Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Is Adele a better singer than Whitney and Mariah?

Featured Replies

I understand from a technical point of view Whitney and Mariah are better, but Adele's singing is way more emotive imo. I never felt anything emotional when listening to Whitney or Mariah but when I listen to Adele's voice I could cry. 

Whitney and Mariah I admire their voice for their power and range but Adele's voice makes me FEEL things. Period. 

 

  • Replies 110
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Pokemonfan1515
    Pokemonfan1515

    No... by that logic Taylor would be the greatest vocalist of all time since I've seen more people crying to her than any other singer 

  • Teen Spirit
    Teen Spirit

    No but her discography is better than Whitney's.

  • Popular Post

No... by that logic Taylor would be the greatest vocalist of all time since I've seen more people crying to her than any other singer :rip:

  • Author
Just now, Pokemonfan1515 said:

No... by that logic Taylor would be the greatest vocalist of all time since I've seen more people crying to her than any other singer :rip:

Taylor is the queen of pop and the female mj so she has that effect. But here I'm talking more about the VOICE and the ways in which it can move people. I feel nothing when I listen to Mariah as an example but when Adele sings you just know it's going to make IMPACT.

Subjectively, that's up to each individual. Everyone gravitates to someone or something different. Personally, I've gotten that feeling from all three women in differing ways through their music.  

I'd be inclined to agree IF Adele was still releasing music as good as 21 :jonny5: but Mariah/Whitney are better singers with better catalogues imo. 

  • Author
Just now, TaylorsSquad said:

I'd be inclined to agree IF Adele was still releasing music as good as 21 :jonny5: but Mariah/Whitney are better singers with better catalogues imo. 

Whitney's catalogue is awful aside from her few big hits :rip:  You can tell she's just singing the songs other people wrote for her. 
 

Mariah has a better discography but when I listen to her more deep songs like 'Outside' I feel nothing from it. Maybe because she does all these vocal tricks and her tone. Adele always keeps it simple but delivers EMOTIONS with her vocals. 

Adele is one of my faves but there's no way you'd make me say she's a better vocalist that Whitney and Mariah. Those two are untouchable.

No, her tone is unpleasant and she is often off key when singing live.

No, but that doesn't mean she's not an extremely good vocalist and fantastic at showcasing emotion (she actually preserved her voice in top shape for longer than Mariah or Whitney, even with her health complications) :michael:

 

Prime Mariah and Whitney had bigger range, versatility (especially Mariah pulling melisma like it was nothing) and like you said, more impressive technique.

8 minutes ago, Kukai said:

Whitney's catalogue is awful aside from her few big hits :rip:  You can tell she's just singing the songs other people wrote for her. 
 

Mariah has a better discography but when I listen to her more deep songs like 'Outside' I feel nothing from it. Maybe because she does all these vocal tricks and her tone. Adele always keeps it simple but delivers EMOTIONS with her vocals. 

Whitney's catalogue isn't the strongest but I enjoy 'My Love Is Your Love' & 'The Preachers Wife' Albums from her :lakitu: I get your argument about Adele being more emotive too, just prefer both Whitney/Mariah to Adele but if Adele was serving quality like Turning Tables still I'd easily prefer her. 

18 minutes ago, Kukai said:

Taylor is the queen of pop and the female mj so she has that effect.

:bibliahh:.

 

and no, Adele is not a better singer than Whitney and Mariah. I like her a lot, but no. lol

Edited by Charmed Life

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

No, but that doesn't mean she's not an extremely good vocalist and fantastic at showcasing emotion (she actually preserved her voice in top shape for longer than Mariah or Whitney, even with her health complications) :michael:

 

Prime Mariah and Whitney had bigger range, versatility (especially Mariah pulling melisma like it was nothing) and like you said, more impressive technique.

I think a lot of people in this thread think I'm saying Adele is a better vocalist when I'm not. Of course those two will always be legendary singers with vocals that have influenced the singing style of a generation. But being a great vocalist doesnt mean you can emote well.

 

Imo Adele's discography will age better than Mariah and Whitney's. For me, I have never felt any emotion from Mariah because of all her annoying and unnecessary vocal tricks. Whitney's songs I Have Nothing and Run To You made me feel slightly emotional. But almost every Adele song makes me feel something. Adele can just emote like no other. Her voice is incredibly emotive and nuanced. 

Edited by Kukai

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.