Madonna

Alongoria13

speaking of Repel Charts, make sure to stream ***** I'm Madonna to make Madonna the only artists to have 100M songs on Spotify in 5 different decades

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArtForFreedom

• Lover

• dabunique

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

The way Repel Chart has been getting skull dragged these past couple of days.

:skull:

What gives?

Because it's her most faceless album, it stinks honestly despite a few bops. MDNA with all its falters and duds still remains a more coherent and catchy record 

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

MDNA with all its falters and duds still remains a more coherent and catchy record 

I think MDNO is my 4th most streamed Madonna album randomly :dies: probably because GGW, I Don't Give A, and Some Girls are on my running playlist 

but yeah, MDNA has some garbaj filler but the highs are very high

I liked Repel Charts in 2015 but I never want to listen to it again

***** I'm Madonna is an avant garde classique though, we will be streaming

9 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

I watched Evita for the first time ever last night. It was good, the costumes and cinematography were amazing and M was great but... I didn't realise the film was 99.9% singing. I don't think she had any spoken dialogue scenes? :rip: no wonder it's her most acclaimed role. Obviously I knew in advance it's a musical but I didn't think there'd be so.much.singing. Maybe that's Andrew Lloyd Webber's style because the only other film I've seen like that is Cats (which is trash but is constant signing.)

It's not uncommon, e.g. Les Mis and Hamilton have no spoken dialogue as well. I remember for sure she does a speech on the balcony, but yeah, Evita is notable for lacking spoken parts (tho I think it does a good job without it). 

Evita and Susan are her only acting movies I'm willing to defend. Both roles were suitable for her then current personas, which helped her acting. She has her limits, but still the movie is really enjoyable. Waltz for Eva and Che is probably my favourite acting moment by her, she ate that. I'm glad she got that role, but I'm also glad that the same movie would've been dragged to hell and back if it was made today because of the casting:dies:

1 hour ago, John Slayne said:

speaking of Repel Charts, make sure to stream ***** I'm Madonna to make Madonna the only artists to have 100M songs on Spotify in 5 different decades

Oh God, what a dilemma. I hate that song, but would love her to get this. Maybe I can do it with the volume turned down. :rip:

20 minutes ago, GodControl said:

Rebel Heart was a delight. It's full of well-composed, well-produced pop songs with huge hooks. I love it. 

:clap3:

Repel is definitely bad but has a few bops. MDNA is her worst by far. 

14 hours ago, GodControl said:

Rebel Heart was a delight. It's full of well-composed, well-produced pop songs with huge hooks. I love it. 

This. The album wasn't cohesive but at least it had some great songs attached to it. 

I wonder how that era had gone if she was with Warner Bros back then...

Edited by tiagol88

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

This. The album wasn't coherent

You mean cohesive? 

Rebel Heart is actually my favorite 2010s Maduna album.

i found who's that girl club mixes record store day exclusive red vinyl at my local store today.  

MADONNA - Who`s That Girl Super Club Mix RSD 2022

its 40$ on amazon i got it for 22. causing a commotion aka we have to stan.

btw i tried to find her finally enough love cd and they were sold out completely. i didn't realize it would be such a huge seller. 

Rebel Heart has horrible lyrics that sabotage many of the songs. Also way too much filler.

I feel like a vastly condensed track listing removing all the dodgy songs would've been this:

1. Living for Love

2. Ghost Town

3. Unapologetic *****

4. ***** I'm Madonna

5. Body Shop

6. Holy Water

7. Wash All Over Me

8. Best Night

9. S.E.X.

10. Messiah

11. Rebel Heart

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

Is she winning a VMA tonight? :giraffe:

Sadly no 

rebel heart, tbh i became a fan when she was in that era and i can't remember a single track from it. at least madame x has god control. 

12 hours ago, The Next Day said:

It's not uncommon, e.g. Les Mis and Hamilton have no spoken dialogue as well. I remember for sure she does a speech on the balcony, but yeah, Evita is notable for lacking spoken parts (tho I think it does a good job without it). 

Evita and Susan are her only acting movies I'm willing to defend. Both roles were suitable for her then current personas, which helped her acting. She has her limits, but still the movie is really enjoyable. Waltz for Eva and Che is probably my favourite acting moment by her, she ate that. I'm glad she got that role, but I'm also glad that the same movie would've been dragged to hell and back if it was made today because of the casting:dies:

Thanks for explaining, haha! I haven't seen either of those musicals and I probably wouldn't like them that much :deadbanana2: I think she did well in A League of Their Own, too!

15 hours ago, sbenci said:

Body Shop and Best Night are among my favorites from the album :rip: 

OMG taste! I love Body Shop :jonny2:

6 hours ago, Protocol said:

Rebel Heart has horrible lyrics that sabotage many of the songs. Also way too much filler.

I feel like a vastly condensed track listing removing all the dodgy songs would've been this:

1. Living for Love

2. Ghost Town

3. Unapologetic *****

4. ***** I'm Madonna

5. Body Shop

6. Holy Water

7. Wash All Over Me

8. Best Night

9. S.E.X.

10. Messiah

11. Rebel Heart

I thought you were removing the dodgy songs but you kept them :rip: 

10 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

You mean cohesive? 

Yup.

I'm the one lacking coherence :chick1: 

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Yup.

I'm the one lacking coherence :chick1: 

:fan:

I tried to watch Evita once but gave up after 10 minutes

I don't like musicals :noparty:

3 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

I tried to watch Evita once but gave up after 10 minutes

I don't like musicals :noparty:

Same I can appreciate but I lose interest pretty quickly 

Shep Pettibone talks about saving Express Yourself. The album version is truly dreadful.

“Express Yourself” came out, and I was, again, “This is a bubblegum, kind of eh kind of song.” I thought it was like, a little hokey.

So I did a mix of it with some additional production, and then I did something that nobody had ever done: I wiped all the music, except for the vocals, and totally re-did the music. She loved so much that that became the single version and the video version.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/madonna-remixes-producers-interview-1235129528/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.