Adele

iamvladd

1 hour ago, anti-***** said:

Ah she sounds almost like 21 again

She sounds amazing, goddamn :jonny4:

Also love the hairstyle. It looks so good on her.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aslan

• anti-bitch

• Reflektor_Creep

• supertiffany

4 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

can you help me here? there's a person accusing Adele of lipsynching. https://atrl.net/forums/topic/421675-adele-sounds-21-again-at-vegas/

The Josie whatever user. it's driving me nuts.

Just did but I wouldn’t pay too much attention or stress about it if I were you. We all know her and how she would rather die than have to do anything non live :deadbanana2:

Just now, georgechxng said:

Just did but I wouldn’t pay too much attention or stress about it if I were you. We all know her and how she would rather die than have to do anything non live :deadbanana2:

i dont deal well with trolls tbh. i got suspended last year right before the album dropped after attacking them. :rip: but maybe it was for better because this forum was so toxic then. and still is in a way.

She sounded good last week but tonight she sounded immaculate :jonny4: you can def tell that her nerves are out of the way now that opening weekend is done. Her lower register keeps surprising me this era. She’s going so low in some of the notes. Love how that area of her voice is stronger than ever.

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

She sounded good last week but tonight she sounded immaculate :jonny4: you can def tell that her nerves are out of the way now that opening weekend is done. Her lower register keeps surprising me this era. She’s going so low in some of the notes. Love how that area of her voice is stronger than ever.

She's really got many of the 21 era tonal qualities back but obviously more mature sounding now. I think her vocal cords are reshaping back to pre-surgery time. She likes to extend the big notes a lot now.

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

She's really got many of the 21 era tonal qualities back but obviously more mature sounding now. I think her vocal cords are reshaping back to pre-surgery time. She likes to extend the big notes a lot now.

Yeah, also female voices tends to get deeper on their 30s so I’m not surprised but still, it’s great to hear the huskiness of her tone this present into her vocals.

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

Yeah, also female voices tends to get deeper on their 30s so I’m not surprised but still, it’s great to hear the huskiness of her tone this present into her vocals.

here's SFTTR from tonight!! also better than last week me thinks

4 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Taylor is never touching her in any shape or form. I just let the Swifties run their mouths at this point because it’s all just hot air and chart manipulation. No doubt, Taylor is a huge artist but it’s common knowledge in the music industry and the general public at large that she uses underhanded tactics to maximise her sales and streaming numbers. The only thing she’s queen of is capitalism, frankly. 

What the hell? What underhanded tactic did Speak Now use when it sold 1M units first week? What underhanded tactic got the Blank Space and Shake It Off videos to 3B streams on YouTube? What underhanded tactic got Fearless — her second album with NO #1 hits mind you — to be a Diamond album?? :ahh: Please let me know. It doesn’t exist. Taylor has been selling (and streaming, and touring) exponentially above her peers (besides peak Adele) for 16 years now. But I see you can’t resist bringing her up even in a damn base where all you should be discussing is your fav. :dies: 

OT: Glad Adele is singing some of her best songs on this residency, she sounds great and I’m happy to hear the show is getting glowing reviews. I knew the cancellations were never going to be a setback for her, she’s way too iconic of an artist to be hurt by anything at this point in her career. :clap3: 

PS Sorry to infiltrate y’all’s base, I won’t jump back in and continue any arguments or anything but it kills me when people try to downplay Taylor (or any of the other girls who worked HARD for their success, no gimmicks needed, Adele included. And yes, I do tell Swifties to chill who come for Adele, Rih, Bey, Gaga, Brit, etc. Whoever. I’m doing my part I hope y’all can do yours.)

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

What the hell? What underhanded tactic did Speak Now use when it sold 1M units first week? What underhanded tactic got the Blank Space and Shake It Off videos to 3B streams on YouTube? What underhanded tactic got Fearless — her second album with NO #1 hits mind you — to be a Diamond album?? :ahh: Please let me know. It doesn’t exist. Taylor has been selling (and streaming, and touring) exponentially above her peers (besides peak Adele) for 16 years now. But I see you can’t resist bringing her up even in a damn base where all you should be discussing is your fav. :dies: 

OT: Glad Adele is singing some of her best songs on this residency, she sounds great and I’m happy to hear the show is getting glowing reviews. I knew the cancellations were never going to be a setback for her, she’s way too iconic of an artist to be hurt by anything at this point in her career. :clap3: 

PS Sorry to infiltrate y’all’s base, I won’t jump back in and continue any arguments or anything but it kills me when people try to downplay Taylor (or any of the other girls who worked HARD for their success, no gimmicks needed, Adele included. And yes, I do tell Swifties to chill who come for Adele, Rih, Bey, Gaga, Brit, etc. Whoever. I’m doing my part I hope y’all can do yours.)

