8. Maybe She Was the One

9. Feel It

10. Bojack Baby

11. Walking the Dogs

12. I Don't See You (How I Used To)

3000x3000.jpg

Edited by LoveInStereo
  • Like 2

i thought i was the only person who cared about this queen! her singles so far have been really good and the album is going to be cute

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's her style? Any suggestions so far to get into her?

• Like 1

OHHH MY GOODDDD

38 minutes ago, Démodé said:

Sophies old music is like a low-key chill dreamy version charli XCX

Her new music is more chill, laid back, introspective and emotional. She's has usually has futuristic sounding production but not noisy hyper-pop level

She's also really good at melodies. I recommend "Drinking Game" and "Ghost"

I'm kinda glad it's 12 tracks instead of 10. I just hope there's a deluxe coming 

41 minutes ago, Démodé said:

Personally, the 1st song of hers I heard that instantly had me hooked was Walking the Dogs which is a bittersweet mid tempo ballad. If you're into slower music, that + Crowd & 17chains are worth checking out. If you're looking for more uptempo music, check out Like That, Nasty, Cardigan or Ghosts!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I'm kinda glad it's 12 tracks instead of 10. I just hope there's a deluxe coming 

Hard agree! We've had 6 singles so if we don't count the interlude, we're getting 5 new songs. I'm grateful (especially after the gruelling wait with no finish line for so long) but the subject matter has been a real kaleidoscope of emotion so there's no risk of the material getting repetitive or redundant. Every song has given us a different perspective on a breakup in all its complexities. It's been the furthest thing from 1 note, both sonically & thematically. She has a lot to get off her chest & I'm eager to hear as much as she wants to share

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Personally, the 1st song of hers I heard that instantly had me hooked was Walking the Dogs which is a bittersweet mid tempo ballad. If you're into slower music, that + Crowd & 17chains are worth checking out. If you're looking for more uptempo music, check out Like That, Nasty, Cardigan or Ghosts!

And if you're into hyper pop, football game is your best bet

12 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Hard agree! We've had 6 singles so if we don't count the interlude, we're getting 5 new songs. I'm grateful (especially after the gruelling wait with no finish line for so long) but the subject matter has been a real kaleidoscope of emotion so there's no risk of the material getting repetitive or redundant. Every song has given us a different perspective on a breakup in all its complexities. It's been the furthest thing from 1 note, both sonically & thematically. She has a lot to get off her chest & I'm eager to hear as much as she wants to share

I just wish she announced the date of her album with 17 chains or before that. It's a little weird just to announce it the week it's getting released

• Like 1

Img yes can't wait love walking the dogs and 17chains

• Like 1

I hope she gets a proper team behind her at some point. This rollout was incredibly subpar. Updating the EP with a new track was so… :doc: Will definitely be checking for it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mystic Warrior said:

I hope she gets a proper team behind her at some point. This rollout was incredibly subpar. Updating the EP with a new track was so… :doc: Will definitely be checking for it. 

Yes the rollout was chaos. Way too long and announcing the album last min when you had the album ready to go along time ago...

Why hasn't she put the preorder link on her socials? smh

New cover for the album thank god

I like it a lot except i wish it was slightly more visible

Also the album is pretty good

3000x3000.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delirious said:

New cover for the album thank god

I like it a lot except i wish it was slightly more visible

Also the album is pretty good

3000x3000.jpg

Love the symbolism of the headphones connected to the light, very poetic. On 1st listen, Feel It was the only song that lived up to the pre-release songs. 2nd play through, I liked it a lot more. It's a very eclectic project, kind of a lot to digest!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Love the symbolism of the headphones connected to the light, very poetic. On 1st listen, Feel It was the only song that lived up to the pre-release songs. 2nd play through, I liked it a lot more. It's a very eclectic project, kind of a lot to digest!

is it jiust me or does the LAN PArty interlude cut off so randomly?

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

is it jiust me or does the LAN PArty interlude cut off so randomly?

Same here. It's a shame because those synths are gorgeous & it does suit the palette of Certain Light but if it's not fixed & made seamless, I could see it being a skip. Excited to hear it later on Apple Music in hifi

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Same here. It's a shame because those synths are gorgeous & it does suit the palette of Certain Light but if it's not fixed & made seamless, I could see it being a skip. Excited to hear it later on Apple Music in hifi

I really like the interlude but yea, it stops so abruptly it doesn't make any sense at all. Ruins the album experience for me

I just gave it a spin, and LAN Party's cut seriously ruins the momentum. It would've complemented certain lights so much...
That being said, on my first listen, from non-singles, I LOVE Maybe She's The One and Moments, MSTO especially. Not4me says it all with the title though... a skip :chick3:
Feel It is a cute chill bop, while bojack baby is the 'Girlfriend of Basement Party. I'm excited about what's next for her; Nasty and Cardigan set the bar extremely high for her though...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shinri said:

I just gave it a spin, and LAN Party's cut seriously ruins the momentum. It would've complemented certain lights so much...
That being said, on my first listen, from non-singles, I LOVE Maybe She's The One and Moments, MSTO especially. Not4me says it all with the title though... a skip :chick3:
Feel It is a cute chill bop, while bojack baby is the 'Girlfriend of Basement Party. I'm excited about what's next for her; Nasty and Cardigan set the bar extremely high for her though...

omg this is such a good review everything you said is mostly on point!

• Thanks 1

for me, this album was her safest project yet. She took a lot of inspo from Taylor but still adds her own flair. It's her weakest project BUT that's only because of the tracks I don't like which is normal for an album. I just wish she explored her hyperpop sound more. I really really like her dreamy tracks as always. She excels at melodies and those dreamy chill vibes.

Nevertheless, the album was still very good and I really adore it.

77/100 for me

BEST TRACKS

17 chains

walking the dogs

certain light

maybe she was the one

GOOD TRACKS

bojack baby

feel it

LAN Party Interlude (that cut off is sooooooo bad though - she needs to fix this ASAP)

moments (a lot of Taylor inspo here)

WORST TRACKS (still enjoyable)

like that

SUPERNOVA

i don't see you

• Like 1

It's fine but she's gotten very boring

I just hate how Basement Party EP was BOP after BOP and it didn't translate into an album era..

then she hits us with this snoozefest like-

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.