• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I’ve heard this SZA album like 5 times and I can’t recall how any of these songs go… :psyduck:

This is generally a problem with longer albums. It's just hard to really ingrain them in your mind.

• ATRL Moderator

Next up is a single!

• ATRL Moderator

Good Rosalia song, would be higher if she included it on the standard.  

Motomami re-release is kind of weak, I keep Despecha and Aislamiento. The main album is impeccable tho. Top 30 all round!

• ATRL Moderator

Z8VlgnC.png

CALLAÍTA

with Tainy

Average score: 6.52

High score: 10 (@Virgos Groove, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 3 (@jacklovesyou1, @cockatoo, @Achilles.)

Affixed to the end of Un Verano Sin Ti for no apparent reason is this loosie single released fully three years and two albums prior. Produced by Tainy – who samples one of his earliest works, Zion’s “Alócate,” at the end – “Callaíta” is about a girl who is quiet in the streets and a freak in the sheets. It reached #52 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped Latin radio in 2019, an affirmation of Bad Bunny’s ascendance following his X 100pre breakthrough.

Best bit: “Si hay sol, hay playa, si hay playa, hay alcohol/Si hay alcohol, hay sexo, si es contigo, mejor”

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Subomie said:

Motomami re-release is kind of weak, I keep Despecha and Aislamiento. The main album is impeccable tho. Top 30 all round!

I mean, we basically only got a few new real songs amid a remix, a live rendition and some half-formed tracks, so it was definitely underwhelming. But I do think "La Kilié" is a keeper. And I agree with @madonnas that it would have been higher if it was on the standard.

• ATRL Moderator

Does anyone know “Callaíta" is on UVST? It's truly bizarre.

"If there's sun there's a beach, if there's a beach there's alcohol, if there's alcohol there's sex" :rip:

Just now, supaspaz said:

Does anyone know “Callaíta" is on UVST? It's truly bizarre.

A Rachel Stevens Some Girls tea

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Not another one of my 10s

zach-campbell-rihanna-reaction-confused-

It's not your day, babe.

• ATRL Moderator

sq7nCU0.png

AISLAMIENTO

Average score: 6.55

High score: 10 (@305)

Low score: 1 (@creativity.)

Dodging paparazzi in a hoodie and sunglasses and struggling to keep up the façade of celebrity, Rosalía feels cut off from the world on this bonus track from the Motomami + rerelease, wondering whether she is truly happy anymore. With its machine-gun drum machine beat and the haunting chants of a choir, “Aislamiento” has a foreboding beauty that recalls Kate Bush. (“Cloudbusting,” anyone?)

Best bit: “Si me sale una lágrima, Dios me lo perdone/Por dar por sentado tantas bendiciones”

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

A Rachel Stevens Some Girls tea

I didn't realize "Some Girls" invented "Radar." That was a classic, that was a classic.

But this is weirder! Because there are two previous albums "Callaíta" could have ended up on and didn't.

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

sq7nCU0.png

AISLAMIENTO

Average score: 6.55

High score: 10 (@305)

Low score: 1 (@creativity.)

Dodging paparazzi in a hoodie and sunglasses and struggling to keep up the façade of celebrity, Rosalía feels cut off from the world on this bonus track from the Motomami + rerelease, wondering whether she is truly happy anymore. With its machine-gun drum machine beat and the haunting chants of a choir, “Aislamiento” has a foreboding beauty that recalls Kate Bush. (“Cloudbusting,” anyone?)

Best bit: “Si me sale una lágrima, Dios me lo perdone/Por dar por sentado tantas bendiciones”

Deserved higher :noparty:

She really does have a lovely voice! I'd never paid much attention to her before this rate

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

She really does have a lovely voice! I'd never paid much attention to her before this rate

Make sure to check out El Mal Querer if you haven't yet!

• ATRL Moderator

XB3SM1a.png

SNOW ON THE BEACH

ft. Lana Del Rey

Average score: 6.57

High score: 10 (@brokee, @State of Grace., @creativity., @Ace Reject)

Low score: 1 (@madonnas)

There is nothing Taylor loves like falling in love, that magical moment of two souls connecting, which she compares to the surreal quality of “Snow on the Beach” in this ethereal Midnights cut. Debuting at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 following the album’s release, it technically gave Lana Del Rey her biggest chart hit ever, though she is effectively relegated to a background vocalist providing harmonies. Perhaps in response to criticism of Taylor’s long history of doing this to other female artists, she subsequently included a “More Lana Del Rey” version with a whole solo LDR verse on Midnights (The Til Dawn Edition).

Best bit: Taylor almost delving into hashtag rap with her “But your eyes are flying saucers from another planet/Now I'm all for you like Janet” couplet

ATRL says…: “This song makes my skin crawl,” @madonnas moaned. @Rev8 found it “a bit underwhelming at first,” but it “grew on me,” he said. “Personally, it's always like that with Tay and Lana.”

• ATRL Moderator

Can't get over the Janet line being real

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

XB3SM1a.png

SNOW ON THE BEACH

ft. Lana Del Rey

Average score: 6.57

High score: 10 (@brokee, @State of Grace., @creativity., @Ace Reject)

Low score: 1 (@madonnas)

There is nothing Taylor loves like falling in love, that magical moment of two souls connecting, which she compares to the surreal quality of “Snow on the Beach” in this ethereal Midnights cut. Debuting at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 following the album’s release, it technically gave Lana Del Rey her biggest chart hit ever, though she is effectively relegated to a background vocalist providing harmonies. Perhaps in response to criticism of Taylor’s long history of doing this to other female artists, she subsequently included a “More Lana Del Rey” version with a whole solo LDR verse on Midnights (The Til Dawn Edition).

Best bit: Taylor almost delving into hashtag rap with her “But your eyes are flying saucers from another planet/Now I'm all for you like Janet” couplet

ATRL says…: “This song makes my skin crawl,” @madonnas moaned. @Rev8 found it “a bit underwhelming at first,” but it “grew on me,” he said. “Personally, it's always like that with Tay and Lana.”

Oh hell nah

Lavender Snooze outlasting all these Midnights classics isn't sitting right with me. Single privilege is real.

Gemma_Crying.gif?width=162&height=162Gemma_Crying.gif?width=162&height=162

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Make sure to check out El Mal Querer if you haven't yet!

I shall! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.