• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• More Than A Melody

• Protocol

• Communion

39 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

he has a point, except that he’s being marketed, selling music and merch, making money and profiting by being “queer” or whatever 

which is why i’m not sure that argument applies here 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

Except he literally said nothing he does is to hint at his sexuality. He said those words. He does things because he likes them and not because he’s straight gay or bi. So, at some point, you gotta realize that… that’s it. It doesn’t mean anything about his personal life, just what he likes. Steven Tyler dressed flamboyantly as well and as far as we know he’s straight, same with Prince, Elvis.

It’s bizarre that it’s taking so many years for some of you people to get it. But at this point, you probably never will, and it’s not gonna hurt him, so you can continue to yell while he thrives.

Let him do what he wants. I think it’s nice to see someone who may be straight embrace more feminine traits, and still be deemed sexually attractive and desired. The less toxic masculinity we see in public figures, the better imo

Funny how most of the users here are saying to leave his sexuality alone but will be the first to call Shawn Mendez the ***. **** outta here Harry is a straight white man who has never claimed to be gay or bi but uses queer aesthetics for his image and to help push his trash music. The excuses made for this guy :toofunny3:

well yeah he doesn’t owe an explanation at all but the way he’s marketed by the media as this forward thinking, non-conforming “queer” identifying person all because he’s doing sissy cosplay to be edgy is…interesting

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

If you’re making your sexuality your entire brand, you can’t be ambiguous about it. That’s my final take on this. 

"Now let's not put a label on it, let's keep it fun!" - Tove Lo

Harry is right, he doesn't need to be pandering out with twinks in public to the paparazzi to prove he's not straight, it's weird and lowkey predatory to analize stranger's private sex life.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

20 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

He's the one who keeps making it public, and using it for publicity and an avant-garde image. His SNL appearance was full of gay innuendo. In post a Lil Nas X world, I can see why it's offensive to people. Nas is out there being harassed by ant-gay rappers, while Harry is getting all of this positive press and no negatives from barriers other people are breaking.  If he really wanted to be discreet he could go the Frank Ocean route, but he wants to pander to Larries and have a taboo persona to make money, 

How are you gonna claim he faces no backlash when the literal son of the president was calling him out o twitter? He had Candace Owens and every right wing pundit coming at him. Greg Kelly just did a whole segment about him on Newsmax. Lil Nas will face more backlash because he’s brash about it (as he should) and black, but that doesn’t mean Harry gets no flack. You’ve got to be blind to believe that.

Why would he pander to Larries who represent at most 5% of his audience? If Larries were so powerful Louis Tomlinson wouldn’t have 4 million monthly listeners - Harry has 59…

He’s also not making anything public. He’s just dressing how he wants and you guys are claiming it means something deeper when he literally said it doesn’t. That he just likes those clothes. That’s a YOU problem that you need to solve. If you think he’s baiting you, don’t consume his music. It’s that simple.

The whole interview talks about how he has had no privacy since he was 16 years old. That all his baby pictures are online, that he was asked how many people he slept with when he was a teenager and he felt like he had to please everyone. Of course he doesn’t want to go into detail about his personal life, which includes his sexuality. There’s a huge lack of empathy towards celebs in this regard. So many people feel entitled to information that doesn’t belong to them.

All you have to do is not consume his music, babe. It goes for everyone. Just click “don’t play this artist” on Spotify and move on.

6 minutes ago, Raver said:

Funny how most of the users here are saying to leave his sexuality alone but will be the first to call Shawn Mendez the ***. **** outta here Harry is a straight white man who has never claimed to be gay or bi but uses queer aesthetics for his image and to help push his trash music. The excuses made for this guy :toofunny3:

What’s “queer aesthetic”? Define it quick without stereotyping. 

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

Where has he articulated that he has experienced sexual attraction to men?

