Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Seeing her as a "celebrity" feels really disrespectful to her artistry, ah! she's anything but a celebrity.

I agree she's not focused on music at the moment but she doesn't lives on being a personality to the public eye as a celebrity.

 

I'd love a christmas album from her as much as I'd love many other side projects, it feels early to rely on the christmas wave for streams hoping on a future classic tho.

Edited by fra

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

37 minutes ago, Aden said:

 Have we done a shoes rate yet?

 

soap-opera-india.gif

 

 

I think you’re looking for the Katy Perry base ma’am 

 

soap-opera-india.gif

1 minute ago, sunbathinganimal said:

I think you’re looking for the Katy Perry base ma’am 

 

soap-opera-india.gif

Omg 

soap-opera-india.gif

Spoiler

0211-rue-leather-mules-shoes-3-154998226

 

 

For all the risks she's been taking with her acting career and how much they've paid off, you'd think she'd stop playing it as safe and down-the-middle as possible in her music. Maybe she likes being a boring hag? 

 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

For all the risks she's been taking with her acting career and how much they've paid off, you'd think she'd stop playing it as safe and down-the-middle as possible in her music. Maybe she likes being a boring hag? 

 

spacer.png

being a hag is pretty risky for a woman still in her 30s tbf

 

spacer.png

tbh since gaga went artpop then jazz, country, asib maga country:eli: and she came full circle again with POPmatica and a WW soldout stadium tour...you let her "flop"...now she has to come with TFM type of album or its a rockalbum i will be surprised if she release a billie type of emo music i'll be here for it.

4 hours ago, luckythisway said:

 

This absolute JAZZGA serve 

 

spacer.png

The absolute BEAUTY here omfg... they used to make her eyes look so big and gorg why did she have to hire Satan

 

atrl-sebs123.gif

7 hours ago, little legend said:

Things I want for Lady Gaga to do: 

-Release a Christmas album 

-Shot a video for Bloody Mary 

-Make ARUTW and Is That Alright  official singles and promote them 

- Perform at Eurovision 

-Perform at Olympic Games in 2028  

-Create an era that lasts more than 1 single  and actually promotes all the singles and releases music videos 

-Never release a single as bad and cheap as Stupid Love 

 

haha those things will never happen lol

2 hours ago, fra said:

Seeing her as a "celebrity" feels really disrespectful to her artistry, ah! she's anything but a celebrity.

 

I love her but come on she's a celebrity and always has been. 

1 minute ago, Marry The Gods said:

I love her but come on she's a celebrity and always has been. 

yes and no, but at the end those artists are all celebrities

16 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I love her but come on she's a celebrity and always has been. 

she's kinda dumb about how she's a celebrity. everyone thinks she's attention seeking cuz she wore some kooky outfits while her peers are in an endless cycle of milking new boyfriends, past boyfriends, fake pr boyfriends, pr husbands, pr kids, etc etc but everyone thinks that's "real"

25 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I love her but come on she's a celebrity and always has been. 

She literally said she despises that term and definition, she's not like a reality contestant or whatever, she's a celebrity as in being known but there's more to that.

Gaga has a massive celebrity presence. She always gets people talking. The news could not stop reporting on her dogs being kidnapped. And the nonstop tabloids about her. 
 

Nowadays she is viewed by the GP in this order

1. Celebrity 

2. Performer 

3. Actress

4. Pop music artist 

 

(Actress will probably move higher once JFAD is out) 

Just now, fra said:

She literally said she despises that term and definition, she's not like a reality contestant or whatever, she's a celebrity as in being known but there's more to that.

She's a famous person therefore she is a celebrity and most people in the world would agree. Are you telling me Barbara Streisand or Viola Davis are in the same vein as those reality tv contestants? This isn't 2008. There are levels to fame but for anyone to deny that she's a celebrity is just pure parasocial delusion. 

Just now, Vroom Vroom said:

Gaga has a massive celebrity presence. She always gets people talking. The news could not stop reporting on her dogs being kidnapped. And the nonstop tabloids about her. 
 

Nowadays she is viewed by the GP in this order

1. Celebrity 

2. Performer 

3. Actress

4. Pop music artist 

 

(Actress will probably move higher once JFAD is out) 

Exactly. I don't know why people think being a "celebrity" is an insult. She's way too famous worldwide to not be one.

5 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

She's a famous person therefore she is a celebrity and most people in the world would agree. Are you telling me Barbara Streisand or Viola Davis are in the same vein as those reality tv contestants? This isn't 2008. There are levels to fame but for anyone to deny that she's a celebrity is just pure parasocial delusion. 

I agree (thanks). I would refer to her and those brilliant women as artists, maybe is just a connotation I give to the term "celebrity", it feels reductive to use it for them to me. Of course she is famous and perceived by masses as a celebrity but here, in this base and context, it is weird to call her that, we are not gp.

Just now, fra said:

I agree (thanks). I would refer to her and those brilliant women as artists, maybe is just a connotation I give to the term "celebrity", it feels reductive to use it for them to me. Of course she is famous and perceived by masses as a celebrity but here, in this base and context, it is weird to call her that, we are not gp.

Oh yes I definitely agree with you on that. I definitely don't see her or many pop girls like Beyonce and Xtina in the same light as some vapid tiktok celebrities who use their fame to go viral. I always felt like Gaga used her celebrity power to her advantage to make a statement whether it be her fashion or music and bringing attention to social issues. 

At this point ARUTW will go viral at SOME point and will be made a single, like Cruel Summer, mark my words. 

33 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Gaga has a massive celebrity presence. She always gets people talking. The news could not stop reporting on her dogs being kidnapped. And the nonstop tabloids about her. 
 

Nowadays she is viewed by the GP in this order

1. Celebrity 

2. Performer 

3. Actress

4. Pop music artist 

 

(Actress will probably move higher once JFAD is out) 

She's definitely known for pop music way more than acting at this point, and probably will continue to be unless she completely retires from music and goes whole hog on acting for years and years. Irl, everyone talks about her music before her acting. She's objectively built her career on music and like Cher, will be known primarily as a musician even though she's an incredibly successful musician/actor hybrid. She'll be known for both with one taking precedence. Otherwise, I generally agree. I'd put it as:

 

1. Celebrity

2. Musician/Performing Artist

3. Actor 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.