Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Did 17 actually break BTS's total sales records though? Just curious to know

 

Pre-order and 1st day means nothing, total sales is what matters right? :celestial5:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

11 hours ago, Flomik said:

The video of Babymonster Ahyeon rapping the n-word is circulating on Twitter lol

It didn't take long 

 

https://twitter.com/Ace_777722/status/1663182152325005313

 

9 hours ago, Xalric said:

Even then. I'm not blaming her, but Yang Hyun Sik, who's evaluated her, is fluent in English, Teddy Park is literally American.

 

But then again Bekuh The White Girl Boom. :matty:

she’s marketed as the English speaker of the group and the fluent one so it’s kinda bad 

 

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

 

ITZY is at 3.9M physicals, 1.947B Spotify, 2.136B YouTube and ~2.5B Circle points. Yes their career has stalled, but they’re still on top until literally tomorrow when IVE ships their WAVE EP. It’s crazy to see how quick you girls are to turn your backs on them just because newer groups came out.

 

I don’t think it’s about turning back, that user asked what is the ranking right now and Itzy’s popularity is on a huge downfall both in Korea and internationally since a year or so, it’s crazy to put them at #1 based on their totals when they had much more time to achive those and even then they aren’t on top for all of the metrics anymore

 

I hope JYP will get his s*** together and they will rebound properly 

Melon Daily:

 

#12. G-IDLE - Allergy (+1) *new peak

#23. aespa - Thirsty (+2) *new peak

#26. Le Sserafim - Eve, Psyche & The Bluebeard Wife (+8) *new peak

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

https://twitter.com/ChartsKRbot/status/1663425228561694722

 

Girlgroups dominating the top 10 :jonny: 

the way NewJeans are holding up is crazy :deadbanana4: I wonder if they will get second (or third? lol) wind after the upcoming comeback 

 

but it’s so good to see all of the ggs smashing this hard! Allergy and Thirsty getting to the top 10 next please! 

13 minutes ago, Sept said:

Did 17 actually break BTS's total sales records though? Just curious to know

 

Pre-order and 1st day means nothing, total sales is what matters right? :celestial5:

Yeah 17 outsold them.  😭

https://twitter.com/koreansales_twt/status/1663455520106094592?s=46&t=sTdJZMenLQSZNz-HvhnLqw

 

but Army will definitely take it back when BTS return 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

16 minutes ago, Flomik said:

BOYNEXTDOOR debut

 

 

Song was cute, but they're not even gonna try to escape being called the dollar iKon (with a dash of Block B) atp :deadbanana4:

 

Hybe will gonna heavily push them tho.

I don’t feel BND - all of their songs being about having a girl when in reality they won’t be allowed to ever date or even mention such possibility in any interview :rip: I will never understand this part of kpop 

 

also, their songs feel more like a solo material than group tracks, I’m curious how Koreans will find them 

46 minutes ago, Flomik said:

BOYNEXTDOOR debut

 

 

the B.I looking dude sounded like Bobby wth

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Truly the biggest k-pop in japan. Misamo’s debut will be a collapse.  

 

Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone needs an It girl. 
+ it was before Tomboy let’s be real they will chart better since they’re much more bigger right now 

Miyeon’s solo was not before tomboy 

53 minutes ago, Flomik said:

BOYNEXTDOOR debut

 

 

Their voices are legitimately terrible. 6 members and not a single vocalist

Not 5-Star pre-order being 4.93M and there's still 3 days left so I have faith it will pass 5M for the final preorder numbers :jonny5:

 

The way everyone including Stays didn't expect them to clear almost 5m preorder sales :jonny5:

 

Hopefully their US debut sales are big enough to dethroned Morgan at least for a week on BB200 cause I know the atrl girlies are mad about Morgan doing well.

 

As for the title track, I'll reserve my judgement and wait for the full track on June 2 cause the snippet can be any part of the song. One thing however I can't stop listening cause the part was somehow catchy.

Itzy 
sales: 3.9m, digitals: 2.53b, spotify: 1.9b

 

aespa 

sales: 4.43m, digitals: 2.88b, spotify: 1b

 

IVE 

sales: 4.75m digitals: 2.76b, spotify: 1b

 

GIdle

sales: 2.6m digitals: 3.3b, spotify: 2b (they have KDA’s songs credited?) 

 

NewJeans

sales: 2.7m digitals: 2.53b, spotify: 1.5b

 

LSRFM

sales: 3.16m digitals: 1.13b, spotify: 900m

 

I didn’t include YouTube since I struggled to find credible stats for each group but according to the YT charts in the past year (~May 2022 - May 2023) 

itzy: 1.07b

aespa: 1.04b

ive: 1.49b

gidle: 1.32b

newjeans: 1.76b

lsrfm: 1.17b

 

I don’t see how itzy can be placed at #1 on any chart, even based on the totals - JYP needs to get them back on track

Edited by Hazy

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

BOYNEXTDOOR debut

 

 

I thought they were gonna be something different since (apparently?) none of them are literal children and they are Zico's group but girl they sound terrible. If you're gonna make a group with no vocalists at least make sure they sound pretty.

(G)I-DLE's "Queencard" reaches a new peak of #101 on the global Spotify chart with 1.407 million streams.

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

BOYNEXTDOOR debut

 

 

I'm not sure how i feel about this yet, but it is different compared to Gen 4 bgs, they are like a baby Ikon.

7 minutes ago, Chemist said:

That BOYSNEXTDOOR member looks EXACTLY like Johnny wtf? :rip:

That Boynextdoor member sweetie, I am so sorry......

Hating on BOYNEXTDOOR's music? That's what happens if you are used to listening to loud noise of 4th Gen Boy groups. :giraffe:

 

Also, their maknae is so cute. Hybe better pay music bank so he could be partner with Eunchae. :chick1:

 

 

 

skz proving that bulkbuying and album sales in kpop mean nothing :rip: at least svt have a few hits to their name

28 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

4.93 MILLION???

And there's still 3 days left before the release day so this reveal hopefully motivates Stays to preorder extra 70k to make it 5m.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.