Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

ADHD girlies.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Just now, jrd30121994 said:

No they didn't but I did have a check of my heart once I started having symptoms and no issues.

Then it should be fine. Stims are taxing on the heart anyways. Been shooting m*th in the past but my heart is fine.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • just don't make it ur personality trait like the girls on twitter & tiktok   but honestly just learn to work with it instead of against it, find out what works for you. don't let it stop

  • I was diagnosed as a small child and was denied treatment because my parents tried it and thought my hyperactivity was cute and missed that version of me. I was an adult before I could seek medical he

  • Genie in a Bottle
    Genie in a Bottle

    I was diagnosed at 25. I excelled in school academically (because it was easy, not because I paid attention in class) and was really well behaved (because I was scared of adults) so it was never clock

18 minutes ago, Tcharm said:

im on a non-stimulant. 

 

Stimulants always experience shortages so try a non-stimulant to see if it fits you first, if it doesn;t then try others. 

 

I tried living un-medicated for most of my life and I can honestly say being on meds for the past 6 months has allowed me to accomplish and do more than I could ever imagine. Mourning the time I lost being un-medicated. 

 

I get resistance to medicine but its really like night and day

 

 

What stimulants have u tried? Any recs?

 

- a 23yo with unmedicated adhd (diagnosed 2yrs ago)

1 minute ago, Claymore said:

Then it should be fine. Stims are taxing on the heart anyways. Been shooting m*th in the past but my heart is fine.

Did you personally find any success with Vyvanse/Ritalin? Also out of curiosity what would you say your symptoms ADHD at their worse look like? Happy to share my experiences also

  • Author
1 minute ago, slimfem said:

Did they prescribe you a stimulant?

Yes, Vyanse. Got my addiction in control for some years now so it's fine.

14 minutes ago, Claymore said:

I'm an ex m*th addict, sorry if I took it personal. Been two years in recovery with a messed up brain.

omg I had no idea sorry :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

i actually have a first cousin once removed who is exactly like you with the late diagnosis and being in recovery. Once they were diagnosed and put on medication they realized that part of the issue was that they were self-medicating. That's very anecdotal but it's something.

 

10 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Do you find yourself prone to any kind of addiction?

Yes, very much so. Never hard drugs though, unless you count weed. I'm dependent on my medication but I have never even thought about abusing it because it isn't very "fun" and also I like sleep too much.

Edited by Ubermensch

  • Author
5 minutes ago, jrd30121994 said:

Did you personally find any success with Vyvanse/Ritalin? Also out of curiosity what would you say your symptoms ADHD at their worse look like? Happy to share my experiences also

Gonna start meds tomorrow :( At worst complete insomnia, impulsive sex and drug abuse and procrastination where I would spend hours on the floor fearing a new task. You?

Edited by Claymore

What are the signs of this? I know very little other than "hyperactivity" but I know it's more complex than that. I've noticed that anytime I set a time for something like mini deadlines, I almost always look up and realize it's been an hour since I told myself to get it done. This is like mundane stuff like going to bed on time, when to start cooking, what time to go to the gym, etc. Some days it's not an issue and other days it's like where the **** did the time go. Like I just booked a ticket for something and it took me 30 minutes because I kept making sure all the info was correct…it should have taken like 10 minutes :rip: 

 

But when something is hard due at a specific time, I always manage to get it done. Even if it's day of I'll somehow lock in and complete it. College in a nutshell for me. I also don't have any effects with energy drinks. Red Bull is basically like soda to me. Does nothing but tastes good. I prefer Celsius and have drank two in a day and it's just like any other drink. Maybe I'll feel a slight buzz if I drink one off an empty stomach but it doesn't give me this crazy energy. 
 

Even me typing this right now I just realized I pulled into my driveway from the gym nearly 25 minutes ago and it feels like it's been 5 minutes :rip: 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Ubermensch said:

omg I had no idea sorry :deadbanana2:

Haha no worries, we tweakers are thin skinned lol :rip: Though I am proud to beat an addiction with a brain on fire

Just now, Claymore said:

Haha no worries, we tweakers are thin skinned lol :rip: Though I am proud to beat an addiction with a brain on fire

As you should be! :gaygacat5:

6 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Gonna start meds tomorrow :( At worst complete insomnia, impulsive sex and drug abuse and procrastination where I would spend hours on the floor fearing a new task. You?

Yeah definitely same here. Have always struggled with insomnia, also very impulsive with sex and drugs (weed). I also procrastinate massively. Will just endlessly doomscroll and not accomplish anything and then sink into depression. Also can't sit and even watch a. Movie/show/play a game/read a book/listen to music without stopping and doing something else unrelated. Work is also a struggle my productivity is impacted a lot and I'm very combative at the best of times lol

  • Author
5 minutes ago, bad guy said:

What are the signs of this? I know very little other than "hyperactivity" but I know it's more complex than that. I've noticed that anytime I set a time for something like mini deadlines, I almost always look up and realize it's been an hour since I told myself to get it done. This is like mundane stuff like going to bed on time, when to start cooking, what time to go to the gym, etc. Some days it's not an issue and other days it's like where the **** did the time go. Like I just booked a ticket for something and it took me 30 minutes because I kept making sure all the info was correct…it should have taken like 10 minutes :rip: 

 

But when something is hard due at a specific time, I always manage to get it done. Even if it's day of I'll somehow lock in and complete it. College in a nutshell for me. I also don't have any effects with energy drinks. Red Bull is basically like soda to me. Does nothing but tastes good. I prefer Celsius and have drank two in a day and it's just like any other drink. Maybe I'll feel a slight buzz if I drink one off an empty stomach but it doesn't give me this crazy energy. 
 

