P!nk

Underdogs

59 minutes ago, dperkins said:

No but a white pop star getting the lead single of a movie about a black icon wouldn’t sit well in this climate. Lol

I see your point. I don't see how it's bad since many white singers have paid tribute to her over the years. We'll see how it's gonna go if this is indeed a song for the movie. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Braz

• Underdogs

• Gabriel Guedes

• Hiphopper

Why does it sound like elevator music? ?

On 10/16/2022 at 1:56 PM, Braz said:

I think she'll announce the release date and pre-save this week and we'll get it in 2 weeks or so.

:alexz:

This is the first time Pink and her team seem to be really trying for a hit. Love everything so far, especially having good visuals and graphics... :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Braz said:

This is the first time Pink and her team seem to be really trying for a hit. Love everything so far, especially having good visuals and graphics... :bibliahh:

The text on the single cover is kinda annoying but yeah for the most part

The new album is confirmed

14 minutes ago, Hurts 2B Beautiful said:

The new album is confirmed

are u saying this in general or have u seen something

2 minutes ago, Liafen said:

are u saying this in general or have u seen something

Literally an insider said that, her friend

spacer.png

Edited by Hurts 2B Beautiful

12 minutes ago, Hurts 2B Beautiful said:

Literally an insider said that, her friend

spacer.png

thanks!

5 minutes ago, Braz said:

Can she change the name of the tour later? :smiley:

Can she not? :deadbanana4: 

I just decided to skip this time to save the money to attend the album tour :alexz:

2 hours ago, Braz said:

Can she change the name of the tour later? :smiley:

2 hours ago, Hiphopper said:

Can she not? :deadbanana4: 

I just decided to skip this time to save the money to attend the album tour :alexz:

Oh, she most definitely will. The album will probably come out around January, just in time for the preparation of the European tour. 

I think we get album late November. We are in a new Pink era guys! And finally it seems off to a promising start. This is what we deserve 

18 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

I think we get album late November. We are in a new Pink era guys! And finally it seems off to a promising start. This is what we deserve 

She never releases this soon after the first single. I think the album is 23.

15 minutes ago, Braz said:

She never releases this soon after the first single. I think the album is 23.

I reckon the single has been pushed back due to Taylor. And they will take advantage of the Christmas period surely?

Yeah. Moms love Pink and her label won’t miss the opportunity for Christmas sales. A lot of artists haven’t been waiting long between single and album release these days. There was only a month between Break My Soul and Renaissance. Taylor just drops everything at once these days. 

Although, they might want to wait a little bit for the "Taylor Fever" to go away so P!nk can have a chance to reach #1

10 minutes ago, Gabriel Guedes said:

Although, they might want to wait a little bit for the "Taylor Fever" to go away so P!nk can have a chance to reach #1

Black Friday is the 25th, which would be 5 weeks after Taylor’s release. However, I’m not sure who else is releasing before or on Black Friday. I feel like Dec 2 or Dec 9 would be more likely. Still in time for Holiday sales, but not on the most competitive weeks. Taylor’s last album spent 4 weeks at #1, and the one before spent 8 weeks. While Taylor is still big, I don’t feel she’s as powerful as she used to be. So a 3-4 week reign seems likely. I don’t see her holding it down for 5-8 weeks this time. But we will see. Her lead single could be a huge hit. The only way I could see them capitalizing on holiday sales while releasing after the holidays is by doing a pre-release special around Black Friday with a tour announcement. 

But also, I would lower expectations guys. H2BH hasn’t even sold in 3 years what BT opened with on its first week. Lol. Her last couple songs also flopped on streaming. I don’t think their expectations are gonna be on getting a #1 as much as getting the most sales possible. Which again would be this time of year. I don’t foresee the industry trying to waste time reinvigorating the career of a 43 year old pop star. The music industry has notoriously paid dust to women over 40. I don’t expect them to suddenly care about boosting her profile. I’d love to be proven wrong though. 

A lot hinges on this first single though. If it is somewhat decent and it takes off, then the album sales shouldn't be too dismal. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.