Normani

URBAN

29 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Hey there! HER has or had the same management that Alicia Keys used to. I've personally never seen the rumors about her father substantiated though.

Here are some other artists who released albums through RCA this year.

Lucky Daye

Buddy

Three Day's Grace

UMI

Steve Lacy

Black Party

Blood Orange

Protoje

Buddy Guy

Tyler Childers

None of them produced or were preceded by hits.

most of these are industry/critical darlings though:coffee2: they pull through with awards, year-end lists, and festivals/tours…they were never expecting hits from most of these artists (Steve Lacy delivered though) 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

16 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Damage & Slide were literally hits:rip: They likely have 6 Million units combined, which is 900 Million streams in the US LOL

Come Through was the 3rd single of her album, and it still spent 18 weeks charting on Hot 100 with that #64 peak

Passive streams via playlists = / = songs the general public actually knows

She's no Alicia Keys who actually had smashes that were inescapable

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Passive streams via playlists = / = songs the general public actually knows

She's no Alicia Keys who actually had smashes that were inescapable

People who listen to R&B know those songs. 

And they were played on the radio:rip: Damage spent more weeks Top 10 on R&B/Hip Hop Airplay chart than Wild Side (40 Weeks Top 10)

Let's not. Are y'all pretending Wild Side was some massive smash, it only spent 1 week Top 40. It has the same chartruns as H.E.R top BB songs outside the 1st week. Damage is also going to pass Wild Side on YouTube again, since Wild Side's recurrent streams have crashed, the lead has been shrinking for weeks.

Wild Side also wont catch up to Damage's overall units in the US since it's N/A across the board on Apple Music whereas Damage is still charting on the Apple R&B chart nearly 2 years after release.

So much for not having songs the public knows

Normani isnt releasing the album cuz she's not confident in it. RCA gave her creative freedom which is why Fair was released. Not sure what's she doing since then though.

She should have released in last fall riding off Wild Side going Top 10 on Urban radio. Unlikely she'll continue to get a hit every year to keep the GP interested, so she's mismanaging herself. 

Also Candy Paint sounds like a flop, it's a good thing it wasnt released as a mainstream followup

@Protocol

Is there not a H.E.R base thread here or…? 

How can you be keeping up with this girl’s career and stats, but clearly not see that her label is not willing to release her stuff? I’m sure if it were up to Normani the album would have dropped and she would have had the rollout she wanted earlier this year. Chloe more or less confirmed that she and Normani are going through the same exact thing regarding their albums. I really can’t stand users who clearly have disdain for her, but be the main ones lurking her base thread.

Note that this is not directed at disgruntled fans. 

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

How can you be keeping up with this girl’s career and stats, but clearly not see that her label is not willing to release her stuff? I’m sure if it were up to Normani the album would have dropped and she would have had the rollout she wanted earlier this year. Chloe more or less confirmed that she and Normani are going through the same exact thing regarding their albums. I really can’t stand users who clearly have disdain for her, but be the main ones lurking her base thread.

Thank you!! Especially since there seemed to be a plan in place before Fair flopped to release her album. It's not up to Normani and that's fine. 

SZA went to Hawaii to finish her album. Makes me think Normani might've gone to Mexico to do the same. I need them both to release close to one another, I need that 1-2 punch. 

19 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

They can’t be going through the same thing if Normani has been a part of 8x as many hits. They’re also on different labels and have different profiles so that’s a stretch. All she said is Normani is a hard worker and probably has her own set of difficulties being a black woman in the industry. Not that they’re going through the exact same thing. 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:53 AM, Armani? said:

Also Candy Paint sounds like a flop, it's a good thing it wasnt released as a mainstream followup

@Protocol

It's too 5H from the snippet I heard. It would be a huge step backwards

Whatever she did with starrah on wild side was the sweet spot :spin: perfect tempo, perfect sound

On 10/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, orange22 said:

most of these are industry/critical darlings though:coffee2: they pull through with awards, year-end lists, and festivals/tours…they were never expecting hits from most of these artists (Steve Lacy delivered though) 

The mentioned artists (steve and lucky especially from what I know) post regularly on instagram, have a good catalogue of material and a strong artistic identity for people to check out and grasp onto. That's how they really took off. They also perform regularly everywhere instead of going mute after 2 weeks and letting their songs die off

17 hours ago, cliche_display said:

They can’t be going through the same thing if Normani has been a part of 8x as many hits. They’re also on different labels and have different profiles so that’s a stretch. All she said is Normani is a hard worker and probably has her own set of difficulties being a black woman in the industry. Not that they’re going through the exact same thing. 

Why are you bringing up stats as if I’m using Chloe to drag Mani? Fact of the matter is that they’re in the same albumless boat. You missed the part where she was talking about how she and her go through the same experiences bts and how hard it is for BW navigating the industry. Read between the lines. She said a lot without saying too much.

