Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Solar Power vs Endless Summer Vacation

Solar Power vs Endless Summer Vacation 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Which album is better?

    • Solar Power by Lorde
      42%
    • Endless Summer Vacation by Miley Cyrus
      57%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 27
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • popmusicisdead
    popmusicisdead

    the only Solar Power stan on ATRL just took a beating on SYG. don't do this to ha

  • Kayseri Mantisi
    Kayseri Mantisi

    Solar Power and it's not even close   Instead of just using "Endless Summer Vacation" as a title and not actually having summer related themes and lyrics, Solar Power perfectly captures the

  • Solar Power by miles  

the only Solar Power stan on ATRL just took a beating on SYG. don't do this to ha

Edited by popmusicisdead

They're in an awful-off but only one has the smash that got away aka violet chemistry 

Solar Power and it's not even close

 

Instead of just using "Endless Summer Vacation" as a title and not actually having summer related themes and lyrics, Solar Power perfectly captures the escapism that comes with summer combined with questions about your future, the feeling you get in nature & the ocean and more. It actually helped me with a lot of things in my life like every other Lorde album does. The whole album is also instrumentally cohesive instead of having random moments like ESV does. When you look at the cover art you immediately get a sense of the album too.

 

Actually Oceanic Feeling alone is better than all of the tracks in Endless Summer Vacation and that's just one song. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

The one that actually produced a successful song :rip:

This thread isn't even about success, the obsession :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

This thread isn't even about success, the obsession :rip: 

Well i made it into one. Your point? 

 

If you didn't understood my comment... The better album is the one who've seen success. 

 

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Eating GIF

ESV has Handstand, Violet Chemistry, Rose Colored Lenses, Island and You so..

2 minutes ago, Robburro said:

 Island

Spoiler

Am I stranded on an island?

Or have I landed in paradise?

Am I stranded (I'm missin' you, babe)

On an island? (Your hands on my face)

Or have I landed (You're my)

In paradise?

Am I stranded (I hear your voice like a song on the radio)

On an island? (All day along, 'cause, boy, I've been missin' you)

Or have I landed (I hear your voice like a song on the radio, ah)

In paradise?

Am I stranded (I hear your voice like a song on the radio)

On an island? (All day along, 'cause, boy, I've been missin' you)

Or have I landed (I hear your voice like a song on the radio, ah)

In paradise?

vs

 

Spoiler

[Intro]

It's a blue day

We could jump Bulli

When I hit that water

When it holds me

I think about my father

Doin' the same thing

When he was a boy

When he was a boy

It's a blue day

We could go fishing

You'll catch the big one

Ah

 

[Verse 1]

Slidin' the knife under the skin

Grateful for this offering

And all the livin' things under the sun

Under the sun

 

[Verse 2]

Little brother, I think you're an angel

I see your silver chain levitate

When you're kickflipping

Baby boy, you're super cool

I know you're scared, so was I

But all will be revealed in time (Time, time)

 

[Verse 3]

Oh, look, the rays are in the bay now

Can you hear the waves and the cicadas all around?

I can make anything real

Brain so hot, it's a summer body

Every day is blue and never cloudy

Don't look down

I can make anything real

 

[Verse 4]

In the future

If I have a daughter

Will she have my waist

Or my widow's peak?

My dreamer's disposition or my wicked streak?

 

[Verse 5]

Will she split a tab with her lover?

And laugh at the stars like her mother

When she was a girl?

When she was a girl?

 

[Refrain]

Now the cherry-black lipstick's gathering dust in a drawer

I don't need her anymore

'Cause I got this power

I just had to breathe (Breathe out, breathe out, breathe out, breathe out)

And tune in (Tune in, tune in, tune in, tune in)

I just had to breathe (Breathe out, breathe out, breathe out, breathe out)

And tune in (Tune in, tune in, tune in, tune in)

I just had to breathe

And tune in

I just had to breathe

And tune in

I just had to breathe

 

[Outro: Lorde & Marlon Williams]

Oh, was enlightenment found?

No, but I'm tryin', takin' it one year at a time

Oh, oh, can you hear the sound?

It's shimmerin' higher

On the beach, I'm buildin' a pyre

(Use the wood brought in by the tide)

I know you'll show me how, I'll know when it's time

To take off my robes and step into the choir

I really don't get y'all sometimes 

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Am I stranded on an island?

Or have I landed in paradise?

Am I stranded (I'm missin' you, babe)

On an island? (Your hands on my face)

Or have I landed (You're my)

In paradise?

Am I stranded (I hear your voice like a song on the radio)

On an island? (All day along, 'cause, boy, I've been missin' you)

Or have I landed (I hear your voice like a song on the radio, ah)

In paradise?

Am I stranded (I hear your voice like a song on the radio)

On an island? (All day along, 'cause, boy, I've been missin' you)

Or have I landed (I hear your voice like a song on the radio, ah)p

In paradise?

vs

  Hide contents

[Intro]

It's a blue day

We could jump Bulli

When I hit that water

When it holds me

I think about my father

Doin' the same thing

When he was a boy

When he was a boy

It's a blue day

We could go fishing

You'll catch the big one

Ah

 

[Verse 1]

Slidin' the knife under the skin

Grateful for this offering

And all the livin' things under the sun

Under the sun

 

[Verse 2]

Little brother, I think you're an angel

I see your silver chain levitate

When you're kickflipping

Baby boy, you're super cool

I know you're scared, so was I

But all will be revealed in time (Time, time)

 

[Verse 3]

Oh, look, the rays are in the bay now

Can you hear the waves and the cicadas all around?

I can make anything real

Brain so hot, it's a summer body

Every day is blue and never cloudy

Don't look down

I can make anything real

 

[Verse 4]

In the future

If I have a daughter

Will she have my waist

Or my widow's peak?

My dreamer's disposition or my wicked streak?

 

[Verse 5]

Will she split a tab with her lover?

And laugh at the stars like her mother

When she was a girl?

When she was a girl?

 

[Refrain]

Now the cherry-black lipstick's gathering dust in a drawer

I don't need her anymore

'Cause I got this power

I just had to breathe (Breathe out, breathe out, breathe out, breathe out)

And tune in (Tune in, tune in, tune in, tune in)

I just had to breathe (Breathe out, breathe out, breathe out, breathe out)

And tune in (Tune in, tune in, tune in, tune in)

I just had to breathe

And tune in

I just had to breathe

And tune in

I just had to breathe

 

[Outro: Lorde & Marlon Williams]

Oh, was enlightenment found?

No, but I'm tryin', takin' it one year at a time

Oh, oh, can you hear the sound?

It's shimmerin' higher

On the beach, I'm buildin' a pyre

(Use the wood brought in by the tide)

I know you'll show me how, I'll know when it's time

To take off my robes and step into the choir

I really don't get y'all 

girl if lyrics was the sole cause of a song being good Taylor Swift would be a genius

 

and I'm saying that loving SP.

Just now, Robburro said:

girl if lyrics was the sole cause of a song being good Taylor Swift would be a genius

 

and I'm saying that loving SP.

It's not just lyrically better it's better from every aspect.... But anyways I understand that different opinions can exist but I really don't get it :rip:

 

Love Lorde, but nothing on Solar Power comes close to this. :heart2:

I'm a Lorde stan but ESV is better.

 

Stoned at the Nail Salon is the best song amongst the two projects though.

I need y'all to start being fr :rip: Solar Power is more cohesive, considered and well-written than ESV and it's not even close. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.