me the MVs are going to come at the same time as the vinyl/CDs shipping out in September :rip: She probably wants another week at #1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.