Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

I also wonder if I have a specific type of idol I stan as well, like what does my biases have in common? :

 

- Lee Know

- Jisoo

- Momo

- Chaeyoung

- Giselle

- Chaeryeong

- Onda

 

:coffee2:

Edited by Pluto2022

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

11 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I wonder if I have a specific type of idol I stan as well, like what does my biases have in common? :

 

- Lee Know

- Jisoo

- Momo

- Chaeyoung

- Giselle

- Chaeryeong

- Onda

 

:coffee2:

they were all underdogs at some point 

 

except Gizz but anyway

 

ezgif.com-resize.thumb.gif.77e5baa87753f

 

 

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I wonder if I have a specific type of idol I stan as well, like what does my biases have in common? :

 

- Lee Know

- Jisoo

- Momo

- Chaeyoung

- Giselle

- Chaeryeong

- Onda

 

:coffee2:

:heart: :heart2:  :fan2:

5 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

they were all underdogs at some point 

 

except Gizz but anyway

 

ezgif.com-resize.thumb.gif.77e5baa87753f

 

 

It seems like I also gravitate more towards dancers, but then again 3/7 of my faves are considered some of the worst dancers in the industry :skull: Or maybe I gravitate more towards the dark horse member that hasn’t shown their full potential and haven’t been at their peak yet?

They’re coming Bookmark the date your faves are finally over :clap3: (except NewJeans and maybe IVE) 

 

 


 

28 minutes ago, Flomik said:

speaking of nugu, I decided to check their recent album sales and compare who's the closest to leaving the nugudom

source: koreansales (twitter, site, youtube), twitter chart accounts, ktown4u

(relevant nugus ONLY):

 

Billlie: the Billage of perception : chapter two - 91 070 copies

tripleS: ASSEMBLE - 40 221 copies

H1-KEY: Rose Blossom - 35 543 copies

Cherry Bullet: Cherry Dash - 34 759 copies (new release, 1ST WEEK ONLY)

woo!ah!: Pit-a-Pat - 31 889 copies

Rocket Punch: FLASH - 26 574 copies

PURPLE KISS: Cabin Fever - 23 313 copies

CLASS:y: Day&Night - 23 201 copies

TRI.BE: W.A.Y - 19 873 copies

LIGHTSUM: Into The Light - 17 902 copies

SECRET NUMBER: DOOMCHITA - 12 386 copies

PIXY: Chosen Karma - 4 806 copies (new release, 1ST WEEK ONLY)

ICHILLIN': Bridge of Dreams - 202 copies

FIFTY FIFTY: 0 copies (no physical releases yet)

 

CRAXY: ? (couldn't find new info)

NATURE: ? (couldn't find new info)

 

Any surprises?

H1-key is crazy, with 90% of those sales coming a month after it was released.  Also, Limelight just sold 35k, allegedly.

 

:cm:

49 minutes ago, Adama said:

First, outdated Pirate>>>>>>> Sneakers, Cheshire :cm:. Everglow have the better A&R team 

 

Plus Everglow have good b sides. 

 

 

 

 

 

The fact that even in this lineup Mia will still get the most lines :dies:

Omg yes Everglow's music is so much better than Itzy's. :clap3:

52 minutes ago, Zack said:

KRYSTAL x Ralph Lauren

 

She's so effortless. The last outfit reminds me of a f(x) comeback so much too :jonny:

 

Image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrVpTFbaEAILbnM?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrVzJF_WYAAkcdR?format=jpg&name=large

She will always be famous :jonny6:

 

maybe one day she’ll bless us as an idol again doubt it but let me dream

6 minutes ago, M André said:

YES YES YES VIVIZ top 10 :gaycat1:

31 new girl groups last year and only 2 of them are actually checked for

 

give it up deelichis

 

judgejudylaugh.gif

I was recently reminded of the show Unpretty Rapstar. This was such a mess, especially season two :ahh: 

 

 

I remember gagging over season 3 because Nada from WA$$UP was casted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so glad Jinni left the abomination of NMIXX, there's nothing interesting left in them (besides DULLyoon & HaeWON)

264blFH.gif

-

I need my Everglow Girls to CB ASAP!! I know the leader Sihyeon went back to school to learn English so maybe they're in a transition phase to go global at this point since she's the most proficient in English {next to Onda} :cries:

52 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I Have noticed that you have a very specific and clear type in terms of which idol you’re stanning. 
You seem to always stan the “underrated main vocalist” such as Jeongyeon, Liz, Woojin, D.O etc. like I see so many parallels between Jeongyeon and Liz especially. 
All of these people you stan have also been claimed to be “visual holes” by Knetz (of course I don’t agree though)

Hmm maybe you have a point lol. But this is legit the first time I’m ever hearing of the term “visual hole” being associated with Liz, Jeongyeon and DO :rip: In fact they were often thought of being in the visual Line of their respective groups by knetz and int fans alike. Woojin you might have a point because he was bullied by the skz fans saying he’s ugly and stuff. 
 

But anyway, idk I can’t explain what makes me STAY stanning these people in concrete terms because all four of those people you mentioned have distinct charms and talents that drew me towards them, there isn’t ONE single reason that fits all. “Underrated vocalist” might be one of the many factors but that doesn’t apply to everybody lol. DO is not underrated for example. His vocal talent is widely regarded and celebrated among people. And for the record, I don’t STAN Liz as much as I stan JY or DO, it’s just that I root for her because I see a lot of vocal potential in her.
 

damn that was a long ass explanation :coffee:

33 minutes ago, katyberry said:

boyfriend material

 ezgif.com-resize.thumb.gif.77e5baa87753f

Facts :heart: 

 

92aebdef386969de768de8a0555c24540bf69a075adf35faed050916e9a4d0611b6c112347416e42

4797d0023f12391c384c42bd5b7d1a170e57390d30f9c897544d8b5e65d77228c7b644701ce8b8d030f9c897544d8b5e65d77228c7b644701ce8b8d03350a07cd3b5e485b5cc5f1f413e34c97ccd8e90

31855436a133445ed512b52ae96ef640844f32c70cbea9f4b81a92da9e7bd952b5659fd82baf6b66

1 minute ago, M André said:

Seventeen was that popular? :)

Yes sis, they have multiple albums selling over 2M and their latest album sold over 3M. Where have you been? :gaycat2:

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Yes sis, they have multiple albums selling over 2M and their latest album sold over 3M. Where have you been? :gaycat2:

We love organic success :giraffe:

15 minutes ago, katyberry said:

WAIT :jonny5: 

 

doubling the size of their discography with one release

 

all their title tracks have been 10s so far so I'm kinda perched

 

judgejudylaugh.gif

these groups with sales in the low HUNDREDS

 

did their families not even buy the music?

 

judgejudylaugh.gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.