Ads on ATRL?!

PieceByPiece_KC

I'm only starting to notice them today... are they actually new or was I oblivious? 

Who is getting that coin?

At least I'm getting a lot of Kelly Clarkson Wayfair ads :cm:

What ads are you getting?

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

I-

I rather deal with ads than the 503 error.

But if we’re gonna have both this website is going to become impossible to surf.

• ATRL Administrator
7 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

I'm only starting to notice them today... are they actually new or was I oblivious? 

Who is getting that coin?

At least I'm getting a lot of Kelly Clarkson Wayfair ads :cm:

What ads are you getting?

They’re new. We’ve been working on getting them for months so we can fund stuff around here. 

Disabled my AdBlock and there's a big space at the top of the page where an ad would go but nothing's there :matty: But yeah staff said they were gonna try and get ads on the site, which is the reason why censored words came back.

• ATRL Administrator

Once they’re fully implemented ATRL+ members won’t see them. And members will only see them a bit. They’re mainly for the guests. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

Once they’re fully implemented ATRL+ members won’t see them. And members will only see them a bit. They’re mainly for the guests. 

Can you tell which user uses adblock?

One these ads are annoying lol

Getting ads for games which is weird because I haven't played games since I was a child. :dies:

Got my first ad after opening this :deadbanana2:

i just refreshed atrl and got a fullscreen ad :jonnycat:

but if spamming our guests will help us fund a solution for the error messages then i'm all for it.

21 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

Are there plans to bring ATRL+ back? I think some users (myself included) have expressed interest in it as an additional way to support the forum.

28 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

They’re new. We’ve been working on getting them for months so we can fund stuff around here. 

Genuinely curious: can't we do a GoFund me or whatever to collect funds for the site? 

yeah i just got a fullscreen ad for press on nails from watsons :dies:

• ATRL Administrator
51 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Can you tell which user uses adblock?

Yes. And I would rather not code a way around it so I’m not bother Anyone about it. 

• ATRL Administrator
32 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Are there plans to bring ATRL+ back? I think some users (myself included) have expressed interest in it as an additional way to support the forum.

Yes. But it has to be worth something — features, access, merchandise — something to get your value. 

• ATRL Administrator
28 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Genuinely curious: can't we do a GoFund me or whatever to collect funds for the site? 

Y’all have already donated so much money in the past via ATRL +. I’d rather not go to y’all again. 

i was about to find somewhere to yap about this. i vaguely remembering the mods mentioning it too 

was about to run to HQ  :bibliahh: