The Apple Thread: iPhone 15 Available Now!

Sergi91

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

iOS 16 looks so clean. :jonny2:

Also not them lowkey hinting the car. There’s no reason to improve CarPlay that much if they aren’t working on an EV. I highly doubt manufactures will have that many screens in their cars.

https://twitter.com/theapplehub/status/1533866484916621317?s=21&t=3JHP_D_3DPLU48sK0utqIg

it's still far away from happening, Apple Car, unless they find a manufacturing partner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

One of the best announcements of the event:

MNWM3?wid=1144&hei=1144&fmt=jpeg&qlt=90&.v=1652736144126

The fact it's priced the same as two separate chargers though..... :gaycat6:

Edited by Hephaestus

MacBook Air Midnight looks sickening. I would buy a 15 inch version in a heartbeat. Where it at? :gaycat6: Also, I’m never getting those AirPods Pro 2, am I? :gaycat6:

theres lowkey no point in getting a 13" inch macbook pro

15 minutes ago, Caesar said:

theres lowkey no point in getting a 13" inch macbook pro

they really should have phased that out :rip: 

it's so out of place.

• ATRL Moderator

The M2 MacBook Air is a great product. I’m not sure why the 13” MacBook Pro still exists though. Like, I genuinely don’t understand the point of it. 

New CarPlay stuff looked cool. Guessing that’s not coming for a while though

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Starshine said:

The way they’re doubling down on this. :rip:

No one likes Metal. :deadbanana: 

Metal has some nice applications for ML with more deep learning frameworks supporting GPU training on Apple Silicon. But yeah, gaming on Mac is not going to get bigger than it is already. Metal is actually nice it’s just that game devs have no incentive to develop for such a relatively small ecosystem. 

9 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

One of the best announcements of the event:

MNWM3?wid=1144&hei=1144&fmt=jpeg&qlt=90&.v=1652736144126

The fact it's priced the same as two separate chargers though..... :gaycat6:

there are other 3rd party manufacturers that are branded and reliable quality that can offer half the price lol, comes with a black color too

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

The M2 MacBook Air is a great product. I’m not sure why the 13” MacBook Pro still exists though. Like, I genuinely don’t understand the point of it. 

yeah but it still has the touchbar for those that needs it? idk, might be a niche very few but if they need it at least they have a choice

the pro has fans so it should still perform better and it has 4 thunderbolt usb and other advantages by a pro. 

the M2 Macbook Air is on it's introductory price the same way 2018 Macbook Air was at 1199 then it became 1099 then to the price it is now 999.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

yeah but it still has the touchbar for those that needs it? idk, might be a niche very few but if they need it at least they have a choice

the pro has fans so it should still perform better and it has 4 thunderbolt usb and other advantages by a pro. 

the M2 Macbook Air is on it's introductory price the same way 2018 Macbook Air was at 1199 then it became 1099 then to the price it is now 999.

The Touch Bar isn’t supported by any other product. So developers have basically no incentive to incorporate good use cases of it into their software. So even Touch Bar fans are going to see less benefit over time. 

As for ports, the M2 MacBook Pro only has 2 thunderbolt/usb-c ports. Same as the M2 MacBook Air. The M2 MacBook Air is actually better because it has MagSafe so you can charge with MagSafe and use 2 thunderbolt ports for peripherals. :rip: 

As for the fans, the M1 models didn’t really show much (if any) of a performance gap. The M series is so power efficient, it’s very rare for fans to kick on unless you’re doing high intensive video rendering or some other specialized use case (for which you should probably go for the M1 Pro/Max/Ultra chipsets instead).

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The Touch Bar isn’t supported by any other product. So developers have basically no incentive to incorporate good use cases of it into their software. So even Touch Bar fans are going to see less benefit over time. 

As for ports, the M2 MacBook Pro only has 2 thunderbolt/usb-c ports. Same as the M2 MacBook Air. The M2 MacBook Air is actually better because it has MagSafe so you can charge with MagSafe and use 2 thunderbolt ports for peripherals. :rip: 

As for the fans, the M1 models didn’t really show much (if any) of a performance gap. The M series is so power efficient, it’s very rare for fans to kick on unless you’re doing high intensive video rendering or some other specialized use case (for which you should probably go for the M1 Pro/Max/Ultra chipsets instead).

