Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Adama said:

 

The problem is that the ranking totally change depending which metrics we choose. Physical Sales? Digitals points? Spotify streams? YouTube views? Star power? Instagram? 

Everything combined 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Hypnosis and Blue Blood are so good :jonny6: IVE are immune from Bad music 

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Everything combined 

Well boy groups and girl groups compete on completely different lanes so it’s very hard to compare them. Like bgs just generally do well in sales, touring and voting, ggs have their advantages in kcharts/streaming/individual popularity and stuff:cm: It’s very difficult to say which metrics are more important

Ive's new album is pretty good as yet, Kitsch is still my favorite. Something about that chorus just does it for me. 

 

We need her to start getting the same success as the other IZ*ONE girls  :bird:

15 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

4th gen competition is so intense! How would y’all rank the top 10 most popular and successful 4th gen groups in general? Both girl groups and boy groups included

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

 

2 hours ago, Burqa said:

Giddy is a shameless FEARLESS rip off omg :rip: 

Wait I see it :rip: :rip: Mnet will NEVER have another IZ*ONE 

5 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

 

The groups mentioned are correct except for StayC, since NMIXX, TREASURE and ATEEZ are bigger than them. However the order you made is a little bit controversial  :cupid:

TREASURE’s Japanese single “Here I Stand”  certified platinum in only 5 days :clap3:

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Hay Amores said:


 

It’s so rare to see album sales decline except for nugu group like Purple Kiss last comeback. :skull:

Tragic. So many fans decide to stop bulk buying. And even the photocard collectors too were turned off by the popularity different between the members. People only looking to buy and trade photocard for these 3 only; Xiaoting, Bahiyyih & Chaehyun. I chose not to buy their album too this time. I have so many Hikaru, Yeseo, Dayeon, Youngeun, Mashiro photocards to trade for Bahiyyih & Xiaoting but no one want these members :rip: 

 

Zero fun at all unlike collecting for Lesserafim. Every members are in demand. I’m so surprised Eunchae is so popular. I thought no one will want to trade or buy her photocards. I was so wrong. Main Kpop Toddler :clap3:

2 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Tragic. So many fans decide to stop bulk buying. And even the photocard collectors too were turned off by the popularity different between the members. People only looking to buy and trade photocard for these 3 only; Xiaoting, Bahiyyih & Chaehyun. I chose not to buy their album too this time. I have so many Hikaru, Yeseo, Dayeon, Youngeun, Mashiro photocards to trade for Bahiyyih & Xiaoting but no one want these members :rip: 

 

Zero fun at all unlike collecting for Lesserafim. Every members are in demand. I’m so surprised Eunchae is so popular. I thought no one will want to trade or buy her photocards. I was so wrong. Main Kpop Toddler :clap3:

Wait isn't Hikaru and Dayola also popular? 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

since NMIXX, TREASURE and ATEEZ are bigger than them.

sis bye. Stayc might not have huge physical sales like those groups but they performed billion miles better digitally than those flops. Overall, still better than the other 3. 

10 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

 

I don’t really follow any of these groups, but I don’t think Aespa is top 2 anymore. I feel like they’ve been bumped down to at least top 4 just basing off this list. I think NJ and LSFM are above them now if we’re talking domestically and I would put SKZ above them internationally so I would say Aespa are at #5 right now going by your list

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The groups mentioned are correct except for StayC, since NMIXX, TREASURE and ATEEZ are bigger than them. However the order you made is a little bit controversial  :cupid:

Domestically STAYC is above them, but internationally TREASURE & ATEEZ are definitely above them, not sure about NMIXX tho

1 minute ago, fais_2311 said:

sis bye. Stayc might not have huge physical sales like those groups but they performed billion miles better digitally than those flops. Overall, still better than the other 3. 

STAYC only has digitals over them while they have album sales + touring + streams over STAYC, soooo? 

But I will say tho lol

 

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

 

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

Edited by Mel.

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Wait isn't Hikaru and Dayola also popular? 

Not really. I’m struggling to trade their photocards sis. I have lot of them. I even sell the photocards for very cheap price and can ship globally but no one want them :deadbanana4: I used to think Hikaru was really popular too but I guess for the photocard collectors, visual is the main factor for them to collect a member

Why is BP the only gg that outsell GIRLS after a year?

they are definitely in top 3 gen4 group

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Everything combined 

It’s hard, all I know it’s that these groups are the top 4th groups:

 

Stray kids, IVE , Newjeans , Aespa, Txt , LSRFM, G idle, Enhypen,Itzy, Stayc, Nmixx,Treasure . 
 

Some people will rank them based on their physicals sales : Stray kids and Aespa, based on their spotify streams New Jeans and Stray kids 

based on their digitals points: IVE and New jeans,

based on YouTube views: Stray kids and Itzy based on China:  Aespa and G idle,

base on Japan: Stray kids,Txt  

based on touring: Stray kids and Treasure

 

Some will based their ranking on groups overall talents: NMIXX :cm:

 

 

21 minutes ago, DelRey said:

1. IVE

2. Aespa

3. Stray Kids

4. New Jeans

5. LesSerafim

6. TxT

7. G Idle

8. Enhypen

9. Itzy

10. StayC

 

AESPA sneak at #2. They are #4 at best

53 minutes ago, Fadedlights said:

Once again their company showing how much they hate Bahiyyih :deadbanana2:

 

On a side note I finished listened to IVE's album and solidly feel 6/11 of them which is pretty good in my book as I usually don't vibe with a lot of kpop bsides. But man I can't imagine them singing these songs live. Backtrack and pre recorded vocals will be saving them. It just sucks how they can have good music, but probably can't do these songs justice live. :katie:

They can just send Liz to sing entirety of the songs like this :gaycat2: Problem solved!

 

 

ggIg9ip.gif

9 minutes ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

 

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

 

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

they have like 60 versions of photocards and will do fansign events for 3 or 4 months to digest these sales:cm:

16 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Tragic. So many fans decide to stop bulk buying. And even the photocard collectors too were turned off by the popularity different between the members. People only looking to buy and trade photocard for these 3 only; Xiaoting, Bahiyyih & Chaehyun. I chose not to buy their album too this time. I have so many Hikaru, Yeseo, Dayeon, Youngeun, Mashiro photocards to trade for Bahiyyih & Xiaoting but no one want these members :rip: 

 

Zero fun at all unlike collecting for Lesserafim. Every members are in demand. I’m so surprised Eunchae is so popular. I thought no one will want to trade or buy her photocards. I was so wrong. Main Kpop Toddler :clap3:

Mnet should have rig the line up ! Too many fillers members (starting with Yujin :coffee2:) 

 

11 minutes ago, Mel. said:

But I will say tho lol

 

i just saw that NMIXX has crossed 800k with their recent release and I’m sorry, but something is just so fishy about their sales and has been from the beginning. When I tell you I don’t see ANYONE talking about them outside of this thread. Where are all those sales coming from?

 

and y’all told me they would decline losing Jinni, it seems like the opposite has happened lol

From their debut to their latest album sales, it is definitely all fraud.

No way their trashy songs can attract any fanbase to buy their albums :deadbanana:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.