Jump to content

Rate Signup Thread


Ace Reject

Recommended Posts

Pink Matter
3 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

A remix of the girls - I love that idea!

 

ALTHOUGH it should probably include Hard Core and Supa Dupa Fly too. (That way we can focus on icons and not... Iggy Azelea.)

 

So a rate of debuts from Latifah/Kim/Missy/Nicki/Cardi I'd be down for!

 

And a 2020 rate of Suga/Good News/Hot Pink/ho, why is u here? I'd also be down for!

 

That way it's not so much a redo as a remix!

 

(If we do this, IOP would have featured in three rates... its' mind! its' power! its impact!)

I say remove SUGA and replace it with Bree's 2000AND4EVA and that would be perfect! And I like the revised female rap debut rate with Missy, Kim, and Queen La. Hopefully someone gets on either one of these :flower: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ace Reject

    573

  • clue

    122

  • supaspaz

    121

  • conatus

    116

Top Posters In This Topic

PiecesOfYou

Btw this rate gave me an idea for another one! It would be this:

 

French Pop Divas: 2000s Edition (Alizée, Lorie, Jenifer and Nâdiya) 

I would love to host it! :heart:

Edited by PiecesOfYou
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject
On 2/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, PiecesOfYou said:

Btw this rate gave me an idea for another one! It would be this:

 

French Pop Divas: 2000s Edition (Alizée, Lorie, Jenifer and Nâdiya) 

I would love to host it! :heart:

I like that idea - sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
On 2/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ace Reject said:

A remix of the girls - I love that idea!

 

ALTHOUGH it should probably include Hard Core and Supa Dupa Fly too. (That way we can focus on icons and not... Iggy Azelea.)

 

So a rate of debuts from Latifah/Kim/Missy/Nicki/Cardi I'd be down for!

 

And a 2020 rate of Suga/Good News/Hot Pink/ho, why is u here? I'd also be down for!

 

That way it's not so much a redo as a remix!

 

(If we do this, IOP would have featured in three rates... its' mind! its' power! its impact!)

Remember how we never did that More Than Rap rate? I think it was Speakerboxxx/The Love Below vs. Miseducation of Lauryn Hill vs. I can’t remember what else. But we should revive that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, Madame X said:

We did the female 90s debut didn’t we? I remember foxy winning :toofunny2:

Yes I believe so. :toofunny3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Matter
13 minutes ago, MP2K said:

It's been 4 years and a new era of borls and gorls have debuted since (I think, right? well let's find out). A 3rd installment of New Wave of R&B? Thoughts? Suggestions?

@Weed @Eeveelution @Madame X @Pink Matter @Tom Vercetti @Truth Teller @Reverie @K$Ellie @minho

(forgetting some others)

Down for a 3rd installment but who would even make the cut? I feel like a majority of the relevant/good acts were used up in the last one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pink Matter said:

Down for a 3rd installment but who would even make the cut? I feel like a majority of the relevant/good acts were used up in the last one.

hmm im trying to see who would make it hot and interesting the same time. A lot of the artists have become popular and wouldn't be considered "Other" R&B artists anymore. But maybe we can do a mixed batch and open it to anyone that released in the past 5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Matter
20 minutes ago, MP2K said:

hmm im trying to see who would make it hot and interesting the same time. A lot of the artists have become popular and wouldn't be considered "Other" R&B artists anymore. But maybe we can do a mixed batch and open it to anyone that released in the past 5 years.

After I quick scroll through my library, there's Chloe x Halle, Lucky Daye, Giveon, Ari Lennox, VanJess, Summer Walker, Jorja Smith, Kali Uchis, Omar Apollo, Sampha (don't remember if he was in the 2017 rate), serpentwithfeet, Victoria Monet so there's certainly new artists we can prioritize but we might have to add old artists too

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject
3 hours ago, MP2K said:

hmm im trying to see who would make it hot and interesting the same time. A lot of the artists have become popular and wouldn't be considered "Other" R&B artists anymore. But maybe we can do a mixed batch and open it to anyone that released in the past 5 years.

You didn't have Summer/Ella/Ari/CxH in there the last time, did you? Already the makings of a lineup. Plus Gideon, Gallant, Kiana Lede, Snoh Aalegra, Yebba, Lucky Daye, Omar Apollo....

 

Requesting someone start the Icons/Legends/Moments series of rates! Break it down into three:

 

Early 2010s

 

Mid 2010s

 

MIAMTEC v. Kiss Me Once v. AKA v. Unbreakable versus... ugh Rebel Heart

 

Late 2010s

 

Caution v. Golden v. Liberation v. Cigarettes and Sex v. Madame X v. Courage

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

You didn't have Summer/Ella/Ari/CxH in there the last time, did you? Already the makings of a lineup. Plus Gideon, Gallant, Kiana Lede, Snoh Aalegra, Yebba, Lucky Daye, Omar Apollo....

 

4 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

After I quick scroll through my library, there's Chloe x Halle, Lucky Daye, Giveon, Ari Lennox, VanJess, Summer Walker, Jorja Smith, Kali Uchis, Omar Apollo, Sampha (don't remember if he was in the 2017 rate), serpentwithfeet, Victoria Monet so there's certainly new artists we can prioritize but we might have to add old artists too

You know what, ya'll are right. We have our candidates for the lineup. Wouldn't even have to do too many repeats actually.

I'll cook up a proposal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Matter
23 minutes ago, MP2K said:

 

You know what, ya'll are right. We have our candidates for the lineup. Wouldn't even have to do too many repeats actually.

I'll cook up a proposal.

Don't forget my baby Gabriel Garzon Montano :allears: 

Edit: Was Lion Babe in the 2017 one? If not through them in their too :fish1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Late 2010s

 

Caution v. Golden v. Liberation v. Cigarettes and Sex v. Madame X v. Courage

The top ten will just be all of Caution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rose
17 hours ago, MP2K said:

 

You know what, ya'll are right. We have our candidates for the lineup. Wouldn't even have to do too many repeats actually.

I'll cook up a proposal.

You never published the Frank vs Miguel vs Abel results :giraffe:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject
4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

The top ten will just be all of Caution.

And that would be the biggest kii of all! Although Long as I Live and Like I Do deserve!

 

I wouldn't be opposed to shoving Madame X and Courage off the rate because I don't want to listen to them again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

The top ten will just be all of Caution.

except with you, and accelerate will be #4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject
27 minutes ago, Madame X said:

except with you, and accelerate will be #4 

14 but same difference!

 

Raining Glitter for bottom 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
Ace Reject

WAIT.

 

2019 IML - Madame X v. Courage v. 9 (by the originator of the meme!)

 

And let's do 2014 - MIAMTEC/AKA/KMO/The London Sessions

 

Madonna and Janet and others for 2015!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

14 but same difference!

 

Raining Glitter for bottom 5.

And "Sick of Sittin'" for last place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

You never published the Frank vs Miguel vs Abel results :giraffe:

with 3 ballots? :foxaylove3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...