We just get so defensive of Adele here. And we only really have a beef with some Swifties. And some of the Hive because of the Grammys, you know. And again, I respect you. I've seen how passionately you speak about Taylor. You aren't the problem. It just has to be said that Adele can never compete with total streaming numbers because she doesn't have a big fan base that would stream her album tracks every day. And she releases so rarely. But her streaming peaks are really high, those big hit singles that stand out. So, ironically, in the streaming age, Adele is a stronger singles artist than album. And some of the people who bought 21/25 might not have joined the streaming services still, so it remains to be seen if perhaps Adele could get better overall album streams in the future.

I hope Raven is holding on alright :gaycat6:

Edited by georgechxng

4 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

We just get so defensive of Adele here. And we only really have a beef with some Swifties. And some of the Hive because of the Grammys, you know. And again, I respect you. I've seen how passionately you speak about Taylor. You aren't the problem. It just has to be said that Adele can never compete with total streaming numbers because she doesn't have a big fan base that would stream her album tracks every day. And she releases so rarely. But her streaming peaks are really high, those big hit singles that stand out. So, ironically, in the streaming age, Adele is a stronger singles artist than album. And some of the people who bought 21/25 might not have joined the streaming services still, so it remains to be seen if perhaps Adele could get better overall album streams in the future.

I think Adele has massive streams, you don’t know how much I wish Taylor had never removed her catalogue so she could have multiple songs past 1B like Adele :rip: anyone who tries to claim Adele has weak streams is just crazy. Theyre exceptional for a woman in her 30’s making music that isn’t just radio fodder, not to mention she only has 4 albums. I know a lot of people on this site are annoying, I hope we can stop letting the few loud annoying ones initiate all this conflict though. 

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think Adele has massive streams, you don’t know how much I wish Taylor had never removed her catalogue so she could have multiple songs past 1B like Adele :rip: anyone who tries to claim Adele has weak streams is just crazy. Theyre exceptional for a woman in her 30’s making music that isn’t just radio fodder, not to mention she only has 4 albums. I know a lot of people on this site are annoying, I hope we can stop letting the few loud annoying ones initiate all this conflict though. 

What's the timeline with Spotify for Taylor? When did she remove the catalog, and when put back? Adele was also against Spotify for a long time, but she folded in the end too. That's just how the industry is now.

18 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

What's the timeline with Spotify for Taylor? When did she remove the catalog, and when put back? Adele was also against Spotify for a long time, but she folded in the end too. That's just how the industry is now.

Spoiler

Shake It Off was on the platform for like four weeks from August through September of 2014, but before 1989 was released in October 2014 she decided to remove her entire catalogue. We didn’t get it back until like June 2017, right before the reputation era was about to start.

We only got her first album through 1989 though, and I think reputation as an album wasn’t made available for quite a few weeks after it was released (kinda like Adele did for 25 I believe?) 

So unfortunately SIO, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Style and Bad Blood couldn’t accumulate streams during their single runs, and Love Story and You Belong With Me couldn’t keep pace with other late 2000’s big hits since they were gone from the platform too. :chick3:  In spite of that though thankfully both Taylor and Adele continued to sell well even without streams for reputation and 25 (obviously 25 MUCHHH MUCH MUUUUUCH  more so lol, but still) 

Spoiler’d my reply cause I don’t wanna take up too much space in here discussing someone else and overstay my welcome lol :deadbanana4: 

OT: I really love Woman Like Me and All Night Parking. She sounds amazing in that lo-fi sound. I’d love a few more songs like that from her in the future.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

16 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Shake It Off was on the platform for like four weeks from August through September of 2014, but before 1989 was released in October 2014 she decided to remove her entire catalogue. We didn’t get it back until like June 2017, right before the reputation era was about to start.

We only got her first album through 1989 though, and I think reputation as an album wasn’t made available for quite a few weeks after it was released (kinda like Adele did for 25 I believe?) 

