Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, gigantopithecus said:

It was either you or the other Troye Sivan in here that said the thread was boring so I'm just doing my part after failing to start a main vocal fight

 

baboonphone2.gif

yeah not me

 

xAm2LVJ.gif

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

I had a good interview yesterday and they better f****** hire me because I may be losing my grip after being jobless the past couple months

 

Get me off this d*mn computer if I'm writing essays for a kpop boy not even in my top 10

 

baboonphone2.gif

12 hours ago, Darkling said:

OH THEY DID THIS FOR ME MY FAVES :WAP::WAP:

 

I just know the delusional Heerina shippers (me) are losing it right now. 

5 hours ago, Rhythm said:

 

crying-wailing.gif

I ******* LOVE THIS ***** WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT JAPANESE EXCELLENCE,  THEY ARE TALKONG ABOUT GISELLE AERI UCHIFUCKINGNAGA SHE IS JUST THAT *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!1!!!!

 

 

now that i've gotten that ouf my system. Giselle is pretty and I hope she is having a wonderful day.

9 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

Is this new? How many apologies is he forced to write :rip:

 

"Even when you write an apology letter in school you make sure to write clearly and neatly. It's absurd how people are saying it's ridiculous that he's being criticized for looking insincere but in reality, you write better when writing an apology even to your mom or even in your diary"

 

"It's a fact that it's written poorly though"

 

"It's not easy to get criticized for a written apology but looking at his apology..."

 

"Aside from his handwriting, if he wrote it crooked like that, he should've written it on another paper with lines. And he should've asked staff to help him write the letter. I feel like he would have earned some sympathy if he wrote the letter properly and sincerely" 

 

 

these MISERABLE ASSHOLES are really out here criticizing his handwriting now

 

baboonphone2.gif

 

 

3 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Get me off this d*mn computer if I'm writing essays for a kpop boy not even in my top 10

 

baboonphone2.gif

625692f82c2b26e378c541704b3bb9500232fe8e

4 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

I had a good interview yesterday and they better f****** hire me because I may be losing my grip after being jobless the past couple months

 

Get me off this d*mn computer if I'm writing essays for a kpop boy not even in my top 10

 

baboonphone2.gif

They will hire you for sure, you got this:heart2:

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

625692f82c2b26e378c541704b3bb9500232fe8e

Oprah, I support you and that RIIZE boy. He was done dirty and deserves the essays and god warrior gifs

 

baboonphone2.gif

1 minute ago, TheCal said:

They will hire you for sure, you got this:heart2:

Thanks and if they don't, maybe I'll email them an essay too

 

baboonphone2.gif

Just now, gigantopithecus said:

Thanks and if they don't, maybe I'll email them an essay too

 

baboonphone2.gif

625692f82c2b26e378c541704b3bb9500232fe8e

3 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oprah, I support you and that RIIZE boy. He was done dirty and deserves the essays and god warrior gifs

 

baboonphone2.gif

god-warrior-marguerite-perrin.gif

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

god-warrior-marguerite-perrin.gif

Mingyu and RIIZE boy victims of unfair hate campaigns and assumptions

 

enough-god.gif

 

Nothing better come out about either of them soon that's going to make me look like a dumb*ss

 

baboonphone2.gif

Let me leave on a positive note. Yes Wendy beautiful and emotional vocals from her sold out play

 

I hope we get a Part 2 of her beauty and arts in the theater :clap3:

 

3 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Mingyu and RIIZE boy victims of unfair hate campaigns and assumptions

 

enough-god.gif

 

Nothing better come out about either of them soon that's going to make me look like a dumb*ss

 

baboonphone2.gif

The haters are always trying to destroy pretty people's lives

 

Beautiful people bear such a heavy burden

 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, gigantopithecus said:

I'd say a lot of hate/assumptions for Mingyu lies in the fact that he is tan and has a traditionally masculine appearance which intimidates kpop fans who flock to this industry for the 5'8 "harmless" soft boys who aren't like real world men, and that many kpop fans are colorist themselves and associate innocence with pale skin

Are there any other male idols that were victims of this? Or is this just projection?

 

baboon-newspaper.gif

 

Other tall tan boys like Juyeon don't have rumors like that and tbh do the rumors about Mingyu even exist outside of ATRL/Stan Twitter?

Though I don't deny the colorism especially for female idols

1 hour ago, Adama said:

Ngl the timing of his post was very sus bc everyone in SK knew about the 2 parties official colors… But idols aren’t that brights since most of them dropped school early :coffee2:

Yeah after the Chaeyoung Nazi/QAnon shirt controversy I highly doubt Mingyuck would be so calculating and for what? Ditto.mp3 for the collage thing, I don't think it's all that deep for him as we think (for now)

 

baboon-newspaper.gif

 

---

 

Anyway one look at that Seunghan's goofy smile and you can tell he's a major himbo who just doesn't have a clue on how things run in the fame game, poor guy

59 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

 

I'll probably delete that dramatic borderline-insane rant later but just know that I'm right despite my dramatics. I see it way too often how many kpop fans have a bias against tan skin and are quicker to make assumptions and it's so obviously set in colorism. I am also booking a therapist

 

baboonphone2.gif

Everyone follows and supports tanned newlegends & golden child Minji, become the change you want to see! :heart:

 

r4_a1-OTNWbrD_9CSpFB1d_2BjciZqz6oq5wlynuC83bIopLaFnKztgdU4X-5rZC2t0bl2pmhVt_rO2cMinji.jpg11810b8b-9f8e-41db-8191-baddad0dd94e_fbb

Korea love her and hate her all at the same time, but one things for sure. No one can deny that VOICE!! :clap3:
 

 

 

Edited by Mel.

