Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

2023 prediction : yet another gg debuts and stomps while the other decline. And y’all do to ive LSFM and new jeans what you did to Aespa and SlayC :dies:

Edited by BowWow

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Red Velvet needs to retire. The fact that they smashed hard in Korea and internationally with Paycho and then refused to do anything like it again. I-

 

Now they’re singing tracks like Birthday :rip: 

It’s just so bizarre. Both int and Korea prefer bad boy, they followed up with RBB which flopped in both territories. Serve with psycho then flop in both markets after with their weirdo comebacks. 
 

As a big fan of them, SM is so stubborn for pushing the crazy concept over genuine success and money. They could have put out the music Twice are doing now, back when Twice was cute and BP was baddie they would have been in the middle with their cute lil radio pop hits. But NO they just had to be qUirKy 

I also feel that it’s very strange RV haven’t been given another velvet song when it’s the clear winning in terms of commercial success. 

 

My theory is that Queendom was a public friendly safe return to the group following Irene’s scandal and then with FMR clearly the Festival was going to be a 3 part thing like it was before but scheduling issues got in the way.


Birthday was 100% going to be a summer comeback since they had mentioned seeing fans multiple times this year but it was delayed due to management problems. So seeing as they bought the song already they went ahead and released it anyway. Their next comeback which should be a full is what I’m hoping is the velvet comeback bc it’s been 4 years now..

1 hour ago, Narima said:

 

 

They need to add Winter and Liz!!! 

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Variety kings, I love the way they are so unserious all the time :dies:

 

All of them dragging Felix for still being bronze on LoL after playing for 2 years :bibliahh:

 

Does anyone know why IVE is doing so much better than LSFM in Japan? I thought Sakura was a big cash cow there, plus they have queenzura whose Japanese too :huh:

36 minutes ago, BowWow said:

2023 prediction : yet another gg debuts and stomps while the other decline. And y’all do to ive LSFM and new jeans what you did to Aespa and SlayC :dies:

We still love Stayc no matter what . Poppy soty :gaygacat5:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Red Velvet needs to retire. The fact that they smashed hard in Korea and internationally with Paycho and then refused to do anything like it again. I-

 

Now they’re singing tracks like Birthday :rip: 

:deadbanana2:

 

 

But i agree the birthday direction is not it. 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

We still love Stayc no matter what . Poppy soty :gaygacat5:

Papi papi love love :siptea:

 

6 minutes ago, BowWow said:

Does anyone know why IVE is doing so much better than LSFM in Japan? I thought Sakura was a big cash cow there, plus they have queenzura whose Japanese too :huh:

For now LSRFM still hasn’t debuted in Japan, so in terms of sales we can’t really compare yet. 

For the songs, both Eleven and especially Love dive did well. So I guess IVE is more popular bc of the music. 
 

Korean TikTok 2022

 

The Hitmakers: Korea’s Most Viewed Artists of 2022

1. TXT

2. TWICE

3. ENHYPEN

4. Kep1er

5. ITZY

6. Stray Kids

7. NCT

8. BTS

9. BLACKPINK

10. SEVENTEEN

 

The Playlist: Korea’s Top Tracks of 2022

1. IVE’s “LOVE DIVE”

2. ENHYPEN’s “Polaroid Love”

3. Duke & Jones and Louis Theroux’s “Jiggle Jiggle”

4. DinDin’s “I’m not myself when I’m around you” (featuring 10cm)

5. TWICE’s Nayeon’s “POP!”

6. BOL4’s “Love Story”

7. Leellamarz and TOIL’s “Don’t do That”

8. Song Ye Bin’s “Oh Friday”

9. PSY’s “That That” (produced by and featuring BTS’ Suga)

10. NCT DREAM’s “Beatbox”

 

Korea’s Artists with Most New Followers in 2022

1. BTS

2. BLACKPINK

3. BLACKPINK’s Rosé

4. TWICE

5. PSY

6. Stray Kids

7. ITZY

8. Jessi

9. TXT

10. Kep1er

 

 

Edited by Xalric

 

a COMEBACK in all senses of the word :jonny5: they were WRITTEN OFF 

 

I'm so mad at SM again

 

 

SJJD (deservedly) gets all the praise here, but J-ARA really delivered too :jonny: I know I'm being greedy but I wish we got a Dingo medley of these too

 

9 hours ago, Gaia said:

Hypeboy above Antifragile and Nxde :deadbanana4:

Talent won. :clap3:

 

I always thought I didn't care about choreo but I realize watching dance covers helps a (legitimately good) song worm its way into your head

LSFM Japanese debut coming in 2023 and smashing, that’s my next prediction :dies:

Anyway I need to get into J-Ara and Girls J-eneration because everyone says they have the best Japanese discographies and I wanna see if that’s true :WAP:

maybe we need the next RV comebacks to also flop so we can get another psycho moment after :santa:

Birthday bombing in Korea and RV are weaker than most of the group when it comes to int stream 

 

Time for them to disband at least they released a masterpiece with Psycho 

14 minutes ago, BowWow said:

Anyway I need to get into J-Ara and Girls J-eneration because everyone says they have the best Japanese discographies and I wanna see if that’s true :WAP:

They set me up for a lot of disappointment for my favourite 3rd gen groups (like GF, RV, Twice) debuting in Japan, which I pretty much don't listen to

 

I feel like they had to follow j-pop conventions a lot more back then, which usually gave very distinct and high-budget efforts compared to the Korean comebacks. Idol j-pop is basically just k-pop now and most things by semi-popular groups will turn a profit there lol. 

2 hours ago, BowWow said:

2023 prediction : yet another gg debuts and stomps while the other decline. And y’all do to ive LSFM and new jeans what you did to Aespa and SlayC :dies:

OMG I totally forgot StayC exists :rip: It's wild that they just got a hit at the beginning of the year :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Cotton said:

I also feel that it’s very strange RV haven’t been given another velvet song when it’s the clear winning in terms of commercial success. 

 

My theory is that Queendom was a public friendly safe return to the group following Irene’s scandal and then with FMR clearly the Festival was going to be a 3 part thing like it was before but scheduling issues got in the way.


Birthday was 100% going to be a summer comeback since they had mentioned seeing fans multiple times this year but it was delayed due to management problems. So seeing as they bought the song already they went ahead and released it anyway. Their next comeback which should be a full is what I’m hoping is the velvet comeback bc it’s been 4 years now..

Well in Korea at least, Velvet has always been less successful than Red. On Gaon, their top songs are Red songs.

 

Internationally Velvet is clearly more successful, so it's a tug of war between the two sides. Korea normally prefers the Red side, though obviously songs like Umpah Umpah failed to connect with the public. Birthday is falling into that category it seems.

 

But the beauty of Red Velvet's concept is they're never stuck in one lane, which is why they always seem to re-smash.

 

Also I feel like we're just gonna get a repackage of Feel My Rhythm and Birthday for the next release. I hope not, but that's what they did with the last ReVe Festival.

 

i SAID rv should have disbanded after Psycho and got dragged, that way they'd at least still have a quality discography :santa: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.