US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

On 11/17/2017 at 5:13 PM, simmnfierzig said:

I know what is meant with "organic". It's still extremely annoying. And official radio deals are only 1 day. Not really that important, and that deal falls out after 7 days anyway

I didn't expect you to get annoyed by "organic" :skull:

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Yes, because last Friday it was a part of that album deal.

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Plus the panel change on Pop. Majority of songs got negative updates. 37 of the top 50 on pop got negative updates. With the highest positive being +0.4m

Oh yeahh nice! thought the radio is dropping it already xD rooting for End Game to reach #1 before the single announcement (joke xD)

5 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

92.3 AMP radio NYC changed formats from CHR/Top 40 to Alternative which is CRAZY cuz 92.3 AMP was one of the biggest stations in the NY/NJ area. 

I guess thats why the radio updates today are a bit messed up.

Everyone I know is FURIOUS about this change.

6 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

92.3 AMP radio NYC changed formats from CHR/Top 40 to Alternative which is CRAZY cuz 92.3 AMP was one of the biggest stations in the NY/NJ area. 

Alternative radio's revenge :sistrens: 

1 hour ago, Beatfreak said:

It makes me kind of mad too even though i was loving the songs they were playing

7 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

finally the xx and Arcade Fire can get a hit :eli:

-

so popular or mainstream Alt act such as Imagine Dragon, Coldplay or 21 Pilots gonna have more advantages from the change?

6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Plus the panel change on Pop. Majority of songs got negative updates. 37 of the top 50 on pop got negative updates. With the highest positive being +0.4m

No real point today in posting anything. Isnt accurate

Thank you Simm. :)

11 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Also, Dallas had a station flip from HAC to Alternative. HDD has the details.

15 hours ago, Beatfreak said:

No one is furious. 92.3 was flopping compared to Z100. New York needed an Alternative station.

I'm shocked at 92.3, I listen to it all the time but the panel change seems a tad drastic4

The More Rock/Alternative radio the better music airplay will have fair competion again.

9 hours ago, Mediabase said:

No one is furious. 92.3 was flopping compared to Z100. New York needed an Alternative station.

Um, are u from NY/NJ tho??? Everyone here wants 92.3 back.

If you wanted to listen to top 40 when Z100 was playing commercials, you could always switch to 92.3. Now you can't

Edited by Jacob.23

If you want to listen to POP in New York you can listen to Z100, KTU, PLJ, Fresh... Tons of options. Alternative was needed bad in NY.

1 hour ago, Jacob.23 said:

Um, are u from NY/NJ tho??? Everyone here wants 92.3 back.

If you wanted to listen to top 40 when Z100 was playing commercials, you could always switch to 92.3. Now you can't

Have you seen the radio ratings sis? 92.3 was a disaster commercially.

Edited by Mediabase

RADIO UPDATE: URBAN (Mediabase All Stations): 20 November, 2017
LW: 47 | TW: 31 (+3) | Spins TW: 988 (+61) | Spins LW: 582 | Move: 406 | Audience: 5.839 (+0.388)

RHYTHMIC: TAKING OFF (Mediabase All Stations)
New Stations: 2
New Spins: 33 (+5)

iTunes:
#31 Grenada
#34 Barbados
#157 United States
Apple Music:
#86 Guinea-Bissau

tenor.gif

New York didn't have an alternative station before? Even Chicago has had one (101.1 WKQX) for almost 4 years now.

21 hours ago, iHype. said:

Contemporary Hit Radio / Top 40 / Pop Radio

When does a song go recurrent on pop

4 hours ago, .:Allen:. said:

New York didn't have an alternative station before? Even Chicago has had one (101.1 WKQX) for almost 4 years now.

92.3 used to be Alternative Rock but it flipped to Top40 in 2009.

BILLBOARD ADDRESSES "LOOK'S" HISTORIC RADIO COLLAPSE

But the single has since set some less glamorous records as well. A week after reaching No. 1 on the Pop Songs chart, it moved to No. 7 -- the largest fall from the top in the chart's history -- and from No. 5 to No. 20 on the all-format Radio Songs chart, the biggest fall from the top five in that chart's 27-year history. 

According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

"Everyone was 'helping the program,' if you will, and then it just kind of burned and it was over," says one radio executive about "Look." "It never really researched like a long-standing power, like she's had in the past. It was more of a statement single."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

Edited by Mediabase

WHAT ABOUT US and PRAYING now in super power rotation on the world's No1 POP station, Z100.

23669130_10155266995773282_6202446994422

Edited by Mediabase

The way American radio works is so irritating 

SOY's weekly run on overall is just horrifying. :rip:

41-18-12-5-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-4-3-7-7-7-7-7-7-6-7-8-8-8-9-11-12-13-18

44 weeks in Top 20. 

Biggest chart run for any song on Overall Radio ever. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.