Logging on after a long day of work to take a peek at the K-pop thread to see @BTS disliking my post calling Rosé beautiful :dies:

58 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Are there any other male idols that were victims of this? Or is this just projection?

 

baboon-newspaper.gif

 

Other tall tan boys like Juyeon don't have rumors like that and tbh do the rumors about Mingyu even exist outside of ATRL/Stan Twitter?

Though I don't deny the colorism especially for female idols

Not projection, but observation and things I've heard people say themselves. Kpop fans aren't very upfront about it but the illusion of perfect people is why a lot of them are here, especially the straight/bi/pan/whoever-else-likes-men girls. Masculine traits basically just mean the more common traits in men. A lot of them associate common traits in men with real life men, so men who don't have too many masculine traits feel safer/different. Add in the rampant colorism of kpop and a lot of kpop fans will be quicker to make assumptions and associate dirtiness with an idol who is traditionally masculine and tan. It's the same reason why Timothee Chalamet has so many female fans and these fans were convinced he was innocent/soft/harmless for a long time because like all these kpop idols:

  • Skinny, check
  • Pale, check
  • Not traditionally masculine, check
  • Hairless, check
  • Short, check
  • You can even argue his CMBYN movie equates a little to ship fanservice in kpop in helping further separate him from your average straight man

 

Kpop boys are all about selling the image that they're better than other men. Men who don't fit this checklist that many kpop fans think makes an innocent and safe man, are more likely to perceived as a threat or assumed the worst of. Look at how Jungkook got backlash by a lot of his fans just by releasing some songs about consensual s*x because it broke the illusion he had as the sweet innocent kpop boy who has never touched a woman (unrealistic)

 

Most of Mingyu's hate has to be based on his appearance because nobody watches svt videos outside of the fans. People's opinions of him are entirely based off of his photoshoots, which what will be giving "bad vibes" there besides his physical appearance? It's not like you can pick up on something shady he did in a still, posed photo. A lot of people don't even know about his controversies while saying things like this, and for those who do, they're very mild controversies in comparison to a lot of male idols. Yet somehow he gets dragged and branded an incel conservative and male idols are able to move on fine from actually expressing their conservative and offensive views. If he was at least more popular, I'd understand the forced hate since people get more pressed when someone's successful but hes not even that popular. At most you'll see his modelling photos circulate in stan communities but hes able to generate more controversy with an ambiguous red heart or be accused of looking "dirty" than most idols who are way more popular

 

As for Juyeon, I'm not familiar with him. Has he ever had something be twisted into a controversy like Mingyu? If he has, fair. If he hasn't, I would like to see how quick people want jump on him for a vague post. Maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention before but it seems like Mingyu was also left alone until recently. People just seem a lot more eager to jump on him and brand him for something while letting male idols who fit the "harmless" bill get away with much worse. I'd also argue the fact that the majority of people only knowing Mingyu for and associating him with sexualized photoshoots plays a part as to why he's so easy to associate with depravity for people, but I've done enough essays and conspiracies for today

 

This isn't just targeted towards female fans btw, you can find male fans display similar behavior too. I just think more girls are into kpop because of the men feeling harmless/different and have had female friends tell me this themselves. Any ladies here, feel free to tell me I'm wrong though. And agree on how badly female idols are affected by colorism. Think about how some fans think Mimi being tan is disruptive to the groups image and that she "stands out" too much. Once again, the colorism in kpop associating being tan as something bad and in OMG's case, people aren't saying the even quieter part. They think her tan somehow ruins their innocent image because they associate tans negatively. I recall seeing multiple female idols associated with promiscuity because of their tan skin

 

baboon-newspaper.gif

Edited by gigantopithecus

4 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

New Mingyu photoshoot is out

 

27f3201e7acac45fed6f45c902b02f6850a9798b.jpg1fcf03fa1e3a3127cf700a0e4cb1c089aa40f706.jpg

33399ca07da870f2e762a71b5f20135280d4b687.jpgcffaeeaf118090c7e93da730c07a2794137eb830.pnj

 

 

If you like these photos, please consider listening to his member's solo song dropping on the 27th. I'm trying to prevent this from being nugu'd so I'm taking notes from pledis thanks

 

 

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

Jesus he just gets hotter with each passing day, how can a man be this attractive 

lorde-lorde-awkward.gif

 

THEE Album proving time and time again she was the best planned out K Pop era ever

 

ezgif-2-d4c76adbee.gif

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.