• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

Renaissance having as much weight as Harry’s House, Midnights and SOS combined now. The other 3rd being mainly Spanish songs.  I guess taste really came through. 

• ATRL Moderator
  • ATRL Moderator

Okay, I guess not tonight! We'll have to circle back when folks are around, because the next one is juicy...

• Like 1

Oh no I Was Here.mp3 but I'll be excited for the next update :bird:

I am here if you change your mind! Or tomorrow

I work evening/night shifts so I always miss these, but I may be getting off early tonight!! I know it’s getting good too 

• ATRL Moderator

bring it on! I finally arrive on time lol

yas queen

• ATRL Moderator

Damn, I knew I forgot something. I'm away for work and I don't have the high and low scores. I'll just have to add those in after the fact.

• ATRL Moderator

jbRL1hu.png

CUUUUUUUUUUTE

Average score: 7.42

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @dooart, @Soda Pop Queen, @CBC, @Ewan Chaos, @State of Grace., @madonnas, @Subomie, @Sanguine, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 1 (@cockatoo)

Rosalía is unleashed on this adrenaline shot from Motomami, careening from TikTok meme sample to flamenco aria to punchline about Princess Diana’s fatal car crash as she warns those who might be feeling too big for their britches to keep it “CUUUUuuuuuute.”

Best bit: “Se creen especial, como un año en Miami que nieva”

ATRL says…: “The cute intro, the song being a banger, the soliloquy singing under a spotlight moment, going back to the bop... a total classic,” @Ewan Chaos raved. @cockatoo, on the other hand, got whiplash from the constant switch ups and noisy production.” @Rev8 couldn’t believe “the intro sample meme still coming on my dashboard on IG I-”

Ready to see CUUUUuuuute out :bird:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Norte said:

Ready to see CUUUUuuuute out :bird:

Well, how about that!

• Haha 1

Wait what sample meme nn

TOOOOOoooo low but at least it made top 40 :emofish: Culmination of all the things that people who don't like Rosalia hate though (the garish parts especially, but the multiple switch-ups, short-length, I could see people hating the hook).

Whew the second she gets to MARIPOSAAASSS!!!! I just start LIVING

• ATRL Moderator

The next one is waaaaay too low

I LOVE the chaoticness of this track. I was stunned when I first heard it. Round of applause to Rosalia :clap3:

Songs it's ok, it just when she says cuuuute, it bothers me, like a mosquito fly around my ears 

• ATRL Moderator

Whew, that post looks so naked without the average score, high score, low score...

• ATRL Moderator

lqwyBya.png

WOULD'VE, COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE

Average score: 7.49

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @a_d_22, @byzantium, @4Real, @jacklovesyou1@State of Grace., @Virgos Groove, @Crashed, @Achilles.)

Low score: 1 (@MP2K)

If there’s one thing Taylor is going to do, it’s drag John Mayer to hell in a really good song, so as painful as it may have been, it’s for the best that this relationship would’ve happened. I’m not sure any other musical lothario of the aughts could’ve inspired such highlights of her discography as this blistering takedown of the proverbial cradle-robbing devil. And while the voters at least recognized it as one of the best tracks on Midnights, they should’ve ranked “Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve” about thirty spots higher on this countdown.

Best bit: “But, Lord, you made me feel important/And then you tried to erase us”? “The wound won't close/I keep on waiting for a sign/I regret you all the time”? “Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first”? There are so many lyrical punches to the gut, so take your pick.

ATRL says…: “10+ Song of the Year,” @a_d_22 surmised. @Ewan Chaos was “really surprised this wasn't on the standard... it's quite good and doesn't follow the same boring drum pattern/trap whatever all the other 19 songs have.” @madonnas acknowledged it was “not too bad, sonically different from the rest.” But @cockatoo couldn’t stop hating. “Some of those notes in the chorus were shaky oh my…” he wrote.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.