Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

12 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

Seems like they put more effort when she has solo noms. She didn’t event mingle or go to any after party. We didn’t even get any interviews, which would have been perfect for the doc.

I see what some of these other girls are booking and I wish she would get better opportunities but I wonder if she even wants to. She’s not playing the game at all.

the good sis is literally everywhere :rip: working very hard.

making millions. 

her career is in a very good place. 

i think "authenticity" is her goal right now. and i think that that, in the longrun will cement her legacy and make her an icon to future generations.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

the good sis is literally everywhere :rip: working very hard.

making millions. 

her career is in a very good place. 

i think "authenticity" is her goal right now. and i think that that, in the longrun will cement her legacy and make her an icon to future generations.

Yeah she’s striving in a lot of other aspects but I want her acting career to flourish too. She filmed OMITB and sg+chef  this year but nothing else has been announced. She says that’s her passion but maybe her objectives have shifted for now.

Im a bit sad that she didn't go to the afterparty or took photos with other celebs. SAG remains the best appearance of the year so far. I hope she goes next year too. And hope she can go to the Golden Globes if they end up being held again

Edited by MALAMENTE

After the absolute SLAYAGE that were her looks at the Critics Choice and SAG Awards I get the disappointment, but meltdowns doesnt make sense cuz it wasnt a 2018 MET Gala situation, she looked beautiful, cute, elegant. It had a fiitting issue but she looked beautiful, it just wasnt a killer look as SAG and Critics Choice, it happens.

—-

Rare album revival is REAL 

PYK 417k yesterday

LYTLM 447k yesterday

YES??????

talent WON. Quality WON 

:clap3:

— 

calm down also is doing pretty good WW

#11 on Billboard WW Excl US 

#15 on Billboard WW

her music career is already BACK without it even being truly back. Her career longevity is insaneeeeeee

1 hour ago, jxbuggie said:

Yeah she’s striving in a lot of other aspects but I want her acting career to flourish too. She filmed OMITB and sg+chef  this year but nothing else has been announced. She says that’s her passion but maybe her objectives have shifted for now.

i think after we watch the documentary a lot of these questions will be answered. 

I hate the doc is airing on Apple TV, wish it was a more revelant service

5 hours ago, La Luna said:

Because she usually doesn't feel confident on red carpet anymore. Her glam team sucks and deep down she knows that. She only defends them for loyalty.

SAG was a moment, she was having the time of her life, a lot of interactions and photos. Why? The look was on point. She was feeling beautiful and confident. 

Now, most of the times she always arrives late on the red carpet, skips the interviews and goes home early, refusing the after parties too.

She is isolating herself ( in the same way she did in the music industry btw).She will never get a huge role and push her acting career further if she keeps behaving like this.

She's so... ughhh let me keep it cute and stop right here :monkey:

She refuses to do networking, and then  wonder why she's not getting booked for huge movies with acclaimed directors.

At this rate, the OMITB hype will go down and she will waste once again a great opportunity to reach a new level in her acting career. All because she is lazy and refuses to do the bare minimum.

:cm:

This is how this world works: people and connections. It works for us (I mean, normal people with normal lives) and for celebs too. For example I got my first job thanks to a connection of mine. The business is the same: how do you think that someone as Zendaya, who was a bad actress at Disney Channel time, got some big movies? 

Staying at home or avoid people/problems do not solve anything. This is pretty obvious but for Selena/her team not really...

4 hours ago, La Luna said:

We need that damn Mountain movie asap 

She will skip the red carpet premiere too :lmao:

Edited by Sad Serenade

2 hours ago, Selegend said:

Rare album revival is REAL 

PYK 417k yesterday

LYTLM 447k yesterday

YES??????

talent WON. Quality WON 

Imagine if Revival will get a revival too :gaycat4:

Oh did the LYTLM stans got pressed because PYK outstreamed it on Sunday?:cupid: great for the album tho

Edited by lauren198

I still think Selena should do a Modern Love episode. So many great people has been on it

1 hour ago, lauren198 said:

Oh did the LYTLM stans got pressed because PYK outstreamed it on Sunday?:cupid: great for the album tho

LYTM is so viral on Latin America TT right now maybe is about that 

Edited by Selenasworld

8 minutes ago, SelHemsworth said:

marissa and kate turning off their ig comments and melissa calling her stans “teenagers” :coffee2:

We love to see it

They should tack on Bad Liar and Fetish to Rare for a possible SPS/certification boost in a couple of her big markets.