Edited by AFullMoonlight

No matter how many hit collabs Normani had, none of them matter, they are not part of the album and nobody in the GP is gonna listen to her R&B album just because she had a pop song with Sam Smith in 2019 like :ace:. She's in the same situation as Chloe, clearly. Have Mercy and Wild Side did good, they released a follow-up and it flopped so their labels won't put out a body of work until they get another hit, then things will move faster. If Fair didn't flop, the album would've been released in the summer like it was planned.

2 hours ago, zeta said:

No matter how many hit collabs Normani had, none of them matter, they are not part of the album and nobody in the GP is gonna listen to her R&B album just because she had a pop song with Sam Smith in 2019 like :ace:. She's in the same situation as Chloe, clearly. Have Mercy and Wild Side did good, they released a follow-up and it flopped so their labels won't put out a body of work until they get another hit, then things will move faster. If Fair didn't flop, the album would've been released in the summer like it was planned.

Like, yeah. Some users insist in mentioning past hit collabs as if they made any difference nowadays lol Yes, they were big songs and those are nice stats but they won't change the fact that she couldn't put an album out even with them. She needs a new hit. 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Carter said:

I'm worried about how her next single will fair because her engagement is abysmal especially with the frequency she's been posting.

I was actually surprised at the likes her new Twitter photo tour is getting. Last week she couldn’t crack 10k but since Thursday, she’s hitting 20k and 30k. Either she invested in bots, or being at fashion week helped her profile.

Either way, she’s out and about and I really hope this leads to music before year end.

1 hour ago, tachiwaka said:

I was actually surprised at the likes her new Twitter photo tour is getting. Last week she couldn’t crack 10k but since Thursday, she’s hitting 20k and 30k. Either she invested in bots, or being at fashion week helped her profile.

Either way, she’s out and about and I really hope this leads to music before year end.

She’s still one of the IT girls from the new gen she’s been everywhere 

10 hours ago, Mrs. Carter said:

I'm worried about how her next single will fair because her engagement is abysmal especially with the frequency she's been posting.

There is typically a low correlation between engagement on twitter photo sets and single success. 

If her songs are not on TTH, don’t have a video, or radio campaign then that’s what you should worry you. 

Photo sets from the song with Megan did 100k+ and the song bubbled under. 

22 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Why are you bringing up stats as if I’m using Chloe to drag Mani? Fact of the matter is that they’re in the same albumless boat. You missed the part where she was talking about how she and her go through the same experiences bts and how hard it is for BW navigating the industry. Read between the lines. She said a lot without saying too much.

One is albumless because the implication is that she has no hits. She has been on one top 40 song by 24.

One is albumless DESPITE having two top tens, a top 14 and a top 30s hit, and 4 top 40s in a group. 

So they’ll never be in the same boat in that way or have the same reasons for having no album. 

It’s kind of an insult to lump one with the other. 

Normani’s label imprint dissolved and her management professionally neglects her, but she’s had much more musical success. There have been inconsistencies but points at which she had enough momentum musically to release an album.   One has never had that momentum, is on a Beyoncé imprint after being found on YouTube, and never had the same magnitude of hit, or any big hits plural to string together. 

I’m sorry but I’m not going to let y’all  flatten Normani’s resume to be identical to Ally’s or Chloe’s. Many people can match Normani’s lows (bubble Under, top 90) but few can put together a handful of top 40s before an album like she has 

If Chloe had 4 top 40 hits I bet she’d have an album out. 

Ally or Lauren are better comparisons to Chloe in terms of where they’re at musically.  

Normani gets compared to Chloe because 1. they’re both black 2.  Chloe wants people to compare her to Normani and it’s easy to fall into. Yet Normani has achieved more and it’s low key an insult to her in the way it’s being done

Now if Normani with her handful of prior hits defended Chloe having reached success in the music industry before her w/o an album and said ‘oh it’s hard out here’ that would be appropriate, but Chloe doing it when Normani has billions more streams etc is  bad faith. 

Edited by cliche_display

On 10/5/2022 at 5:39 AM, cliche_display said:

I’m sorry but I’m not going to let y’all  flatten Normani’s resume to be identical to Ally’s or Chloe’s. Many people can match Normani’s lows (bubble Under, top 90) but few can put together a handful of top 40s before an album like she has 

If Chloe had 4 top 40 hits I bet she’d have an album out. 

Ally or Lauren are better comparisons to Chloe in terms of where they’re at musically.  

Normani gets compared to Chloe because 1. they’re both black 2.  Chloe wants people to compare her to Normani and it’s easy to fall into. Yet Normani has achieved more and it’s low key an insult to her in the way it’s being done

Now if Normani with her handful of prior hits defended Chloe having reached success in the music industry before her w/o an album and said ‘oh it’s hard out here’ that would be appropriate, but Chloe doing it when Normani has billions more streams etc is  bad faith. 

Can we stop with the novels.. You be getting on here just to say a whole lot of nothing. We need to find you some hobbies cause ??‍♂️??‍♂️

20 hours ago, zeta said:

Imagen

:ahh:

But seriously though, someone ban that user, I’ve had enough of their ramblings of whole lotta nothing. Its giving deluded.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.