Katy surpasses Olivia & Khalid on Spotify.

KatysPrism

Monthly listeners: 
#28 (+2) Katy Perry 45,026,845 (+112,845) *new peak*
#29 (-1) Olívia Rodrigo 44,966,349
#30 (-1) khalid 44,881,837

she was also the 10th most streamed female artist yesterday. 

Edited by KatysPrism

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• OrgVisual

• JawBreaker

• Literature

Monthly Listeners don't mean anything, unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Relentlessly obsessed with the narrative Katy Perry isn’t popular. Not you particularly? Like the whole world. When it’s obviously not true. 

6 minutes ago, KatyMyLady said:

Relentlessly obsessed with the narrative Katy Perry isn’t popular. Not you particularly? Like the whole world. When it’s obviously not true. 

I mean, it’s not about Katy :rip: It’s about Spotify. Monthly listeners -is- a useless metric. However I am happy for Katy and am glad to see her songs are starting to see boosts in streaming, with a discography as big as hers it was always bound to happen.

Classics only

Katy's music is VERY global so I'm not surprised :clap3:

Reggaeton artist Katy Perry did that :clap3:

21 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I mean, it’s not about Katy :rip: It’s about Spotify. Monthly listeners -is- a useless metric. However I am happy for Katy and am glad to see her songs are starting to see boosts in streaming, with a discography as big as hers it was always bound to happen.

It’s not completely useless when Spotify makes such a big deal out of it and it’s the first thing u see when entering an artist’s page. 
Just bc some artists (taylor for example) get more streams than the artists with more monthly listeners, doesn’t mean it’s useless.

I would say you’re right if Katy has been only rising in ML and tanking in streams, but her whole discography has been rising since august last year, and that’s why I put that she’s in the top 10 most streamed female artists too. 

People were laughing at the black wig but look at her now :clap3:

A discography that has aged very well :clap3:

:bam:  she is a living legend 

That’s what happens when you have a stellar discography :clap3:

Not her surpassing the 2021 IT gurl Olivia Rodrigo too lol, Katy is never really over :clap3:

49 minutes ago, Cheap Thrills 9.0 said:

But we need the audience to stream When I'm Gone

It’s very stable on its 18th day despite not being on TTH, so I’d say they’re streaming it at some capacity :coffee:

43 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

It’s not completely useless when Spotify makes such a big deal out of it and it’s the first thing u see when entering an artist’s page. 
Just bc some artists (taylor for example) get more streams than the artists with more monthly listeners, doesn’t mean it’s useless.

I would say you’re right if Katy has been only rising in ML and tanking in streams, but her whole discography has been rising since august last year, and that’s why I put that she’s in the top 10 most streamed female artists too. 

Not “completely” useless I guess but the reason Spotify plasters that statistic everywhere is because it encourages lanes to pay the platform for more playlisting, which is the best way of increasing an artists monthly listeners. Spotify can’t convince labels to buy streams (since that’s not possible/illegal) but they can convince them to buy exposure/reach. That’s what monthly listeners is good for. Just reaching a wider audience.

But when artists with one massive hit suddenly surge to the top 10 monthly listeners list, I never take that as an indicator of their discographies’ popularity. In the case of someone like Katy, though, you’re right — we can look at both the increase in streams AND the monthly listeners as a win. 

Monthly listeners is sucha joke I can't. The fact that Katy and Bad Bunny have the same amount of monthly listeners but one is doing ~28m streams daily while the other is doing 7m....

The switching on this website never fails to kill me

Some of yall were SO quick to call her a flop, a fad, etc etc when it's clear her career was always just coming down from her peak (which was MASSIVE, so of course the comedown would be noticeable). Now suddenly it's "timeless" and "classics" as if those weren't ALWAYS the case.

I don't even stan Kathryn all like that, but the hypocrisy on ATRL is... :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

It shows the individual users listening to an artists music. It’s a very important metric actually. 

18 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Monthly listeners is sucha joke I can't. The fact that Katy and Bad Bunny have the same amount of monthly listeners but one is doing ~28m streams daily while the other is doing 7m....

Bad Bunny has a very dedicated fanbase. But historically - you never know what you’re talking about.

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

I have to agree with this.

Monthly listeners are an idicator for the playlist reach of an artist. Dua for example has +550M playlist reach and 69M ML while taylor has ~350M playlist reach and 57M ML. In daily streams, Taylor gets nearly twice as much as Dua.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.