Even me typing this right now I just realized I pulled into my driveway from the gym nearly 25 minutes ago and it feels like it's been 5 minutes :rip: 

Do you find yourself watching a movie and stopping every 20 min to play a song or do something else? Are you hypersensitive to criticism and do you find washing dishes like a daunting task? Finding hard to fall asleep due to a barrage of thoughts popping by? These are some of my symptoms.

I was diagnosed officially last summer and it explained a whole lot honestly. I started a non-stimulant but which maybe helped only a little at work but not enough to notice. Then personal stuff happened and I stopped taking the pills. I don't know what sort of treatment plan I will end up on in the long run but it did mean a lot to feel validated finally knowing what was "wrong" with me. I am like very smart tbh but struggled to apply myself the older I got and and i'm starting to get to a place of managing it all. It's a lot.

Also while we're talking about personal experiences I just want to say that I decided to uncontrollably lock in on reviewing my finances in a gas station parking lot in the middle of the night this week and ended up locking my keys in my car when I went inside. Of course the spare key wasn't in my spot where I keep backups for important items that I frequently misplace either. It was a living nightmare because I had just pulled out quite a bit of cash at an ATM too and had to leave my car there until the morning. :clack:

Edited by Ubermensch

  • Author
3 minutes ago, jrd30121994 said:

Yeah definitely same here. Have always struggled with insomnia, also very impulsive with sex and drugs (weed). I also procrastinate massively. Will just endlessly doomscroll and not accomplish anything and then sink into depression. Also can't sit and even watch a. Movie/show/play a game/read a book/listen to music without stopping and doing something else unrelated. Work is also a struggle my productivity is impacted a lot and I'm very combative at the best of times lol

Twins, can relate to everything. Been watching Real Housewives compilations cause it keeps me engaged. And I hate those hoes.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, SLIME said:

I was diagnosed officially last summer and it explained a whole lot honestly. I started a non-stimulant but which maybe helped only a little at work but not enough to notice. Then personal stuff happened and I stopped taking the pills. I don't know what sort of treatment plan I will end up on in the long run but it did mean a lot to feel validated finally knowing what was "wrong" with me. I am like very smart tbh but struggled to apply myself the older I got and and i'm starting to get to a place of managing it all. It's a lot.

I have faith in us babes. At least we now know why we've been f*cking up.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Ubermensch said:

Also while we're talking about personal experiences I just want to say that I decided to uncontrollably lock in on reviewing my finances in a gas station parking lot in the middle of the night this week and ended up locking my keys in my car when I went inside. Of course the spare key wasn't in my spot where I keep backups for important items that I frequently misplace either. It was a living nightmare because I had just pulled out quite a bit of cash at an ATM too and had to leave my car there until the morning. :clack:

Girl, can relate. That and bumping into everything, Yesterday I bumped into the elevator door and dropped my keys into the shaft. How's your sex life?

 

:clack:

5 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Girl, can relate. That and bumping into everything, Yesterday I bumped into the elevator door and dropped my keys into the shaft. How's your sex life?

 

:clack:

Spoiler

I alternate between being a huge **** and just not caring. The apps are either not on my phone or the only thing I use my phone for. It can get extremely messy.  :eli:

 

Edited by Ubermensch

I was diagnosed at 25. I excelled in school academically (because it was easy, not because I paid attention in class) and was really well behaved (because I was scared of adults) so it was never clocked, but looking back and having the education on the topic that I do now, it was SO SO SO SO FREAKIN OBVIOUS!!!!!

 

I developed a raging addiction to cocaine and m*th (and then alcohol to come down) because I was crashing out in my early 20's and I could tell something was wrong, but I had such an intense job that I was really proud of so I became a functional addict because I needed the drugs to continue to improve my performance.
 

Then I had a mental breakdown, ruined all my relationships, and finally went to a psychiatrist and what do you know….. a few sessions and tests later, I was diagnosed with ADHD. 
 

Vyvanse lowkey saved my life and now I don't party, drink, or have any desire to do illegal drugs at all.

