• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dabbyy

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• insomniac

7 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Need this to be true

The "insider" is an ATRL user. I believe he previously claimed that Jade Ewen (Eurovision, Sugababes 4.0) was going to be in the Star Trek TV show. It never happened.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, Inverted said:

The "insider" is an ATRL user. I believe he previously claimed that Jade Ewen (Eurovision, Sugababes 4.0) was going to be in the Star Trek TV show. It never happened.

he also said sony wants Jennifer to re-record WFT for 25th anniversary this year ...

Can we give @Stankonia a big round of applause for these recent threads and posts defending Miss Lopez? :clap3:

The constant mis/disinformation spread online about "theft" and those fake "she grabbed my tip back" stories were one thing, but now it's come to the point where the ones who are fully capable of discerning between fact and fiction don't even want to. In the other thread, there are people diminishing and demonizing her just for mentioning that she's from the Bronx (which she rarely even talks about in detail). They're actually pretending as if she grew up in a normal area (Castle Hill is NOT a "normal" area) and also pretending as if it's a bad thing for a person from the ghetto to hustle herself out. :deadbanana2:

And these are the same people who stan and love nepo babies and other celebs who LIE about coming from "humble" beginnings when their parents are lower middle class to upper middle class like Gaga. But when a non-white woman (yes, she is NOT white especially by 20th century standards) actually works her way up, she's demonized for it. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Inverted
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Can we give @Stankonia a big round of applause for these recent threads and posts defending Miss Lopez? :clap3:

The constant mis/disinformation spread online about "theft" and those fake "she grabbed my tip back" stories was was one thing, but now it's come to the point where the ones who know who are capable of discerning between fact and fiction don't even want to. In the other thread, there are people diminishing her just mentioning she's from the Bronx (which she rarely even talks about) pretending as if she grew up in a normal area and as if it's a bad thing for a person from the ghetto to hustle herself out. :deadbanana2:And these are the same people who stan and love nepo babies and other celebs who LIE about coming from "humble" beginnings when their parents are lower middle class to upper middle class like Gaga. But when a woman actually works her way up, she's demonized for it. :deadbanana2:

Thanks! None of this hate campaign makes any sense to me :deadbanana2: It all feels so forced, fake and bullyish and I always try to stand for what I feel is right no matter how unpopular it seems :gaynetcat1:

I'm just becoming a J.Lo fan thanks to TIMN (I always liked her and many of her hits) and my main fave Janet has quite a few haters on here but I don't know how y'all been doing it all these years :deadbanana4: So a big round of applause for y'all too :clap3:

This new narrative about her Bronx upbringing is even weirder than the Ashanti/Moo stuff :rip: This site generally gives props to the pop girls who make it on their own but now they wanna hate J.Lo for it? Make it make sense

zZnlIHM.gif

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Thanks! None of this hate campaign makes any sense to me :deadbanana2: It all feels so forced, fake and bullyish and I always try to stand for what I feel is right no matter how unpopular it seems :gaynetcat1:

I'm just becoming a J.Lo fan thanks to TIMN (I always liked her and many of her hits) and my main fave Janet has quite a few haters on here but I don't know how y'all been doing it all these years :deadbanana4: So a big round of applause for y'all too :clap3:

This new narrative about her Bronx upbringing is even weirder than the Ashanti/Moo stuff :rip: This site generally gives props to the pop girls who make it on their own but now they wanna hate J.Lo for it? Make it make sense

zZnlIHM.gif

Me too to the bolded part. :clap3:

I loved Jennifer Lopez as a child, but lost most of my interest in her post-Bennifer 1.0; this album really pulled me back in. As for hate that's now being illogical, they're at the point where they'll just say anything. She hasn't bought real fur in 20 years and she got dragged on Twitter for being faux fur. Even non-fans stepped in and said PETA confirmed she doesn't wear real fur anymore.

And funny you mentioned Janet. She was my first pop girl album purchase. Speaking of Janet, if you watched the TIMN movie, you should have noticed the silent nod to Janet in the choreography in the final factory scene, which references Rhythm Nation. Since we're on the topic of Janet, there's another LIE these weirdos made up. I've seen Twitter comments saying that J.Lo doesn't pay Janet her dues for giving Jennifer her first big job, which is a complete lie. I haven't even bothered mentioning the TIMN nod to Janet because this is how it'll go:

TROLL: She never mentions Janet anymore!!!! Janet gave her first job in the industry!!!

TRUTH: Jen was the executive producer of Hustlers and had two Janet songs featured prominently in the movie. She also performs part of the Rhythm Nation choreo in the This Is Me... Now movie in the scene where she and the workers save the heart from failure.

TROLL: Ugh, she did for clout!!! She is such a culture vulture!!! Just like when she did those collabs with Ja Rule!!! What a fake!!!! No one even watched that movie!!! *Proceeds to make TikToks about a scene in the movie and the documentary and completely changes what actually occured*

Edited by Inverted
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm not a JLo stan by any means, but I've always loved her bops, had immense respect for her as a performer and Selena was one of my favorite movies growing up. 

The hate she gets has ALWAYS been weird to me cause she always seemed like a chill, hardworking celebrity. Never one to stir the pot but always did her job well. I've always seen it as jealousy or feeling like she was somehow a threat to other faves, but now it just seems like people just need someone to hate which is such a nasty thing. 

Something I respect a lot about JLo beyond her icon status, hustle and talent is how she's never really made this out to be a victim narrative. She could have played victim very easily to try and get some pity points, but she always let her talent and work speak for itself. A strong woman through and through :clap3: 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I'm not a JLo stan by any means, but I've always loved her bops, had immense respect for her as a performer and Selena was one of my favorite movies growing up. 

