Normani

URBAN

She is also liking tweets from people asking her where the album is and to drop Candy Paint. Why doesn’t she just SAY something already, it’s time to be transparent with the fans.

Edited by Crank_It_Up

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• AFullMoonlight

• orange22

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

She is also liking tweets from people asking her where the album is and to drop Candy Paint. Why doesn’t she just SAY something already, it’s time to be transparent with the fans.

hopefully a sign we are going to get something soon. not getting my hopes up though.

It’s nice to see her out and about, she’s been positing a lot! But her engagement really is in the toilet 7k likes on twitter after 20 hours is abysmal. She used to smash and that still wasn’t enough capital for us to get the album released

All these artists have hinted at new music coming (minus Normani besides her liking random stuff on Twitter). Candy Paint halloween release here we go :clap3:

https://twitter.com/abtlabinsider/status/1571234453250269195?s=46&t=KAffOBgvwNYNYKfyJgGzyA

This is why it's so important to be self-sufficient. Write and produce your own songs. Download Logic Pro X and Splice. Buy a decent microphone. It's really not that hard. Much easier for a label to work with you if you can arrive with fully produced demos that already sound like a hit.

I was just looking through the top #Normani tweets recently and it struck me

how cool she is seemingly with all her peers

• Cool with rap girls like Cardi, Megan, Doja, Lizzo, Latto
  • Cool with the actresses like Ryan, Chloe, 
  • Cool with the models
  • Cool with the A listers: toured with Ari, invited to every B party, Fashion for Rihanna, collabs with Calvin and Sam, pics with Billie, etc
  • Even made up a little with the antiblack bandmate online

And just contrast that to the amount of HATE Normani receives on social media from fanbases. It's weird as hell actually. 

There are 3 artists and fanbases driving the hate train over her brand, and I just wonder how much each artist is involved. 

I don't see how her godawful management can look at the way her image is treated on social media and not lift a finger to improve it. They don't care. It's just that simple.

Also, her team seems to be running a new twitter photos account (little late for that) 

and she goes viral off fan pages that are probably promotion bots but whatever.

Engagement extends beyond her account. Look through the top posts with her name on it, not from her account

Watching Kim Petras and Sam Smith roll out shooting them straight to number 1 making me wish we had that :chick3: 

4 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Watching Kim Petras and Sam Smith roll out shooting them straight to number 1 making me wish we had that :chick3: 

The video is a mess I’m glad Normani got the last classy SS song

I’m glad Chloe basically implied what anybody with common sense already knew with what’s going on with her, Normani, and all the other upcoming Black female artist behind the scenes. She really defended Mani and I appreciate that.

But it also pisses me off. So many talented women are being held back by these shitty labels. Somebody make it make sense how they want artist to have a hit before releasing an album but won’t let them release new singles. 

No shade but Normani has achieved more musically than it seems Chloe will ever be allowed to. RCA could have released an album closer to Love Lies, DWAS, and Motivation. They could have began rolling out an album after Wild Side. They really don't have the excuses Chloe's label does. And yes, it's obvious by now that Normani is being left behind by her label and there's no one to fill in the gap on the management end. She needs a shark of a manager more than anyone else in the pop space, but she's sticking with a novice who operates like a slum lord and used car salesman.

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I’m glad Chloe basically implied what anybody with common sense already knew with what’s going on with her, Normani, and all the other upcoming Black female artist behind the scenes. She really defended Mani and I appreciate that.

But it also pisses me off. So many talented women are being held back by these shitty labels. Somebody make it make sense how they want artist to have a hit before releasing an album but won’t let them release new singles. 

So they basicly need that hot male feature to secure album release.

i pray one of them is on the black panther soundtrack 

18 hours ago, Camilitau.u said:

The video is a mess I’m glad Normani got the last classy SS song

he has had other ok songs since then but i don't get the appeal of his new one .

She removed the link to Fair from her twitter and instagram bio and unpinned the announcement tweet.

2 hours ago, zeta said:

She removed the link to Fair from her twitter and instagram bio and unpinned the announcement tweet.

new music coming?

On 10/1/2022 at 8:03 AM, rac7d said:

So they basicly need that hot male feature to secure album release.

i pray one of them is on the black panther soundtrack 

What logic is this?

H.E.R. - Come Thru with Chris Brown peaked at 64 yet RCA still released her album last year

SZA's - I Hate You reached top 7and RCA has yet to release a follow up to CTRL

Normani's - Wild Side hit top 14 ft. Cardi last year and RCA hasn't promoted anything since

It has to be something other than the overall performance of their singles, otherwise SZA and Normani would have albums out before HER...

(and most the other RCA album releases this year for that matter). 

Billboard YE charts indicate Giveon, BLEU, Summer Walker, Khalid, and Jhene Aiko are the other top R&B artists of 2021 sans big pop radio entries that year. Heartbreak Anniversary is Giveon's most successful single which peaked at just 16 in 2020 - Columbia still released an album despite nothing hitting since. Summer and Drake did a remix to her breakout single that peaked below 30 and Interscope still released her debut album. Now of course, those two are on different labels but their situation is comparable to Normani's unless you consider Normani a prisoner of her own success. She has lead credits on a top 7 hit a top 9 hit a top 14 hit and a top 33 hit and still no album.

The logic is not consistent with the reality of her performance. The others have released for less, some on her own label.

2 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

She has lead credits on a top 7 hit a top 9 hit a top 14 hit and a top 33 hit and still no album.

A. This is why you have to look at how weak her representation is because most managers could have made this work.

B. This is also why Chloe's situation can't be compared

1 hour ago, cliche_display said:

What logic is this?

H.E.R. - Come Thru with Chris Brown peaked at 64 yet RCA still released her album last year

SZA's - I Hate You reached top 7and RCA has yet to release a follow up to CTRL

Normani's - Wild Side hit top 14 ft. Cardi last year and RCA hasn't promoted anything since

It has to be something other than the overall performance of their singles, otherwise SZA and Normani would have albums out before HER...

(and most the other RCA album releases this year for that matter). 

Billboard YE charts indicate Giveon, BLEU, Summer Walker, Khalid, and Jhene Aiko are the other top R&B artists of 2021 sans big pop radio entries that year. Heartbreak Anniversary is Giveon's most successful single which peaked at just 16 in 2020 - Columbia still released an album despite nothing hitting since. Summer and Drake did a remix to her breakout single that peaked below 30 and Interscope still released her debut album. Now of course, those two are on different labels but their situation is comparable to Normani's unless you consider Normani a prisoner of her own success. She has lead credits on a top 7 hit a top 9 hit a top 14 hit and a top 33 hit and still no album.

The logic is not consistent with the reality of her performance. The others have released for less, some on her own label.

HER's dad is literally an Industry insider that's why she's booked at every award show with no real hit songs to perform.

1 hour ago, benten010 said:

HER's dad is literally an Industry insider that's why she's booked at every award show with no real hit songs to perform.

Hey there! HER has or had the same management that Alicia Keys used to. I've personally never seen the rumors about her father substantiated though.

Here are some other artists who released albums through RCA this year.

Lucky Daye

Buddy

Three Day's Grace

UMI

Steve Lacy

Black Party

Blood Orange

Protoje

Buddy Guy

Tyler Childers

None of them produced or were preceded by hits.

3 hours ago, benten010 said:

Damage & Slide were literally hits:rip: They likely have 6 Million units combined, which is 900 Million streams in the US LOL

Come Through was the 3rd single of her album, and it still spent 18 weeks charting on Hot 100 with that #64 peak @cliche_display

Edited by Armani?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.