Edited by Genie in a Bottle

  • Author
1 minute ago, Ubermensch said:
  Hide contents

I alternate between being a huge **** and just not caring. The apps are either not on my phone or the only thing I use my phone for. Its can get extremely messy.  :eli:

 

GIRL SAME. I earn for true love but my brain only reacts to novelty. Then I delete the apps thinking these hoes ain't worth it. Lord have them m*th skittles save me or bring me an ADHD riddled man.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Genie in a Bottle said:

I was diagnosed at 25. I excelled in school academically (because it was easy, not because I paid attention in class) and was really well behaved (because I was scared of adults) so it was never clocked, but looking back and having the education on the topic that I do now, it was SO SO SO SO FREAKIN OBVIOUS!!!!! My parents are 40+ years older than me (boomers) and they just wrote me off as "unusually sensitive" but my high-achieving ass made them look good so it was never even a topic of discussion.

 

I developed a raging addiction to cocaine and meth (and then alcohol to come down) because I was crashing out in my early 20's and I could tell something was wrong, but I had such an intense job that I was really proud of so I became a functional addict because I needed the drugs to continue to improve my performance.
 

Then I had a mental breakdown, ruined all my relationships, and finally went to a psychiatrist and what do you know….. a few sessions and tests later, I was diagnosed with ADHD. 
 

Vyvanse lowkey saved my life and now I don't party, drink, or have any desire to do illegal drugs at all.

C'mon success sorry and fellow m*th fiend, so proud of you! Were you able to develop intimacy though? I kept having countless sex dates where I ended up depersonalising, looking at myself from the outside and never being authentic.

For everyone here that has it, is it just based on hyperactivity? I've seen friends being diagnosed but they more had the symptoms of depression.

 

I'm seeing a therapist finally so I would like to get some information before my appointment.

I was diagnosed with every mental health condition under the sun when I was in 8th grade and was too overwhelmed to treat anything so I finally decided to take the plunge

i would be shocked if i didnt have adhd but i have a lot of anxiety around getting assessed.
like its gotten so expensive and i also for some reason feel like i wont be believed anyway? :suburban:

but im in my 30's and i feel like i suck at everything and i cant grow as a person if that makes any sense, so something needs to change i fear.

1 hour ago, Claymore said:

I'm getting my prescription tomorrow... I've fought so much with addiction and feeling close to subhuman that I'm finally happy that I can pinpoint what was wrong with me.

I wish you all the luck in the world :heart: I was extremely addicted to h for a couple of years to cope with my anxiety depression bipolar and all around self hate so I know it's hard but I'm happy you're able to treat what has been holding you back

I was diagnosed at 12, only because my younger sister was diagnosed and I had some similar issues. I always did well in school with minimal effort so never went on meds. Once I  started working a real job 9-5 is when it started to really affect me. Time blindness, executive dysfunction, procrastination, restlessness, poor time management. Then the depression and anxiety that comes with it. Been on meds for the past 5 years and it changed my life. 

 

Just now, anastaciabby said:

For everyone here that has it, is it just based on hyperactivity? I've seen friends being diagnosed but they more had the symptoms of depression.

 

I'm seeing a therapist finally so I would like to get some information before my appointment.

I was diagnosed with every mental health condition under the sun when I was in 8th grade and was too overwhelmed to treat anything so I finally decided to take the plunge

ADHD has three types- inattentive, hyperactive, and combined type. Inattentive ADHD involves low motivation/procrastination, poor time management, easily distracted, forgetfulness, poor executive functioning, etc. An example would be not listening to a teacher because you're daydreaming so in a sense the hyperactivity is internal not external. The flip side of this is hyperfocus. You can focus intensely on a task/hobby if you enjoy it and find it interesting. ADHD is referred to as an attention deficient but I see it more as an issue with regulating attention. Depression often comes with ADHD because of the guilt/shame and self-loathing that happens when you struggle to do things that seem to come so easy to other people (at least in my experience). 

Just now, Tm4074 said:

I was diagnosed at 12, only because my younger sister was diagnosed and I had some similar issues. I always did well in school with minimal effort so never went on meds. Once I  started working a real job 9-5 is when it started to really affect me. Time blindness, executive dysfunction, procrastination, restlessness, poor time management. Then the depression and anxiety that comes with it. Been on meds for the past 5 years and it changed my life. 

 

ADHD has three types- inattentive, hyperactive, and combined type. Inattentive ADHD involves low motivation/procrastination, poor time management, easily distracted, forgetfulness, poor executive functioning, etc. An example would be not listening to a teacher because you're daydreaming so in a sense the hyperactivity is internal not external. The flip side of this is hyperfocus. You can focus intensely on a task/hobby if you enjoy it and find it interesting. ADHD is referred to as an attention deficient but I see it more as an issue with regulating attention. Depression often comes with ADHD because of the guilt/shame and self-loathing that happens when you struggle to do things that seem to come so easy to other people (at least in my experience). 

Thank you so much for the info!

Wow the bolded really describes how I am... that's crazy. 

I've always been able to do amazing in school and work but not because I paid attention and always would drift off daydreaming so I never really put much thought into it and brushed it off since I thought that if I was doing well then there was nothing wrong even though I was always miserable anxious depressed and piled work on myself because I was always procrastinating

 

I am always running late, do everything last minute, am still extremely forgetful and really not motivated at all even though I do like my job. I will make sure to bring this up at my first psychiatric session, thanks so much and I hope you're doing way better now

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.