The hate she gets has ALWAYS been weird to me cause she always seemed like a chill, hardworking celebrity. Never one to stir the pot but always did her job well. I've always seen it as jealousy or feeling like she was somehow a threat to other faves, but now it just seems like people just need someone to hate which is such a nasty thing. 

Something I respect a lot about JLo beyond her icon status, hustle and talent is how she's never really made this out to be a victim narrative. She could have played victim very easily to try and get some pity points, but she always let her talent and work speak for itself. A strong woman through and through :clap3: 

This! The hate train is weird and I'll never understand it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Me too to the bolded part. :clap3:

I loved Jennifer Lopez as a child, but lost most of my interest in her post-Bennifer 1.0; this album really pulled me back in. As for hate that's now being illogical, they're at the point where they'll just say anything. She hasn't bought real fur in 20 years and she got dragged on Twitter for being faux fur. Even non-fans stepped in and said PETA confirmed she doesn't wear real fur anymore.

And funny you mentioned Janet. She was my first pop girl album purchase. Speaking of Janet, if you watched the TIMN movie, you should have noticed the silent nod to Janet in the choreography in the final factory scene, which references Rhythm Nation. Since we're on the topic of Janet, there's another LIE these weirdos made up. I've seen Twitter comments saying that J.Lo doesn't pay Janet her dues for giving Jennifer her first big job, which is a complete lie. I haven't even bothered mentioning the TIMN nod to Janet because this is how it'll go:

TROLL: She never mentions Janet anymore!!!! Janet gave her first job in the industry!!!

TRUTH: Jen was the executive producer of Usher and had two Janet songs featured prominently in the movie. She also performs part of the Rhythm Nation choreo in the This Is Me... Now movie in the scene where she and the workers save the heart from failure.

TROLL: Ugh, she did for clout!!! She is such a culture vulture!!! Just like when she did those collabs with Ja Rule!!! What a fake!!!! No one even watched that movie!!! *Proceeds to make TikToks about a scene in the movie and the documentary and completely changes what actually occured*

:ahh:

Of course I noticed the RN inspired choregraphy in the movie and loved it :gaynetcat1: Jen has always shown love to Janet, OJHs are truly scrambling to make up reasons to hate her :rip:

Janet was featured in her Spotify playlist from just a few weeks ago and she regularly mentions her as one of her main inspirations

By the way I remember listening to a rare Janet interview from the Allah for You era and when the interviewer got a bit messy and lowkey tried to bait her to shade J.Lo and others for being highly influenced by her she praised Jennifer and she even mentionned that she loved "Secretly" so clearly the love is mutual :heart:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I honestly think there's some classism contributing to this. She's a perpetual outsider in Hollywood and you can get away with diminishing her because she doesn't have critics or a fanbase protecting her.

And I agree with your last point. I'm really interested in late 20th century NY history and would love to hear about her experience growing up; I'm actually surprised she's stayed mum about what life was really like growing up in such a bad area. I do admire her for not trying to sell it though. In one of her new songs and in the documentary, she made it clear that she keeps things to herself because she doesn't want to seem "weak." I guess that's why. 

29 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

:ahh:

Of course I noticed the RN inspired choregraphy in the movie and loved it :gaynetcat1: Jen has always shown love to Janet, OJHs are truly scrambling to make up reasons to hate her :rip:

Janet was featured in her Spotify playlist from just a few weeks ago and she regularly mentions her as one of her main inspirations

By the way I remember listening to a rare Janet interview from the Allah for You era and when the interviewer got a bit messy and lowkey tried to bait her to shade J.Lo and others for being highly influenced by her she praised Jennifer and she even mentionned that she loved "Secretly" so clearly the love is mutual :heart:

I remember that. :heart2: I think she chose Secretly because it sounds like it could be a Janet song. :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

does anybody know why lonely was scrapped from the Marry Me soundtrack but Pa Ti was kept?

I wanna be this JLO

8 minutes ago, Tudors said:

I wanna be this JLO

You want to be this low budget mess made in her basement? :rip: 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Tudors said:

She looks like a sexy step mom in the 90s cleaning her house for my dad :WAP:

You're straight? :deadbanana2:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tudors said:

Stop runinijg this thread please.

How? I'm making it active. :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Tudors said:

You seem perfect for my ignore list. Let's make some room

You should have done that before downvoting all my posts for no reason when @Stankonia and I have been going out of our way to defend Miss Lopez. I don't think you're a real J.Lo fan. 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 2/11/2024 at 1:30 PM, Yudelkis said:

Sorry, I just saw your post.

I will not say it's Iconic (only for us, the fans) but it's def under-rated. Brave should have been released in 2005, instead of Rebirth. 

3142865196_0cbb995d7c.jpg

Baby no need for false pretenses baby just shot me to my senses is like the best bridge ever :gaycatina1:

• Haha 1

Where are the European dates?!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qomouj6d1usls5wd2r6

On 3/28/2024 at 3:55 PM, RIKI232 said:

Where are the European dates?!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qomouj6d1usls5wd2r6

Which country?

On 3/27/2024 at 11:44 PM, alexaalto said:

does anybody know why lonely was scrapped from the Marry Me soundtrack but Pa Ti was kept?

it was never meant to be a part of it ...

• Like 1

Can someone add The mother to the "List of most-watched Netflix original programming" page on Wikipedia? I don't know how to do it myself ahahah.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.