Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Drinking with colleagues, is it asking for trouble?

Featured Replies

A friend of mine always told me to keep a certain distance from colleagues.

 

Last Friday I went out to drink with colleagues. We're teachers. Everyone got wasted. We went to my other job (restaurant) to have dinner.

Some of my colleagues went to snort coke in the bathrooms of my other job and told my other boss about it without any shame, they were that drunk.

One colleague from my main job asked my boss from my other job to have xxx, even though she has a husband and child.

 

Later that night, I caught two colleagues from my main job doing dirty things in the bathroom. They both have a partner and child.

I was so disgusted and shocked, I've experienced horrible things that have to do with people who cheat in my childhood. It's very triggering for me. To see them do these acts as if they were normal or funny was very shocking to me.

 

After the first shock, all of a sudden one of my male colleagues started to tell everyone at the bar 'this one is a homosexual' (referring to me). The way he was doing it hurt me and pissed me off. I got so angry, we got into an argument and I left the bar. I also dragged the other two colleagues who were cheating on their partners before I left.

 

Is it a bad idea to hang out with colleagues? I won't be able to look at them the same anymore.

Edited by Whis

  • Replies 35
  • Views 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

This is a lot to unpack :bibliahh: 

It's been 4 days and I'm still triggered by all of it

If I was you,I would expose everyone who wronged me in some way...

 

 

What is this Slup Top Miami DLC? I wanna play it too

Edited by Mickie

1 minute ago, Whis said:

It's been 4 days and I'm still triggered by all of it

No kidding! Every sentence somehow got worse than the one before :bibliahh: I am perched to see other ATRLers opinions 

23 minutes ago, Whis said:

After the first shock, all of a sudden one of my male colleagues started to tell everyone at the bar 'this one is a homosexual' (referring to me)

WHAT? :deadbanana2:

AND YOU'RE TEACHERS? :deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Only if you own a bakery

Bonus points if that bakery has bedrooms!

It's okay to go to a happy hour with colleagues, but ALWAYS be on your best behavior and do not fully trust your coworkers. Have a reasonable boundary with your coworkers and you can let your guard down a bit, but remain professional. You will regret if you don't. Save the rowdiness for your friends or whatever you need to do. 

 

Your coworkers behavior is abhorrent and tbh I would highly consider finding a new job - if they behave like that at a work outing, best believe they will be messy chaotic coworkers during work too. Also you were blatantly discriminated against when your coworker pointed you out as gay in front of everyone.

There was nothing about it that would suggest a positive experience, so I think you have your answer :sorry:

After all of that, you really need to ask us whether it's a bad idea? Girl bye you already know the answer!

mama always keep ur guard up around co-workers…everything a kii until you do something problematic and then you get thrown under the bus :foxaylove3:

the upside to this is they literally can't fire you now tbh, time for blackmailing and ask for a raise  :heart:

Lowkey i would tell the boss or whoever is the head about such behaviour, dm the partners of those teachers and show pics of their husbands cheating and possibly get paid more

spacer.png

Why would you go from one workplace to another with your messy coworkers? :confused:

Why the hell does everyone on this site have such messy co worker relations shshdh 

OP's story reads like a 10-year reunion episode of Degrassi or Riverdale :rip:

Edited by TOASTY

30 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Why the hell does everyone on this site have such messy co worker relations shshdh 

like :deadbanana2: where the hell do y'all work 

I got drunk with my colleagues on Saturday and we had a great time like always. Maybe yours are just trashy people.

 

compressed_output2.thumb.gif.0e1df7b4588

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.