• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

The way nearly every Taylor song eliminated is better than Maroon, Anti-Hero, and Hits Different. Why did yall do this? :shakeno:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

The way nearly every Taylor song eliminated is better than Maroon, Anti-Hero, and Hits Different. Why did yall do this? :shakeno:

"Maroon" is a highlight! But those other two certainly could go.

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

sq7nCU0.png

AISLAMIENTO

Average score: 6.55

High score: 10 (@305)

Low score: 1 (@creativity.)

Dodging paparazzi in a hoodie and sunglasses and struggling to keep up the façade of celebrity, Rosalía feels cut off from the world on this bonus track from the Motomami + rerelease, wondering whether she is truly happy anymore. With its machine-gun drum machine beat and the haunting chants of a choir, “Aislamiento” has a foreboding beauty that recalls Kate Bush. (“Cloudbusting,” anyone?)

Best bit: “Si me sale una lágrima, Dios me lo perdone/Por dar por sentado tantas bendiciones”

Hay un muro entre yo y el mundo
No quiero que pienses que eso me da orgullo

1091109212672770058.gif?size=96&quality=

Poor La Kilié :cries:

Aislamiento is an interesting track. 

Snow on the Beach is overrated drivel.

Yo No Soy Celoso is great! This Bossa Nova ditty should've made it a lot further. Kinda reminds me of an acoustic Radiohead ballad.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Norte said:

Poor La Kilié :cries:

La kiliamos.

11 hours ago, Achilles. said:

The singles have spoken :michael:

Gone Girl is absolutely generic Trash that needs to go. A true filler

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, supaspaz said:

XB3SM1a.png

SNOW ON THE BEACH

ft. Lana Del Rey

Average score: 6.57

High score: 10 (@brokee, @State of Grace., @creativity., @Ace Reject)

Low score: 1 (@madonnas)

There is nothing Taylor loves like falling in love, that magical moment of two souls connecting, which she compares to the surreal quality of “Snow on the Beach” in this ethereal Midnights cut. Debuting at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 following the album’s release, it technically gave Lana Del Rey her biggest chart hit ever, though she is effectively relegated to a background vocalist providing harmonies. Perhaps in response to criticism of Taylor’s long history of doing this to other female artists, she subsequently included a “More Lana Del Rey” version with a whole solo LDR verse on Midnights (The Til Dawn Edition).

Best bit: Taylor almost delving into hashtag rap with her “But your eyes are flying saucers from another planet/Now I'm all for you like Janet” couplet

ATRL says…: “This song makes my skin crawl,” @madonnas moaned. @Rev8 found it “a bit underwhelming at first,” but it “grew on me,” he said. “Personally, it's always like that with Tay and Lana.”

BULLSHIT!

Why y'all ain't use that Uproxx poll, apparently it is now the Pazz & Jop replacement 

Renny still untouched iktr

Never understood the hate for Bejeweled tbh especially from the Swifties themselves. It really is the only tolerable song for me on that entire album. Screaming at Music for Guantanamo Bay shdsihdisohdios I think I agree with madonnas idk if I'm just a Harry hater but that song would probably elevate by like 6 points if it had some production edits and ANYONE ELSE (besides Ed maybe) performed it. Everything else out from Saturday, mostly fine. Maybe Late Night Talking should have left before Cinema but whatever.

I have very few thoughts on the Sunday departures nn. Kinda sad to see Andrea leave given how much I stan Buscabulla, but The Marias won on the female-vocal collabs on that record. I am shocked Yo No Soy Celoso made it this far, so I'm not mad at it leaving even if it's still sorely underrated. Ah well!

• ATRL Moderator
35 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

"Un rate sin Bad Bunny" :hoetenks:

You all took away a lot of his carrots this weekend!

On 6/6/2023 at 4:52 AM, supaspaz said:

NIIECIo.png

SMOKING ON MY EX PACK

Average score: 6.13

High score: 10 (@a_d_22)

Low score: 1 (@305, @kandicha)

Finally leaning into the Wu-Tang Clan origins of her stage name, SZA goes hardcore emcee on this vicious diss track from SOS, dragging past lovers and wannabes alike over a chipmunk sample of Webster Lewis’ “Open Up Your Eyes.” In under 90 seconds, she reasserts her sexual independence, probably comes for Drake (“I got your favorite rapper blocked”) and proves her pen game with one instantly classic lyric.

Best bit: “Them ho accusations weak/Them ***** accusations true”

ATRL says…: “The old-school rap came awt,” @Rev8 praised. @madonnas dismissed it as an “interlude.”

How did this get out so early??

On 6/10/2023 at 9:38 PM, supaspaz said:

HTfTZo5.png

MUSIC FOR A SUSHI RESTAURANT

Average score: 6.31

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Reverie, @Norte, @Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @Virgos Groove, @creativity.)

This is the kind of delightful ‘70s funk pastiche that Bruno Mars wishes he was making! An invigorating and nonsensical love song with a blowout percussion section, “Music For a Sushi Restaurant” served as the soundtrack to an Apple AirPods commercial and then the third single from Harry’s House, with a music video featuring Harry as a squid hybrid who sings to avoid becoming supper. It debuted and peaked at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the album’s release week, never quite growing into a major hit, though it did reach the top ten on pop radio. Perhaps the song is just a touch too odd and esoteric to become the party starter it deserved to be. The voters certainly seemed confounded by it, making “Music For a Sushi Restaurant” the first single eliminated in this rate.

Best bit: Those horns! Those ******* horns!

ATRL says…: The girls were talking! “I really wanted to like this one but god it was awful,” @a_d_22 complained. @Ewan Chaos “liked this the first time I listened to this album but WHEW the tank in quality.” @madonnas thought it had a “good instrumental but why are the vocals so quiet??” @Rev8 enjoyed the song and “the title lol.” Perhaps @Katamari summed it up best. “I can't tell if this a mess or a bop,” he wrote. (It’s a bop!) “It's never boring tho.”

the best song on the album already OUT at #88?? :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, McNulty said:

the best song on the album already OUT at #88?? :toofunny3:

Taste was on vacation that day

• ATRL Moderator
  • ATRL Moderator
Just now, 4Real said:

I'm here

Slay. Who would you like to see tonight?

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Slay. Who would you like to see tonight?

Hentai honestly anyone, i'm here for the vibes :matty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.