Where has he articulated that he hasn’t? That’s the whole point. The bi and fluidity erasure is real. You can date whomever you want and still have attraction to the same sex, trans and non-binary people. Is he supposed to taste the rainbow publicly for your satisfaction? You can’t prove one way or another that he hasn’t. But y’all seem to have so much proof on Shawn Mendes, who repeatedly said he’s not gay (if he ever said he’d prefer no labels, while still exclusively dating women, he’d still be “gay-gay-gay” because of physical mannerisms).

And you must’ve missed this quote: 

"I've been really open with it with my friends, but that's my personal experience; it's mine." - Harry talking about his sexuality to Better Homes & Garden

Just because he’s not telling you his business, and dates women, doesn’t mean he hasn’t had experiences with men. If you’re looking for explicit details, good luck with that.

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

19 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Because he's commercializing it. That's the entire concept of rainbow-washing that gets brought up every Pride Month, just transferred onto a pop star.

He's obviously not being malicious, but he fully is aware of the reaction he is getting. His "transformation" is not an accident :toofunny2:

It would be less offensive if the entertainment industry didn’t marginalize gay stars and actors. Lil Nas X aside there are zero successful mainstream openly gay male artists. It’s still very much taboo and they will not promote you as hard. And in the film industry, which Harry is trying to break into, it’s even worse. His Eternals co-star is in a glass closet because he knows the top roles are off limits if he comes out. So for Harry to participate in that industry and literally the same movie, profit massively off of it, knowing full well how homophobic it is, and then want to say that we should be getting rid of labels is rather gross. Homophobic, even.

24 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

He'd have a point if he wasn't profitting from queerbaiting. The moment he made queerbaiting such a prominent thing in his career, he lost the right to privacy. Now it all comes off as really disingenuous and opportunistic.

43 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

he has a point, except that he’s being marketed, selling music and merch, making money and profiting by being “queer” or whatever 

which is why i’m not sure that argument applies here 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

This.

If he wants to make it private, then why marketing himself as a queer? The problem is not Harry not sharing his sexuality, it's queerbaiting.

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It would be less offensive if the entertainment industry didn’t marginalize gay stars and actors. Lil Nas X aside there are zero successful mainstream openly gay male artists. It’s still very much taboo and they will not promote you as hard. And in the film industry, which Harry is trying to break into, it’s even worse. His Eternals co-star is in a glass closet because he knows the top roles are off limits if he comes out. So for Harry to participate in that industry and literally the same movie, profit massively off of it, knowing full well how homophobic it is, and then want to say that we should be getting rid of labels is rather gross. Homophobic, even.

:clap3:

11 minutes ago, Raver said:

When you are not a poet whatsoever and your lyrics about feeling sad and having sex with models are all vague boilerplate, but your whole entire image hinges on being this resurrection of a classic rocker artiste auteur, I suppose you have to create the perception of depth and subtext in whatever way you can.

He is completely right. He doesn’t need to label himself and he is allowed to dress however he wants. If you want details about his personal life simply just listen to his music. Even if Harry styles is bisexual he is allowed to date women. None of y’all know what his experience with men are and you will never know that private information. 

46 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Did he cut a hole in his sock to show us he painted his nails :skull:

he is so embarrassing

OT: Maybe if he weren't profiting off his "queerness" he'd have a point

Oh wow he's so ~mysterious and fluid isn't he.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

50 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Did he cut a hole in his sock to show us he painted his nails :skull:

Idk look at Charlie Puths posts he's been painting his nails too I think its just becoming common now, Shawn too I've seen photos of him with nails painted

1 minute ago, Marla Singer said:

Oh wow he's so ~mysterious and fluid isn't he.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

i do like him, his music even more, and do see what he's trying to say but some people here being so easily impressed. i can't.

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

What exactly is "queer" about Harry Styles? I struggle to understand what it is. My problem with him is that he has zero originality in his music, but he never struck me as "queer". Openly supportive of all sexual identities? Presenting himself in non-stereotypical fashion? Sure. But in what world is that "queerness"?

Harry can dress however he wants to… 

Harry can date whoever he wants to…

Harry’s sex life is his business.

… end of story? This isn’t something that needs a dissertation.

hes right but hes also making a lot of money from it so i dont know how to feel 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.