there are people that still prefer it due to legacy features as simple as emoji to the skipping in video editing

oh yeah same two usb ports

they might just selling out the macbook pro shells that were still in stock, Apple really has that product purely for cash grab :biblio:

that's for the not so techie customers who will think they are getting a better deal of just 100USD more and they get a pro :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, supertiffany said:

there are people that still prefer it due to legacy features as simple as emoji to the skipping in video editing

oh yeah same two usb ports

they might just selling out the macbook pro shells that were still in stock, Apple really has that product purely for cash grab :biblio:

that's for the not so techie customers who will think they are getting a better deal of just 100USD more and they get a pro :biblio:

That’s true. But I’m mostly just curious if like future versions of software will even have code to support that? That’s kinda what I’m curious about. I’m not a Touch Bar fan but Apple didn’t even try to make it successful. It being on one device kinda doomed it. Developers had no reason to innovate with it. So its fans were done dirty. 

Yeahhhhh, that’s the only explanation at this point. :rip: The Air’s design is much better: with a slightly larger screen, better speakers, thinner design, more ports lol, better front-facing camera, etc. and it’s cheaper. :deadbanana4: 

Just now, Bloo said:

That’s true. But I’m mostly just curious if like future versions of software will even have code to support that? That’s kinda what I’m curious about. I’m not a Touch Bar fan but Apple didn’t even try to make it successful. It being on one device kinda doomed it. Developers had no reason to innovate with it. So its fans were done dirty. 

Yeahhhhh, that’s the only explanation at this point. :rip: The Air’s design is much better: with a slightly larger screen, better speakers, thinner design, more ports lol, better front-facing camera, etc. and it’s cheaper. :deadbanana4: 

idk about developers, but i think simple features will still be left there?

funny it may sound but there are cult touch bar followers there lol, the emoji thingy is petty but it's quite convenient, the skipping in video or sound editing is useful.

the Air is really nice, the price it has now you can still buy a 512gb M1, because 256gb is aint cutting it lol, so better wait for it to be at 999USD.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

idk about developers, but i think simple features will still be left there?

funny it may sound but there are cult touch bar followers there lol, the emoji thingy is petty but it's quite convenient, the skipping in video or sound editing is useful.

the Air is really nice, the price it has now you can still buy a 512gb M1, because 256gb is aint cutting it lol, so better wait for it to be at 999USD.

The emoji thing will go untouched probably. But I was thinking of some of the more advanced use cases like scrobbling through video files in Final Cut. I can see those niceties being discontinued in time because people don’t care to maitain that code for just one device.

4 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

im thinking of which one to buy

is it airpods or apple watch

?

AirPods.

Tbh I didn’t really have any use for the Watch so I returned it. :rip: 

Just now, Starshine said:

AirPods.

Tbh I didn’t really have any use for the Watch so I returned it. :rip: 

that's what I was thinking too, i dont think I can maximize Watch features and not to mention it only last about 12 hours? :biblio:

so the problem now is if im going to buy the 2nd gen or 3rd gen, they say that the latter is too tight on the ear. :biblio:

the 2nd gen had them before but they felt so light so it was really nice.

iOS16 looks really good, I'm looking forward having the ability to edit/unsend texts.  

The speaking dictation looks really smooth as well.  :clap3:

1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

there are other 3rd party manufacturers that are branded and reliable quality that can offer half the price lol, comes with a black color too

I know, it's just surprising that it took them so long to release the official accessory. It's basically the same everything but with an additional port.

im thinking of which one to buy

is it airpods or apple watch

?

that's what I was thinking too, i dont think I can maximize Watch features and not to mention it only last about 12 hours? :biblio:

so the problem now is if im going to buy the 2nd gen or 3rd gen, they say that the latter is too tight on the ear. :biblio:

the 2nd gen had them before but they felt so light so it was really nice.

They're both great accessories. I'd say go for the one you think you'll use the most. I have a 41mm Watch S7 and AirPods 3rd Gen and I love them both, but I use the Watch more believe it or not. It lasts me a day and a half with every feature turned on.

1 hour ago, Pop said:

The difference between M1 and M2 Macbook Air is 500eur in EU :rip: 

just get the m1, the difference in power and battery is very unnoticeable 

if you have the extra buck use it for the extra storage

soon that redesigned Macbook Air will be reduced in price, Apple always charge higher to devices that have new designs for introduction

1 hour ago, EtherealCat said:

what happened to the airs getting cute colours :biblio:

sis good thing the cute colors rumors stayed in the drafts

the rumored cute colors had white bezels like the desktop macs :biblio:

but yeah if they can have those rumored colors with the black bezels then it's great

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.