Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Stays vs Moas will never be Army vs Blinks yall better know THAT

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

56 minutes ago, Aram said:

As of now, it has been a boring start of 2023

XG and GOT both served and NewJeans gave a title with a great chorus. What does it take to make you girlies happy?

 

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

With only 5 songs kii. See when you release quality:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Can't believe this legendary comeback was 5 years ago now :omg:

 

 

What a 10/10 comeback. One of their best visually, musically, EVERYTHING. And it still sounds amazing today, a certified klassic.

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Can't believe this legendary comeback was 5 years ago now :omg:

 

 

This song would have smashed on AM USA and tik tok if it was released today :jonnycat:. 

Edited by Adama

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Can't believe this legendary comeback was 5 years ago now :omg:

 

 

sm really is the dumbest label ever for not capitalizing on the success of red velvet’s velvet releases :duca: bad boy + psycho arguably being their biggest songs but their last cbs for the past 2 years all being red concepts :deadbanana4:

THE performance of the 4th gen? Yes/yes?

 

they are such great performers, THE stage presence:jonnycat:

 

I think I’m a Hybe GG hyena:heart2:

 

10 minutes ago, Kety said:

THE performance of the 4th gen? Yes/yes?

 

they are such great performers, THE stage presence:jonnycat:

 

I think I’m a Hybe GG hyena:heart2:

 

After months of observation, yup they truly are the best performers of 4th gen. :jonny:
i didn’t wanna jump to conclusions since ITZY is great and they have had the crown for a while, but they have Lia who often drags the group down with her inconsistencies. 
and there is LESSERAFIM who literally has 5 main slayers and nobody is lacking :clap3:and it’s not only just the dancing and the energy, but they know how to work the camera and I feel immense joy while watching them perform. Truly legends in the making. 

14 minutes ago, Kety said:

THE performance of the 4th gen? Yes/yes?

 

they are such great performers, THE stage presence:jonnycat:

 

I think I’m a Hybe GG hyena:heart2:

 

Yes :clap3:

18 minutes ago, Kety said:

THE performance of the 4th gen? Yes/yes?

 

they are such great performers, THE stage presence:jonnycat:

 

I think I’m a Hybe GG hyena:heart2:

 

very close but the festival one is slightly better ONLY because it has live vocals (despite the double track)

 

 

I feel bad for Japanese fans. Imagine being a fan of a k-pop group, streaming their songs, going to their dome concerts but once their jpop acts try the opposite, to break out into the Korean market, knetz are fuming and spewing their xenophobic nonsense

I understand that the history between the two countries hasn't been perfect but damn I'd feel slapped in the face

 

I cried wtf is this. Why are they talking about bts as "that one group" like they're voldemort or sth :rip:

 

Yes taeyong you should thank that one group :rip: I mean the entire industry is benefiting from them (even if y'all would d*e before admitting it) but not bts literally feeding mouths :rip:

 

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I feel bad for Japanese fans. Imagine being a fan of a k-pop group, streaming their songs, going to their dome concerts but once their jpop acts try the opposite, to break out into the Korean market, knetz are fuming and spewing their xenophobic nonsense

I understand that the history between the two countries hasn't been perfect but damn I'd feel slapped in the face

 

Jnetz do the same, the kouhaku incident was barely last month, it goes both ways :bam:

3 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Jnetz do the same, the kouhaku incident was barely last month, it goes both ways :bam:

really? well, still, the presence of kpop in Japan seems much stronger than presence of jpop in Korea

or maybe jpop acts haven't really tried yet, idk

9 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I feel bad for Japanese fans. Imagine being a fan of a k-pop group, streaming their songs, going to their dome concerts but once their jpop acts try the opposite, to break out into the Korean market, knetz are fuming and spewing their xenophobic nonsense

I understand that the history between the two countries hasn't been perfect but damn I'd feel slapped in the face

 

Jnetz acted the same way when Kpop groups were announced to performs at their NYE shows. Cnetz are also very xenophobic too. It’s just that their forums are less accessible to intl fans :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

really? well, still, the presence of kpop in Japan seems much stronger than presence of jpop in Korea

or maybe jpop acts haven't really tried yet, idk

Bc Jpop is banned in SK television I think.  

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

really? well, still, the presence of kpop in Japan seems much stronger than presence of jpop in Korea

or maybe jpop acts haven't really tried yet, idk

During those drunk livestreams he used to do that would get him in trouble, that Avex guy all but said jpop does not have a global market, and the point of XG is to find a global market on the coattails of kpop.

 

:cm:

Just now, Adama said:

Jnetz acted the same way when Kpop groups were announced to performs at their NYE shows. Cnetz are also very xenophobic too. It’s just that their forums are less accessible to intl fans :toofunny3:

the way these three countries can't stand each other's guts :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Aram said:

As of now, it has been a boring start of 2023

we got NewJennies slayage, XG

a lot of groups are coming with full albums this year, it looks very promising to me! 

BP’s Coachella too 

 

both western and kpop scene seem so fun to me again :flower: it kinda feels like pop renaissance (thank you Beyonce) with Miley, Zara, Dua, Doja coming and all of great 4th gen kpop gg coming with full albums 

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

really? well, still, the presence of kpop in Japan seems much stronger than presence of jpop in Korea

or maybe jpop acts haven't really tried yet, idk

Yeah jpop hasn't really tried because the korean music market isn't really that relevant, especially compared to Japan's (which is why kpop groups did try to break into Japan's for so long) but now that kpop has a global niche I guess things changed lol

I doubt it'll go anywhere tho, there'll probably be more random clout chaser groups but the jpop music industry in general is still very... conservative (?) with exporting their stuff :redface:

22 minutes ago, smates said:

I cried wtf is this. Why are they talking about bts as "that one group" like they're voldemort or sth :rip:

 

Yes taeyong you should thank that one group :rip: I mean the entire industry is benefiting from them (even if y'all would d*e before admitting it) but not bts literally feeding mouths :rip:

 

it's not that deep

36 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The MV is out in 2 weeks!

 

Not in 2 weeks, bye :rip: i don't like this rollout

 

6 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

@xrosup@Pluto2022                                                                                                    Em7JbIWVoAA3WHj?format=jpg&name=small

judge-turn.gif

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

HYBE promoting their artists.. stan twitter acting like its shocking news :coffee2:

nothing new, I still get Pink Venom and Antifragile each time I play any kpop song as a two first suggested songs since like a month :deadbanana4: obviously I don’t mind that since I like them (but it’s a bit annoying), I guess Spotify algorithm just works this way 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.