Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

'143' Review Thread | MC: 37 (+2) | P4K: 4.5 | ATRL banner (OUT)

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

PopMatters: mixed

Quote

Of course, whether Katy Perry's 143 will attain that "love frequency" remains to be seen, especially if it bears the lead single's tendency towards awkward self-undercutting winks. At the very least, it represents a new phase in her spiritual journey. 

 

Guardian: 2 out 5

Quote

Following disastrous comeback singles and videos prompting environmental investigation, Perry's seventh album isn't the calamity expected – but it isn't good, either.

NME: 2 out 5.

Quote

The 'Teenage Dream' singer reconnects with her old collaborators for her seventh album, but fails to recreate the magic. 

Rolling Stone: 1.5 out 5

Quote

 

Katy Perry's '143' is a Failed Attempt to Rekindle Her Glory Years

 

The maximalist productions she used to lord over feel as dated as a Vine.

 

 

Edited by Bends
Opened as per admin

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Views 174.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Guys I wish I was joking... you can clearly see atrl open in my computer screen like what the hell     

  • We’ve decided to temporarily close the 143 album review thread. Unfortunately, the conversation has veered off course, with some comments becoming overly negative and disrespectful towards the Katy. W

  • Good morning ATRL! There's nothing quite like waking up to the smell of a hot latte and the promise of an impending Spotify thread.      

Oh boy, I already fear the EARTHQUAKE this thread is gonna cause to ATRL servers

:suburban:

 

Even if this album were good it would be getting panned so I'm inclined to take these reviews with a grain of salt

 

Then again the odds that Katy would make a good album in the first place are impossibly low anyway

 

:suburban:

  • Popular Post

Lemme get a front row seat on the first page of this soon to be epic bomb of all time bombs. 

 

spacer.png

 

Get in quick girlies @TomTom @SmittenCake 

1 minute ago, Phoenixstar said:

THIS WILL BE PANNED!

Well obviously, Katy's effectively replaced JLo as 2024's media punching bag

 

I'd actually feel really bad for her if she hadn't worked with Luke :sadviolin:

  • Popular Post

Pitchfork is definitely going to give it a 1.43 and they'll think they're so clever for it.

  • Popular Post

Katycats please seek refuge in the 143 album thread during all the lashings and 1 star reviews. These will be some of the hardest days in our entire lifetimes.mp3 as Katycats. Use it so we can have a safe space. We will get through this yall :jonny6:

 

97si.gif

Btw did they send early copies to critics for reviews? :toofunny3:

 

If yes, idk what they were thinking.

Edited by zoldyck

  • Popular Post
1 minute ago, fa77ot said:

where is @RideOrDie review?

katy_meme_by_thatboyyzi_di72c5o-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTU1IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOWRjYjU5NzItYTEzMS00NTE5LTg3ZTEtNjViOWY3NWM4YmQzXC9kaTcyYzVvLWVlMWNlZjdmLTcwZjktNGQ4NC04MGNlLWY5ZTE0ZTQ0N2E1YS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.vi1SHeI1Raslwo--1TahUZnWnnso7mK3Zp5WLXTTuR4

thank you for asking :heart:

 

Spoiler

Hello Kitkats and the sane users of ATRL, I come with yet another exclusive RideOrDie abloom review and inside-her tea for y'all, this time on one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Even though I was quickly banned from the 143 thread, this isn't gonna stop me from sharing my thoughts on Dr. Luke's comeback. This is for my good sis @halcyonday last post Aug 17, @Kukai last post September 7, and @katyprismspirit last post TBD. 

 

CRUSH: I think you've all heard the chorus of this, but the verses are at least listenable. It's a synth driven, thumping dance track. She's serving a high, girly voice - a flirtatious vocal performance which I prefer to her belty shtick or "sexy, c*nt-fident" vibes. Although the lyrics sound like they were written by a teenager, even more than the rest of the alboom. 2/5

 

Even all the birds are singing
Yeah I, I got those palpitations, those boom-boom-booms
I'm on a new vibration
Yeah I, I need some medication, your ooh-ooh-ooh
I need no explanation
Is it a crush, making me blush?

 

ARTIFICIAL: This sounds like a Kim Petty song (just like the rest of the album), it has a similar vibe to brr/BAIT. There's a darker hyperpop sensibility that Katy tries to pull off but fails. I guess it's not too far from some of the urban/r&b leaning songs she tried to do before, but her cringe vocal performance and personality prevents any sort of cuntiness from being served. And yes it sounds like Gorgeous too, which we've all unfortunately heard bits of. 1.5/5

 

Artificial, say what you're thinking
Do you put emotions over reason
Are you gonna love me like a human
Can you touch me in a simulation
Who's gonna save us from losing our minds
Oh you're so dangerous, devil in disguise

 

TRUTH: This one is extremely, disgustingly boring. This is my least favourite as it serves the most filler on an alboom full of fillers. I truly believe she AI'd this one, because there's no other reason why pop music is being desecrated like this. 1/5

 

You treat me different
Tell me what's going through your mind
You act so distant
Who you see when you close your eyes
I wanna know the truth, even if it hurt-hurts me

 

ALL THE LOVE: Yet another cheesy, empowerment style song with a dancier mid-tempo production. I'm honestly out of words to describe them at this point, as nothing new is being offered to my ears on this repetitive, saccharine, almost AI'd journey. I can't decide if Truth or this one made me plead in agony, "Katy Perry please stop." 1.5/5

 

WONDER: This one sounds like a classic Stargate song, there's a euphoric euro-pop quality to it. This is the least offensive out of everything I've heard and it would have probably smashed in 2013. Acoustic guitars on the chorus, synth driven, thumping beat, it's a nice listen and a cute song for her daughter. But nonetheless extremely dated and nothing new from the queen of cheesy empowerment songs. 2/5

 

Be heavy on your wings
Stay pure, beautiful girl, woah
Don't let the fear in the world
Burn out what you believe
Cause one day when we're older
Will we still look up and wonder?

 

Overall, an incredibly generic and dated offering with the most surface level lyrics you could ever dream of. Each song sounds like a copy-paste of one another with minimal variations, sometimes she tries to serve "c*nt" on songs like Artificial and falls flat on her face. Though I think her fans will enjoy and hype mid tracks like Crush and Nirvana (the latter being my 'favourite'), there's zero artistic growth being displayed on here. She is phoning it in and pandering to gays on demos that were probably leftover in Ava Max and Kim Petras folders, in a desperate attempt to revive her and Dr Luke's career. I genuinely think there are much better cuts on Whiteness and Smile, while 143 is exactly the musical junkyard that we were promised with Woman's World.

 

Deserves a <40 score. And I don't need to hear it in full to know that.

 

:ryan3:

oh henny ive been waiting for this

 

Imgur-GIF-resize-4.gif

Edited by mercurialworld

Starting out with a 20 is so 

:suburban:

But also Sputnik is like the harshest critic accepted by Metacritic so we have to wait 

Edited by burninredhot

Just now, Luckitty said:

she's about to have the lowest score of the year :party:

At least she'll break a record this year. :clap3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.