Charli outcharts Camila, why?

Pink Whitney

Charli's new single 360 debuted at #131 on the US Spotify chart while Camila's latest single failed to debut, why?

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

:bibliahh:

Because that's what Camila and her team deserve 

Fun fact: Charli's last album (CRASH) sold more than Camila's (Familia) first week, will history repeat itself? :coffee2:

• Like 10

:deadbanana2:

Now girl... I love Charli but...let's not lol

I LUV IT

= 55,911,752

Von dutch +

The von dutch remix with addison rae and a.g. cook +

Club classics +

B2b +

The von dutch remix with skream and benga +

= 47,562,249

• Confused 3

32 minutes ago, XXI. said:

I LUV IT

= 55,911,752

Von dutch +

Club classics +

B2b +

= 47,562,249

I'm not sure how this is a drag. This likely means Charli gets strong streams from a small number of countries while Camila gets a very small number of streams from many countries. What exactly is the impact of high(er) total streams if none of those streams concentrated enough in a single country for a meaningful chart run?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Communion said:

I'm not sure how this is a drag. This likely means Charli gets strong streams from a small number of countries while Camila gets a very small number of streams from many countries. What exactly is the impact of high(er) total streams if none of those streams concentrated enough in a single country for a meaningful chart run?

Well, I'm a fan of Charli so I'm not trying to drag her. However, these Camila hate threads are tiring.

My point is that Camila is releasing hyper pop, which sonically and visually is very polarizing from all of her previous releases... and even still with one song she is outstreaming Charli's entire album rollout on all fronts - when this genre is supposed to be her bread and butter... and those numbers are just from Spotify.

Edited by XXI.

1 hour ago, XXI. said:

I LUV IT

= 55,911,752

Von dutch +

Club classics +

B2b +

= 47,562,249

i'd love to see the numbers when camila drops a solo song with the same push charli gets

inb4 brat outsells C,XCX

• Like 1

Just now, punisher said:

i'd love to see the numbers when camila drops a solo song with the same push charli gets

inb4 brat outsells C,XCX

We'll see sis... I mean if that happens with Camila having features from Drake and Lana :rip: That would be tragic for her.   

I honestly don't care either way - I'm not invested in sales like that. I just care about the music, and like I said... I like Charli.

Because the original will always win :1stplace:

2 hours ago, Pink Whitney said:

Fun fact: Charli's last album (CRASH) sold more than Camila's (Familia) first week, will history repeat itself? :coffee2:

CRASH is dat album 

Stream Good Ones for Good Skin 

Why wouldn't Charli out chart Camilla? Charli is more established and a key innovator of the Hyper-pop genre? 

Camilla is a stowaway from a defunct girlband still struggling to establish a solo identity acceptable to the public.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, XXI. said:

Well, I'm a fan of Charli so I'm not trying to drag her. However, these Camila hate threads are tiring.

My point is that Camila is releasing hyper pop, which sonically and visually is very polarizing from all of her previous releases... and even still with one song she is outstreaming Charli's entire album rollout on all fronts - when this genre is supposed to be her bread and butter... and those numbers are just from Spotify.

Charli is not exactly putting out Dua Lipa songs here, it's definitely embarrassing that Camila is in competition with Charli XCX bc she's supposed to be a more commercially viable star. She's not a critical darling or avant-garde niche figure like Charli, and the rebrand is not really building that image for her either 

Edited by Obsession
  • Like 1

The alt ppl are not buying Camilla, even if they recognize the greatness of El Guincho productions. Her best shot is more people checking her album out of curiosity, because they are not sticking to the ride. Charli has built a solid fanbase with these audiences, so they always show up for her, even during her messy rollouts. 

The mid off

megan-thee-stallion-sushi.thumb.gif.907b748dc71c4714c2301824fe83bc33.gif

Camila is no talented loser. :michael:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.