2 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

It's amazing Fetish longevity, given how poorly perfomed

1 hour ago, BeingRicardo said:

It's amazing Fetish longevity, given how poorly perfomed

fetish and bad liar are songs that were not successful due to poor radio etc. But if u look at the debut numbers they had MASSIVE impact. Like they both debuted on the hot 100 with 1 day of tracking and just an audio visual. That’s very impressive.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, BeingRicardo said:

I hate the doc is airing on Apple TV, wish it was a more revelant service

That's because they do not really care about availability but money and Apple doesn't mind throwing big money at it. They did it with Billie too. They want content that will make people potentially buy subscriptions and they know Selena is a big draw. And Aleen and Selena ain't dumb and i'm sure they won't refuse millions of dollars. And also they are aware people will end up watching it for free through torrents and online sites so it's not like people won't watch a Selena Gomez documentary. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:51 PM, Sad Serenade said:

This is how this world works: people and connections. It works for us (I mean, normal people with normal lives) and for celebs too. For example I got my first job thanks to a connection of mine. The business is the same: how do you think that someone as Zendaya, who was a bad actress at Disney Channel time, got some big movies? 

Staying at home or avoid people/problems do not solve anything. This is pretty obvious but for Selena/her team not really...

She will skip the red carpet premiere too :lmao:

I think it is cute how fans think Selena does not have connections. Selena just doesn't flaunt who she knows and does not know. And Aleen knows A LOT of people too. Of course she could get out and about and meet new producers or directors but that does not guarantee anything. And she did that for like 6 years straight by going to the VF Oscar portparty and what did she gain exactly? There's nothing better to meet people than going to the party after the biggest night in cinema. In fact, her casting on Only Murders was a mix of John Hoffman already knowing her from Wizards and someone else suggesting her (which maybe was thanks to connections). 

21 hours ago, SelHemsworth said:

marissa and kate turning off their ig comments and melissa calling her stans “teenagers” :coffee2:

They are messy lol. Like yeah, the fans are annoying and pathetic but they should know what's coming already after years so acting surprised and being petty like that is not gonna help. At this point they should just ignore them even if it is hard to do so 

Edited by MALAMENTE

I find it so childish to some of her stans to be dragging their team as if Selena is a robot that can't think or act for herself. Anyways, can't wait for the doc

7 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

I think it is cute how fans think Selena does not have connections. Selena just doesn't flaunt who she knows and does not know. And Aleen knows A LOT of people too. Of course she could get out and about and meet new producers or directors but that does not guarantee anything. And she did that for like 6 years straight by going to the VF Oscar portparty and what did she gain exactly? There's nothing better to meet people than going to the party after the biggest night in cinema. In fact, her casting on Only Murders was a mix of John Hoffman already knowing her from Wizards and someone else suggesting her (which maybe was thanks to connections). 

I don't know if some stans think selena doesn't have connection but that's not what I've said. Going out at events, party, talking with people, meeting new people, building older relationships is better than staying at home or avoid things.

54 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

I don't know if some stans think selena doesn't have connection but that's not what I've said. Going out at events, party, talking with people, meeting new people, building older relationships is better than staying at home or avoid things.

I know and its cool if she does it from time to time but we don’t know if she is already does that privately. There’s many events that are secret that we don’t even know about and I’m sure she’s met with executives and suits privately too. And I’ll repeat myself again that she has done the parties and events thing for years and nothing  substantial really came out of that so its not really that essential at the end of the day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.