Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Olly Alexander - 'Polari'

Featured Replies

I kinda prefer this to his past two albums... there's nothing outright BAD on here but I totally agree that the songs feel like they're meant to be bigger than they actually are. But I think the 80s production is pretty fun overall.

 

Obviously not touching Communion though.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hasn’t made a good album since the debut but good luck!

  • XtinaStripped
    XtinaStripped

    You know what.. He must give great head to have the opportunities he's had in his career. Slay tbh.   Edit: Downvote this all you want. 😂 It's probably true.

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    Palo Santo was their second album  

Hmmm. Most of the album is pretty meh honestly, but I didn't expect anything more from him. However, "I Know" does feel very early Y&Y. Dizzy is stil a bop though, but that's all really. Everything else is quite skippable. 

I like this more than Night Call.  It actually is nice to listen to if you want to relax I was driving and found it very soothing

 

IMO

 

Palo Santo > Communion > Polari > Night Call

I don't get people's dislike for NC. So weird :deadbanana2:

 

I've listened to the album in full 4 times now. It definitely starts to lose steam, though I enjoy every song. There are a few I really like, then a bunch that are pretty good. 

 

PS > NC > P > C (apart from the good singles, this album really is not all that)

Obsessed with Make Me a Man. Especially the bridge :jonny5: "tell me won't you fill this hole...in my heart" the cutest double entendre

Edited by nostalgic

Thoroughly enjoyed this album, sonically it reminded me of the type of 80s songs my parents used to play often :gaycat3:

It's a very good album (definitely much better than the last two!), but it pulls so much inspiration from Erasure and Yazoo. Vince Clark should be asking for his cut of royalties lol

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.