Meghan Trainor - 'Timeless'

Joyride

I totally forgot this was coming out today. Ready for the lighthearted bops.

To The Moon was such GIANT bop

• Like 1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ViviDreams

• alexaalto

• Flocon

• Topaz

I am currently on my first listen and the "Whoops" bridge legitimately had me shook a bit!

• Like 2

Okay, "Rollin'", "I Don't Do Maybe", and "I Get It" is a pretty solid three track run. "Rollin'" is a bit cringe but it clear it's meant to be this era's "Made You Look". This is already a much better album than Takin' It Back–which I personally felt was very underwhelming–and probably her best work yet. Six songs left!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gladiator said:

The way I'm excited for this album more than I have been for an album release in a while would lead me to getting bullied and harassed on Twitter.

We're in this together :heart:

Ok this is such a cute album, this is so her lane and yes it may be somewhat cheesy but its fun harmless pop that she does so well.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

Okay, "Rollin'", "I Don't Do Maybe", and "I Get It" is a pretty solid three track run. "Rollin'" is a bit cringe but it clear it's meant to be this era's "Made You Look". This is already a much better album than Takin' It Back–which I personally felt was very underwhelming–and probably her best work yet. Six songs left!

Just now, goldstargay said:

Ok this is such a cute album, this is so her lane and yes it may be somewhat cheesy but its fun harmless pop that she does so well.

I'm so excited :jonnycat: also happy to see some life in this thread :bird:

Posted (edited)

Overall, it's a pretty decent album. Is it a good one? In all honesty, that's difficult to say because it feels like Meghan hasn't progressed much since her debut. Half of every album is about loving yourself, there's a few tracks about how irresistible she is because of her ass-ets/charms, and a couple songs about how a guy didn't get it right and therefore it is his loss. Timeless is no different from this, yet I can see there are signs she wants to push boundaries sonically, even if she does not lyrically. I wonder how much this has to do with the fact that it's just who she is and she can't help but show much growth and/or her record label creating boundaries to make safe album after safe album. ("Crushin', "I Wanna Thank Me", and "Bestie" are essentially the exactly same song in different colors). One thing is for sure, I will never be deceived in the way "Wave" fooled me into thinking its parent album was going to be "groundbreaking" for her standards. This is probably her best album yet, even though that feels more like a bittersweet statement more than anything else.

Also and ironically, the title track (aka "Timeless") sounded EXACTLY what I expected it to be and lyrically EXACTLY what I knew she would sing about.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

A bit of a shame the booklet does not include lyrics; it is her first album to do so:

At least the photoshoot is a serve!

Edited by skwonderfactory
  • Like 1

Don't tell me that the whole album sounds the same!

8 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

Overall, it's a pretty decent album. Is it a good one? In all honesty, that's difficult to say because it feels like Meghan hasn't progressed much since her debut. Half of every album is about loving yourself, there's a few tracks about how irresistible she is because of her ass-ets/charms, and a couple songs about how a guy didn't get it right and therefore it is his loss. Timeless is no different from this, yet I can see there are signs she wants to push boundaries sonically, even if she does not lyrically. I wonder how much this has to do with the fact that it's just who she is and she can't help but show much growth and/or her record label creating boundaries to make safe album after safe album. ("Crushin', "I Wanna Thank Me", and "Bestie" are essentially the exactly same song in different colors). One thing is for sure, I will never be deceived in the way "Wave" fooled me into thinking its parent album was going to be "groundbreaking" for her standards. This is probably her best album yet, even though that feels more like a bittersweet statement more than anything else.

Also and ironically, the title track (aka "Timeless") sounded EXACTLY what I expected it to be and lyrically EXACTLY what I knew she would sing about.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

A bit of a shame the booklet does not include lyrics; it is her best album to do so:

At least the photoshoot is a serve!

I am so sad that the GP let her flop when she finally changed up her sound (Wave/LYBR, etc). As soon as she goes back to her roots, she starts seeing "success" again.

Meghan is so talented and can absolutely SERVE, so it's a total loss that she gets boxed into her signature doo-*** :chick3:

half of the album is the same, they sound the same.

Not Meghan and Kaytranada releasing an album with the same name on the same day

• Like 1

Any ballads or different types of songs? I like Meghan but she hasn't had a solid album since Title. I'm tired of her empowerment anthems.

Hate it here is the best song.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Hate it here is the best song.

Came her to say this! Easily the standout. The only song worth saving on this album I fear

1 hour ago, Tylerbv said:

Any ballads or different types of songs? I like Meghan but she hasn't had a solid album since Title. I'm tired of her empowerment anthems.

Forget How To Love and Timeless are the only songs close to ballads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Came her to say this! Easily the standout. The only song worth saving on this album I fear

Sadly I feel the same. By far her weakest album. But I will listen to the songs again, maybe they just need to grow on me.

Absolutely loving Hate It Here :jonny5:

• Like 1

one of them sounds like she's about to sing Little Mix Black Magic :toofunny3:

This is a cute album. I think it's better than Takin it Back. 

Listening now :allears:

cute album but was hoping a few Wave coded tracks:alexz3:

I like this album a lot! She always just delivers easy listening bops. Too bad I need to choose between it And Charli today 🥲

Cute album but I hope it will grow on me more to say it's a solid record from her, for me. Rooting for Criminals to make it to the deluxe tho.

Tracks I love so far: To the Moon, Love on Hold, Whoops, Hate it Here, Timeless

Posted (edited)

hopefully a deluxe is on the way:celestial4:

Edited by alexaalto

Ooh! This is really cute and fun. I really don't desire much more from Meghan tbh.

I know Takin' It Back was also a return to doo *** but this sounds the most similar to Title. Abandoning that sound so quickly was a mistake imo. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.