P!nk

Underdogs

I'm still salty they cut out her performance of Jolene from the Musicares netflix special.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Braz

• Underdogs

• Gabriel Guedes

• Hiphopper

On 4/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, EnterTheAttic said:

Here are my top 50 songs by her! 

I made this pre H2BH era though, otherwise I would have included 90 Days, Hey Why and We Could Have It All. 

You Make Me Sick and Eventually are wayyyy too low, but great list, especially Top 20! Pleasantly surprised to see PrivATE Show and Split Personality so high :WAP:

The complete Dear GODiary and My Slayagenam snubbery tho :biblionny:

2 hours ago, Underdogs said:

She also performed 'Coat of Many Colors' with Brandi Carlile :jonny4:

Do we have a video?

25 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

You Make Me Sick and Eventually are wayyyy too low, but great list, especially Top 20! Pleasantly surprised to see PrivATE Show and Split Personality so high :WAP:

21 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The complete Dear GODiary and My Slayagenam snubbery tho :biblionny:

Aagh thank you! Taste, I have it.

I made this video before H2BH, so I would also include 90 Days and Hey Why in the Top 10 or 15 and We Could Have It All somewhere lower!

38 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Aagh thank you! Taste, I have it.

I made this video before H2BH, so I would also include 90 Days and Hey Why in the Top 10 or 15 and We Could Have It All somewhere lower!

Cover Me in Taste not even a honorable mention in updated version?

-----

Get in little Acrobrats

I'm sad that Never Gonna Not Dance Again is going to be a flop. P!nk is really trying hard to make it happen. There is also a lack of investment from RCA, but it is having a lot of rejection, especially by the fans. They didn't like the song and the music video.

I read this on the P!nk Shread forum. What do you think?

https://pinkshread.net/post/54770

Right, so here's the thing: you need to have realistic expectations and take into account the huge change in charts since P!nk properly launched a new era, especially with singles.

iTunes sales have taken a nosedive yet streaming numbers are overwhelmingly huge for most current acts. P!nk's audience in somewhere in the middle, leaning more towards buying and the metrics unfortunately favor streaming so it is a very, very safe assumption that she will probably never get a Top 10/20 hit on the singles chart unless it's a complete viral fluke accident.

She's doing well on radio it seems, Hot Adult Contemporary always has her back, but that doesn't mean much in 2022. NGNDA was added to all HAC stations today on impact date.

On the flipside of all of this, RCA is perhaps the worst major label right now. If you check their roster, you will see that very few of their artists have had a hit in the past few years. They don't do good with giving fans limited edition physical singles, merch drops, a proper artist store with digital versions to buy (explicit, clean, instrumental). Imagine having so many elements to play with visually for this record, yet they didn't think to produce a Vicious ******* Chips'es merch line, a limited edition rollerskate custom die-cut 7" vinyl, collectible CD singles with cover variants, etc. They are SO traditional with their approach and it is just not it. They don't even have shipping points set up for the artists in different territories, it all comes from the US and those sales are not chart-eligible + VERY high shipping and import tax fees.

Even pointed out by Max to me earlier, she is teasing that the behind the scenes video will be dropping on Facebook today. FACEBOOK. IN 2022.

I pray the album pre-order goes live soon because God knows she needs every minute of pre-orders before the actual release date. They also need vinyl variants, a Spotify First vinyl, AT LEAST a standard and deluxe CD (cover variants would be better), a cassette, a box set, a t-shirt bundle for Target, signed art cards only available with bundles of 3+ formats, etc. ANYTHING to get sales.

She has a strong core fanbase and they never take advantage of that. Proof is the AIKSF zine, that sold out fast with minimal promo despite being priced at $40 with very high international shipping charges.

I digress, but I think you get the point. She has moved from a chart competing artist to more of a legendary status that sells albums and tours. I'd start worrying when her albums don't sell/chart well.

Edited by AntonioCJr12
correction

21 hours ago, Braz said:

Did anyone catch her cooking on Tik Tok? :rip:

Didn't say anything important.

Edited by AntonioCJr12
correction

Guys, changing the subject a little, but one thing that always bothered me: why do TT and CTMH have so few reproductions on spotify? Do people hate these albums? Where are the fans who love pop rock so much? Miss and IND haven't passed billion yet, why? I even understand that most people don't like CTMH, but what about others?

2 hours ago, Funhouse said:

What's going on here?

The US leg of the summer carnival tour:giraffe:

2 hours ago, Funhouse said:

What's going on here?

The cancelled leg of her American tour. The dates leaked from the planned 2022 leg... and it has been postponed to next year.

13 hours ago, AntonioCJr12 said:

Guys, changing the subject a little, but one thing that always bothered me: why do TT and CTMH have so few reproductions on spotify? Do people hate these albums? Where are the fans who love pop rock so much? Miss and IND haven't passed billion yet, why? I even understand that most people don't like CTMH, but what about others?

Back then I used to dislike TT but now I think it's one of her best albums. 

As for CTMH

giphy.gif?cid=790b761149e3e2fb7b0618f57c

18 hours ago, AntonioCJr12 said:

They just aren't as good :noparty: M!ss-IND-Funhouse are all fantastic and BT and H2BH were released during the streaming era so by default they have okay streams.

For me CTMH is a bit too monotonous and she still didn't find her footing with lyrics... TT on the other hand can be a bit much. You can still find 4-6 excellent tracks on each of the two though and Stop Falling is a career highlight

Edited by aaron511

2 hours ago, Braz said:

Ahhh, the collab is coming...

This! It would be such a missed opportunity if they didn't make a song. Please let it be on the mew album!

4 hours ago, Underdogs said:

Also Jimmy Kimmel appearance on Wednesday 

I was literally thinking about when she was gonna go to Kimmel last night lol

Last time she was interviewed by Channing Tatum 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.