Beyoncé

Kisuke

What do OG Hive think about CC? @Lose My Breath @giRLbye.

Seeing Beyoncé herself to be THIS hyped when it comes to her art is quite unprecedented imo. I'm proud of her :cries:

• Replies 108.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Pepo said:

What do OG Hive think about CC? @Lose My Breath @giRLbye.

Seeing Beyoncé herself to be THIS hyped when it comes to her art is quite unprecedented imo. I'm proud of her :cries:

Lose My Breath was one of the first people to listen to listen to the album. He RAVED about it plenty. 

• Like 1

We aren't talking about HONEY enough. What a dream. It should have been it's own song!

• Like 1

Sup Hive,

Joined a couple months ago and never got in here. Been rocking with Bey since I was tot during TWOTW. 

Loving her direction with CC/Beyince. Album is great and some of the best music she's made. 

Love all of y'all's commentary, reading this thread helps make those boring days at work that much better :heart:

love yall. Go Stream the album :gayoncecat3:

• Like 6

This album is absolutely insane :jonnycat: she did it again, and MORE. Instant instant instantly clicked. I can see the GP absolutely LOVING this 

1 hour ago, Mitsouko said:

I'm vibing I'm vibing. Listening was a revelatory experience, as all her albums are. I didn't feel like I was listening to a country album. My faves are Bodyguard, Ya Ya, and Riverdance

like it's truly a musical saga, an epic

we're 2/3 for faves - I have II Hands II Heaven instead of Bodyguard but I did like that one :jonny3:

• Like 1

OMG the genius of II HANDS II HEAVEN is hitting me today!

:jonny5:

The way it turned into a Jodeci bop.

• Like 5

everyone who was appalled by me not feeling Daughter last night will be happy to hear it has clicked for me this AM

:suburban:

6 hours ago, TizTiz said:

I said this in the discord but "LEVII'S JEANS"-"AMEN" is a completely different album from 1-16 and she will not convince me otherwise. I swear, it's like she stop working on the album to work on "RENAISSANCE", picked it back up and kept the older song because "RENAISSANCE" sonically comes after the middle of this.

And then "AMEN" feels as tho the musical journey of the trilogy, but the end takes me either back to "I'M THAT GIRL" or the beginning of another album.

This is not a complaint, just an observation. I know how some of yall can't handle opinions 😅🤣☠️

not one of the metacritic reviews saying the exact same thing :gayoncecat2:

something was going on behind the scenes… release the visuals ***** 

How do we feel about Bey calling this her best album? Does this mean no more debate about what her best album is?

5 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

How do we feel about Bey calling this her best album? Does this mean no more debate about what her best album is?

she's entitled to her opinion and I'm entitled to disagree

its definitely in her trinity though

:suburban:

13 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

I think we can all agree that CC is the album that literally sounds like NO other Beyonce album and she really pushed herself out of her comfort zone. Thats also probably why to her, its her best work. It takes an enormous amount of studying and attention to detail to craft sth like CC. She did THAT :clap3:

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I dont wanna read about any comparisons to hasbeens and washed out artists of the 90s and 00s after that. Like, they are NOT on her level. Quite frankly nobody is. She is completely and utterly in her own lane and ill be forever thankful for the universe to choose my soul and place it in the same timeline as Beyonce :jonny2: thank YEW!

!!!!!!

The nerve of anyone to compare her to anyone else. 

So im on my 4th listen now and I think I can dare to come up with a top5 of the album in terms of initial impression.

News on the Target exclusive? Is that real? :rip:

i wonder if she'll get all 22 songs on Hot 100. it's a really long album

50 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

not one of the metacritic reviews saying the exact same thing :gayoncecat2:

something was going on behind the scenes… release the visuals ***** 

There was a post somewhere suggesting cowboy Carter is act 2 and 3. Was originally going to be a trilogy but then she combined the country and "rock" albums. Would explain why only B7 and B8 was hinted and the long track list. 

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

There was a post somewhere suggesting cowboy Carter is act 2 and 3. Was originally going to be a trilogy but then she combined the country and "rock" albums. Would explain why only B7 and B8 was hinted and the long track list. 

Renaissance was created after CC as per Beyonce herself. Why would she say its a 3 act project in the booklet of Renaissance when what ur saying is true? Lol

I think the idea evolved and by the time she finished Renaissance, she realized she wanted to do a trilogy

Just now, Kristie Kuwa said:

Renaissance was created after CC as per Beyonce herself. Why would she say its a 3 act project in the booklet of Renaissance when what ur saying is true? Lol

I think the idea evolved and by the time she finished Renaissance, she realized she wanted to do a trilogy

Yep and she said that after the 'B7 and B8' thing on her website, so as far as we're concerned it's still a trilogy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I'm sorry . I don't  know ok. I'm sorry.

• Haha 3

Was that story about Miley's animals in 2019 and her horse being on the cover true? It sounded fake as hell lmao 

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

Was that story about Miley's animals in 2019 and her horse being on the cover true? It sounded fake as hell lmao 

no a stan made it up :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Wait, so Amen works as the outro of American Requiem :giraffe:

Jolene, Protector, Ya Ya, American Requiem, Bodyguard are my top 5 tracks. Anyhow, I don't like the Post Malone collabo.

It's not an easy album to digest imo. It takes time to fully appreciate it.

• Like 2

It makes me a little sad that a lot of people aren't gonna experience this as a body of work. Some people I've talked to didn't realize she killed Jolene in Daughter. No one really actively listens or watches anything anymore :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.