Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Is Madonna artistically dead now?

Featured Replies

No groundbreaking music since 2003.

No pure vocals.

Bandwagonning on anything that can give her a bit of exposure (TikTok remixes, Drag Queen culture)

Picking already made remixes.

Recording vocals in her bathroom (Champagne Rosé, Levitating...)

 

Discuss...

 

  • Replies 178
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A woman that releases music videos like this in her 60's is in no way creatively dead, no matter how much you try it.  The Madame X tour was also quite creative. 

Madame X was perhaps the most ambitious and experimental album of her career so not at all

 

No one had ever taken the obscure Portuguese genre of fado music and given it the global pop treatment. "Batuka" sounds like literally nothing else. "Dark Ballet" is completely bizarre and avant garde even if it's super messy. "God Control" is a sprawling, multi-part epic that breaks new creative ground for her and is inventive and exciting.

 

It's not a perfect album by any means but she was clearly inspired and trying new things. "I Don't Search I Find" is also a jewel and maybe her best song since "Hung Up".

I admittedly am not a fan of some of her social media antics and the endless remixes, but Madame X was a return to form for her after the disappointments that were MDNA and Rebel Heart, so no. She still got it and I'm sure her next main album will be great as well

her career died in 2009 so yes, but at least she mainted her artistry thru her 40's which nobody else has done yet

  • Author
1 minute ago, Protocol said:

Madame X was perhaps the most ambitious and experimental album of her career so not at all

:deadbanana4: Ok there's maybe 2-3 songs that are experimental ... But the all project remains a "let's-try-to-get-latin-audience-and-also-my-old-fans-that-will-read-Mirwais-name-and-thinks-it's-good".

 

A woman that releases music videos like this in her 60's is in no way creatively dead, no matter how much you try it. 

The Madame X tour was also quite creative. 

Edited by tiagol88

13 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Madame X was perhaps the most ambitious and experimental album of her career so not at all

 

No one had ever taken the obscure Portuguese genre of fado music and given it the global pop treatment. "Batuka" sounds like literally nothing else. "Dark Ballet" is completely bizarre and avant garde even if it's super messy. "God Control" is a sprawling, multi-part epic that breaks new creative ground for her and is inventive and exciting.

 

It's not a perfect album by any means but she was clearly inspired and trying new things. "I Don't Search I Find" is also a jewel and maybe her best song since "Hung Up".

This. Madame X is a really interesting album, y'all are just basic :giraffe:

16 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Madame X was perhaps the most ambitious and experimental album of her career so not at all

 

No one had ever taken the obscure Portuguese genre of fado music and given it the global pop treatment. "Batuka" sounds like literally nothing else. "Dark Ballet" is completely bizarre and avant garde even if it's super messy. "God Control" is a sprawling, multi-part epic that breaks new creative ground for her and is inventive and exciting.

 

It's not a perfect album by any means but she was clearly inspired and trying new things. "I Don't Search I Find" is also a jewel and maybe her best song since "Hung Up".

Neither has Madonna

14 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

:deadbanana4: Ok there's maybe 2-3 songs that are experimental ... But the all project remains a "let's-try-to-get-latin-audience-and-also-my-old-fans-that-will-read-Mirwais-name-and-thinks-it's-good".

"latin audience"...it's like 3 songs out of 15 lmao. the album is hardly latin music.

1 minute ago, OhRly? said:

Neither has Madonna

You're right, it's technically batuque music, which is even more obscure than fado

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

You're right, it's technically batuque music, which is even more obscure than fado

A shame, because fado is beautiful

 

Anyways, her last great project was Confessions, but she still serves the ocasional gem

Since Confessions/Hard Candy, Madonna has stopped being the centre of the creative process of her albums. That’s went she died artistically and the quality of her work plummeted. She basically started shopping around for demos from established produced at that point. Previously, Madonna almost always worked with more obscure producers from the ground up. 
 

Also, anyone who thinks Madame X was good needs a brain scan. It’s horrific. I’d take MDNA over Madame X any day. The horrific vocals and fake woke lyrics make it one of the worst albums I’ve ever heard: 

 

Quote

I will be gay, if the gay are burned
I'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down

…

I'll be Islam, if Islam is hated
I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated

It’s literally I’m 13 and this is deep stuff :deadbanana4:

  • Author
6 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

"latin audience"...it's like 3 songs out of 15 lmao. the album is hardly latin music.

And the 3 of them feature the most important artist of the markets.

 

And both are really talentless.

 

 

Girl since like 2008 :rip: she has one or two good songs here and there but overall yeah, completely lost and done. 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

literally I’m 13 and this is deep stuff :deadbanana4:

But her fans thinks it's deep and meaningful :gaycat6:

 

I guess she could call her next album "I'm Woke" and they would still think it's daring...

1 minute ago, Bencharmer said:

And the 3 of them feature the most important artist of the markets.

 

And both are really talentless.

 

 

Maluma is the most important male latin artist? :deadbanana4:

He never got a huge crossover hit lmao. 

 

Like...she chose him for the first single but he never had a hit on her main markets. 

Since Confessions* the album & tour, not 2003. She's had some cute bops after that though but yeah...

 

7 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Since Confessions/Hard Candy, Madonna has stopped being the centre of the creative process of her albums. That’s went she died artistically and the quality of her work plummeted. She basically started shopping around for demos from established produced at that point. Previously, Madonna almost always worked with more obscure producers from the ground up. 
 

Also, anyone who thinks Madame X was good needs a brain scan. It’s horrific. I’d take MDNA over Madame X any day. The horrific vocals and fake woke lyrics make it one of the worst albums I’ve ever heard: 

 

It’s literally I’m 13 and this is deep stuff :deadbanana4:

Those Killers Who Are Partying lyrics are so embarrassing, I still cant believe she did that :deadbanana4: The EYEROLLING was real

Edited by State of Grace.

  • Author
7 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Maluma is the most important male latin artist? :deadbanana4:

He never got a huge crossover hit lmao. 

 

Like...she chose him for the first single but he never had a hit on her main markets. 

That's the point .................... 

Well. Bjork is definitely putting her ass to work with Atopos. Hopefully she’ll up the ante next time.

44 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

at least she mainted her artistry thru her 40's which nobody else has done yet

Björk sweetie

18 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Since Confessions* the album & tour, not 2003. She's had some cute bops after that though but yeah...

 

Those Killers Who Are Partying lyrics are so embarrassing, I still cant believe she did that :deadbanana4: The EYEROLLING was real

I'm sorry, but what is so bad about those lyrics? I always wondered. They're not good, but I never thought they were bad.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.