ATRL Administration

Zero Tolerance Policy 2020

Bloo
5 minutes ago, Codex said:

Does this include xenophobic remarks against Europeans, specifically Eastern Europeans?

https://www.google.hu/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/aug/22/xenophobic-bullying-souring-lives-of-east-european-pupils-in-uk

It can. We’re a global community and it would be impossible for us to know all the intricacies and cultural slurs around the world. If there’s ever an instance where a person is using bigoted and/or codified language with malicious intent (particularly against an oppressed community), please provide context when you file a report so that we can do our jobs better. There have been instances where people claim there is offensive content in a post with no further elaboration and I’m sitting there scratching my head trying to find it. 

I think it’s safe to say that there are some pretty widely-known slurs and offenses at a global level. But, of course, that’s not true of all such language. So, we would greatly appreciate some extra detail in cases of offensive language that you believe violates the ZTP so we are aware of proper context/history surrounding such language. 

TMZ

wait what about religion? :cm:

SickLove

Happy to see mods continue to take these issues seriously and even improve upon existing policies :clap3:

Bloo
39 minutes ago, TMZ said:

wait what about religion? :cm:

Yes. For instance, referring to people who participate in the Islamic faith as “terrorists” would be a direct violation of the ZTP and will be faced with the appropriate consequence as outlined in the OP. 

TMZ
2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Yes. For instance, referring to people who participate in the Islamic faith as “terrorists” would be a direct violation of the ZTP and will be faced with the appropriate consequence as outlined in the OP. 

what about criticizing religion in general? obviously not calling them terrorists etc. like talking about the homophobia these countries have and how stupid religion is?:psyduck:

i mean religion is a choice anyways, am i right? unless you're forced to be a certain religion in some countries.........but its mostly a choice

KasioKas

Grateful for this, nice to see progress on this forum re: racism.

MadonnasBoyfriend

what about Shawn being called the f word or the spanish version mari***. I find that offensive and dont like seeing him teased about that and its not even true

Orpheus

What is the demographic makeup of ATRL's staff?

Chromatica

What about bodyshaming? I see that alot on here.

lightstheyblindme

can I still call her TransGa tho?

lightstheyblindme
47 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

what about Shawn being called the f word [. . .] and its not even true

chile

MadonnasBoyfriend
1 minute ago, lightstheyblindme said:

chile

zero tolerance, sis. don't go there :alexz2:

Departure

Does this mean fewer active members, leading to a dead site?

Departure
1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

what about Shawn being called the f word or the spanish version mari***. I find that offensive and dont like seeing him teased about that and its not even true

You mean gay? Yeah. I think that should be a rule. If he's gay, let him come out on his own terms. ATRL needs to stop pushing it. 

ATRL Feedback
1 hour ago, lightstheyblindme said:

can I still call her TransGa tho?

Why would you want to? What the hell is the matter with you?

ATRL Feedback
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

What about bodyshaming? I see that alot on here.

Offensive and insensitive warnings apply. Not under the ZTP. 

4RCH1M3D35

Is it really that hard to not be racist?

Mr. Wonder
13 hours ago, Jan said:

What is an example of "veiled" racism?

White artists being recognized as "global" without argument, but black and POC artists' international popularity is questioned/denied despite irrefutable facts.

postsus
11 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

White artists being recognized as "global" without argument, but black and POC artists' international popularity is questioned/denied despite irrefutable facts.

My body is ready for this. Enough of discrediting miss Janet.

I just hope miss Stand Your Ground remains safe for a lil old "your fave is a flop" flamebait.

postsus

IMPACTNET.
16 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Pretty much. They love using “local” predominantly towards black American artists not popular in Slovakia, but a white European artist whose success barely extends beyond Europe is considered “global.” 

Chimier
32 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

And making comments about the African continent and peoples that paint them as less than, primitive, or not up to date when it comes to music.

Mr. Wonder
2 hours ago, Departure said:

Does this mean fewer active members, leading to a dead site?

The shade here is thick, like racial tension in America. 

Yanko
1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

maam :ahh: 

-

i feel like this policy would work better if it was strictly defined what was considered offensive (racism, homophobia, islamophobia, fatphobia etc obviously)

but its too general now and its gonna be abused by certain mods to death chile :skull: