RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

S15, UK2, ES2, Can2

rest is filler honestly including the ASwinners

Downloading s15 as we speak. I got the glimpse of that season because I was watching the pit stop, only for Bianca. Thank you btw, I know can avoid the fillers seasons.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

giving ANTM teas where they changed everyonce except Tyra and adapted social media to "cater to young audience". This was the demise of that show, btw.

ANTM changed its format though. There's a major difference between that and me asking from Drag Race to stop bombarding us with Judy Garland, her daughter, Cher and Charo. I'm in my late 20s which means I belong in the oldest demographic that watches the show and even I can barely follow through sometimes. I'm not suggesting they should go all out with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Julia Fox etc but come oooon there are so many girls from the 90 - 00s they haven't even touched on yet.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

ANTM changed its format though. There's a major difference between that and me asking from Drag Race to stop bombarding us with Judy Garland, her daughter, Cher and Charo. I'm in my late 20s which means I belong in the oldest demographic that watches the show and even I can barely follow through sometimes. I'm not suggesting they should go all out with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Julia Fox etc but come oooon there are so many girls from the 90 - 00s they haven't even touched on yet.

Yes, as we all know that nobody gay would live beyond the age of 30. /s :coffee2:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Yes, as we all know that nobody gay would live beyond the age of 30. /s :coffee2:

I didn't mean it like that lol 

Haha I'm pretty sure there's people in their 40's and 50's who watch DR.

But yes, Ru needs to refresh her reference book or else it becomes trite.

6 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

S15, UK2, ES2, Can2

rest is filler honestly including the ASwinners

Grouping CAN2 with these icons is wild 

• Like 2

can your fave do it like this? 

mirage-mirage-drag-race.gif

• Like 5

On 2/6/2024 at 2:37 PM, Rotunda said:

Banner.png?ex=65c978dc&is=65b703dc&hm=a5a039df25521e935a9606fc56e2ea972df1ac618a0b8583d32594c42c046fea&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1107&height=623

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW & RATE-A-QUEEN

Links for the next two surveys are now live. 

As always, for Fashion Photo Ruview you should give at most 1 top toot and at most 1 bottom boot. 

For Rate-A-Queen, please rank your top 3 and bottom 3 queens of the week, while also designating whether you think this challenge should result in a solo win or a group win. Deadline is Friday at 12PM Eastern.

FPR (Pussycat Wigs): 

https://forms.gle/Jbm4mA3dk4w2cero8

Rate-A-Queen (Girl Groups):

https://forms.gle/GzJKTvSziZnjuEtLA

Reminder

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I didn't mean it like that lol 

So what DID you mean? That’s 30 year old gay men don’t watch the show? You know how inaccurate that is considering the show started when 30 something year old men were all on their teens-early 20s? So a lot of that demographic is the age group that has been watching since season 1 first aired….? Should that audience not be catered to or are you basing your opinion off like rating statistics?

another point is that Ru is all about “educating the children” so he intentionally pushes older gay and queer references on to the audience. It’s intentional and it’s something older generations do to younger generations all the time. Right or wrong, I can’t say. But it’s definitely purposeful imo.

• Like 3

Calling All Winners filler? I’ve truly seen it all in this thread :rip:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

So what DID you mean? That’s 30 year old gay men don’t watch the show? You know how inaccurate that is considering the show started when 30 something year old men were all on their teens-early 20s? So a lot of that demographic is the age group that has been watching since season 1 first aired….? Should that audience not be catered to or are you basing your opinion off like rating statistics?

another point is that Ru is all about “educating the children” so he intentionally pushes older gay and queer references on to the audience. It’s intentional and it’s something older generations do to younger generations all the time. Right or wrong, I can’t say. But it’s definitely purposeful imo.

I thought you were referring to the tired saying that gays hit their expiration date at 30 :rip:

Agreed with the 2nd paragraph entirely. I'm just tired of hearing about Judy ******* Garland every other episode. You guys in here must not be much younger or older than me so I don't get how you can possibly relate to Ru's faves to the degree that he does. Wouldn't you be more entertained if we got more Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Britney, Angelina Jolie, etc instead of women who haven't been relevant in 40+ years?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

spacer.png

I think this is the most abhorrent look to ever grace the Drag Race stage ever, tbh. The dumbass elf ears, bursting at the seams in this cheap ass piece of fabric, body other than the cinched waist giving me big man, the horrible tattoos, the annoying Dawn-esque makeup. I hate hate hate it

Edited by Moloko Plus
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

her mind is so powerful omg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

need a fashion season of RPDR with Nymphia, Jaida, Raja, Violet, Roxxxy, etc.

• Like 4

In what world was the S15 cast more quiet and shy than the S16 one? :deadbanana: this poor delusional ***** thinking she's a loud annoying personality :rip:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Wouldn't you be more entertained if we got more Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Britney, Angelina Jolie, etc instead of women who haven't been relevant in 40+ years?

What are you talking about though? :deadbanana2: Are we pretending current women don’t come up as Snatch Game characters every season? Or as lip syncs every season? Or as a Night of 1000 Gagas/Madonnas/JLos/Beyoncés runway every season?

You’re just focusing on when “old” things come up and seeing them as dominating the show when it’s definitely not the case. 

I’d give you “old school gay icon wins Snatch Game!!!” as a cliché but… that’s partially because many talented comedic queens choose to do them. Meanwhile queens have turned in some of the worst Snatch Game performances of all time when they do Lady Gaga or Beyoncé (yet the very first SG win was with Britney so…) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I thought you were referring to the tired saying that gays hit their expiration date at 30 :rip:

Agreed with the 2nd paragraph entirely. I'm just tired of hearing about Judy ******* Garland every other episode. You guys in here must not be much younger or older than me so I don't get how you can possibly relate to Ru's faves to the degree that he does. Wouldn't you be more entertained if we got more Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Britney, Angelina Jolie, etc instead of women who haven't been relevant in 40+ years?

Honestly you’re not wrong at all. I’m older than you, but far too young for Judy Garland. And even Liza. Also as much as I find Charo fantastic and hilarious, she is just someone I remember as a kid. Now that you mention Madonna, Whitney, Janet, and the like…you’re right. There is a whole in-between that she skips over. It’s either like Cher or Law roach (who even IS that person??). 

but the rusicals and “night of 1000s” tend to touch on the other divas like Madonna, J.Lo, Gaga etc. 

16 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

(yet the very first SG win was with Britney so…) 

“Hide the cucumber!…I always win!”:bibliahh:

Seems Nymphia is unstoppable, her win is gonna be big, all the way from Taiwan too!

• Like 2

I enjoy Ru’s old timey references :siptea:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

In what world was the S15 cast more quiet and shy than the S16 one? :deadbanana: this poor delusional ***** thinking she's a loud annoying personality :rip:

if you think about it minus Luxx, Mistress, Loosey(?), and Irene.. The majority of the girls were quiet or barely there: Poppy, Jax, Robin, Aura, Malaysia (?), Salina (in the workroom), and maybe Marcia.. and Sasha was definitely deadly silent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

The talentry omg :clap3:

• Like 2

Plane Jane was the guest judge at Madonna’s Cleveland concert last night. I guess she got the seal of approval from the Queen herself so i have no choice but to stan. :redface:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.