So unfortunately SIO, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams, Style and Bad Blood couldn’t accumulate streams during their single runs, and Love Story and You Belong With Me couldn’t keep pace with other late 2000’s big hits since they were gone from the platform too. :chick3:  In spite of that though thankfully both Taylor and Adele continued to sell well even without streams for reputation and 25 (obviously 25 MUCHHH MUCH MUUUUUCH  more so lol, but still) 

Oh, did the removal erase the streams counts for her catalog? Or did they continue to count from when it ended in 2014? And 25 went on streaming like 7 months after release. So Adele is the last mainstream artist/maybe any artist who's put her album straight to streaming, last year, lol. And for Taylor, I think the re-recordings will hurt the billion counts too, because all the hits are/will get counted separately, but it does help to boost her overall streams as they get counted together. Although ideally the stolen versions would get zero streams.

Also, great taste with Woman Like Me and ANP! Also Strangers By Nature is dreamy.

Edited by anti-bitch

10 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Oh, did the removal erase the streams counts for her catalog? Or did they continue to count from when it ended in 2014? And 25 went on streaming like 7 months after release. So Adele is the last mainstream artist/maybe any artist who's put her album straight to streaming, last year, lol. And for Taylor, I think the re-recordings will hurt the billion counts too, because all the hits are/will get counted separately, but it does help to boost her overall streams as they get counted together. Although ideally the stolen versions would get zero streams.

Also, great taste with Woman Like Me and ANP! Also Strangers By Nature is dreamy.

I actually couldn’t personally tell you if the stream count was “0” for the songs in 2017 when they rejoined the platform, I honestly don’t know that myself. I’d have to do a little digging to find out. You’re right about the re-records though, they kill her original albums on charts (Fearless and Red originals never chart anymore anywhere because the TV’s do instead) and the original songs will definitely have to CLAW their way to 1B streams because they’ll be sharing with new versions lol. It is unfortunate but it does help to see the healthy overall streaming numbers.

I hope Adele doesn’t keep her fans waiting as long for the next couple of albums. Not even for success purposes but because I know waiting so long for an album from your favorite artist is a little upsetting! I know we get caught up with numbers on this site but in the real world I am not thinking sales #s or streaming #s when I’m laying in bed with my headphones on listening to my favorite albums and songs from my favorite artists. That’s all that matters at the end of the day. I want y’all to get as much content as possible from Adele in the years to come. She better get to work, b*tch :chick3: 

A looked so hot tonight :jonny5:

Giving very much ig baddie with that hair and makeup yet elegant and classique with the gown :jonny5:

give us the hqs mama 

Look at the material! Ever since Anthony took over from her last makeup artist her makeup has never looked so good :jonny5:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’ve always found A’s music to be a niche; despite her success. Yes she has a few  pop songs but her discography really isn’t as mainstream as other artists…

:michael:

It’s why I don’t really put her in the “‘main pop girls” category. She really is her own entity on her own but we can agree to disagree of course! :foxaylove2:

Edited by Aslan

apparently all the merch is selling out at the residency store :fan:

i really think they should of designed a special edition vegas 30 cover to shift some 30 stock that hasn’t sold and a vegas exclusive vinyl but that’s just me :foxaylove2:

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I actually couldn’t personally tell you if the stream count was “0” for the songs in 2017 when they rejoined the platform, I honestly don’t know that myself. I’d have to do a little digging to find out. You’re right about the re-records though, they kill her original albums on charts (Fearless and Red originals never chart anymore anywhere because the TV’s do instead) and the original songs will definitely have to CLAW their way to 1B streams because they’ll be sharing with new versions lol. It is unfortunate but it does help to see the healthy overall streaming numbers.

I hope Adele doesn’t keep her fans waiting as long for the next couple of albums. Not even for success purposes but because I know waiting so long for an album from your favorite artist is a little upsetting! I know we get caught up with numbers on this site but in the real world I am not thinking sales #s or streaming #s when I’m laying in bed with my headphones on listening to my favorite albums and songs from my favorite artists. That’s all that matters at the end of the day. I want y’all to get as much content as possible from Adele in the years to come. She better get to work, b*tch :chick3: 

Adele just said tonight that she wants to have twins, lol. Probably joking, but still, I'm like please give us A5 first and then have more babies. Or a movie role, anything. :gaycat6: 

Edited by anti-bitch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.