Ed Sheeran - 'Autumn Variations'

Nefertiti0

https://music.apple.com/us/album/autumn-variations/1703592522

The album has been produced by Aaron Dessner and features 14 new tracks.

“Last autumn, I found that my friends and I were going through so many life changes. After the heat of the summer, everything either calmed, settled, fell apart, came to a head or imploded,” says Ed Sheeran.

“When I went through a difficult time at the start of last year, writing songs helped me understand my feelings and come to terms with what was going on, and when I learned about my friend’s different situations, I wrote songs, some from their perspectives, some from mine, to capture how they and I viewed the world at that time. There were highs of falling in love and new friendships among lows of heartbreak, depression, loneliness and confusion.”

“My dad and brother told me about a composer called Elgar, who composed ‘Enigma Variations’, where each of the 14 compositions were about a different one of his friends. This is what inspired me to make this album. When I recorded Subtract with Aaron Dessner, we clicked immediately. We wrote and recorded non-stop and this album was born out of that partnership. I feel he has captured the feeling of autumn so wonderfully in his sonics and I hope everyone loves it as much as I do.”

Gingerbread Man Records, the label founded by Ed Sheeran in partnership with Warner Music Group in 2015, will release the album.

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• spiritboy

• Starkboy

• GRMusic

Just now, Marvin said:

What is this :skull:

His new album.

No idea what's going on with his career

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, GRMusic said:

His new album.

Releasing a week after his tour ends... interesting. I guess seasons will be the new album theme/symbol?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Releasing a week after his tour ends... interesting. I guess seasons will be the new album theme/symbol?

Maybe…

I‘m pretty sure that most of the album, if not all, is produced by Dessner.

The cover looks like those books for children explaining the alphabet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Oh wow this is his first album that's not titled like +-=%x÷

I forgot he released an album this year already. Rough. This sounds more promising though. 

He tried to make his Folklore with - so I think this might be his Evermore, gives the same vibes too

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Oh wow this is his first album that's not titled like +-=%x÷

No.6 Collaborations Project though

• Like 1

The folklore / evermore print... :coffee:

Well, well I am interested in this... - is quite good so it'll be interested to see what this sounds like and there's 3 explicit songs. Two brand new albums in the span of almost five months, his folklore/evermore moment.

Now everyone try to jump on Aaron, Taylor your doing :bibliahh:

• Like 1

cant believe beside Eyes Closed, none of his songs from his last album surpasses 50 mil yet

even half of them hasnt crossed 10mil yet :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Eh Dessner all over this. I found the melodies and production of quite weak tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

No.6 Collaborations Project though

I know but I don't count that

The evermore to - folklore :rip:

now i get the copyright allegations, this man has not a single creative bone in his spine. what a copycat

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.