Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Apple Music Begins Showing (Weekly?) Stream Count ?

Featured Replies

First off, I’m sorry if this is in the wrong section. 
 

I was browsing Apple Music this afternoon when I stumbled upon a screen of my recently played songs, and it had a stream count next to them. I knew the numbers were too low to be total streams, but way too high to be -my- individual total streams. 
 

Mathematically, the numbers are just slightly lower than what the same songs receive weekly on Spotify. So my conclusion is that Apple Music is now showing weekly streams for songs.
 

Has anyone else noticed this with their Apple Music? I’m not sure if it’s a new update or something but I figured it’s a pretty big deal for chart watchers.
 

I can try to provide a screenshot from my phone but I would just need someone to tell me how to upload it here in a post on ATRL, I’ve never really done that sorry! 
 

Edit: image embed thanks to @ddddynamite

 

Others are saying they can’t see this yet so maybe I’m a part of a beta test or something. 

 

0-CE41-A6-E-E325-42-DC-B337-C065-D49-B28

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked my app and I'm not seeing this, but I hope this is true because I've been waiting for stream totals from there for forever now

  • Author
1 minute ago, Jai said:

Would love to see what it looks like @WeFoundTrouble

Do you have some way I could send you the pic? I’m not on ATRL much and I’ve never uploaded a picture from my phone so I’m not sure how to share it with you, but if you have a way for me to send it I’m open to whatever 

I'm curious to see the US numbers compared to the rest of the world. :gaycat5:

 

You can try imgbb.com  @WeFoundTrouble Make sure to crop out personal info :lakitu:

 

The live (kinda) AM updates and streaming numbers? A slay!! :wanda:

Edited by ddddynamite

  • Author
4 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

I'm curious to see the US numbers compared to the rest of the world. :gaycat5:

 

You can try imgbb.com  @WeFoundTrouble Make sure to crop out personal info :lakitu:

 

The live (kinda) AM updates and streaming numbers? A slay!! :wanda:

Thank you!!

 

does this work? 
 


https://ibb.co/Sy3gKjy

 

 

 

  • Author

aww I can’t get it to embed, but I can see it when I click the link so I hope you guys can too!

16 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Thank you!!

 

does this work? 
 


https://ibb.co/Sy3gKjy

 

 

 

Here :lakitu:

 

0-CE41-A6-E-E325-42-DC-B337-C065-D49-B28

 

Thanks for sharing

Edited by ddddynamite

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

aww I can’t get it to embed, but I can see it when I click the link so I hope you guys can too!

yeah we can see it. Thnank you

 

I hope they start fully revealing their streams. It would be nice to have that data alongside Spotify.

Yeah I can’t see it but they must be getting ready to roll it out :WAP:

  • Author
5 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Here :lakitu:

 

0-CE41-A6-E-E325-42-DC-B337-C065-D49-B28

 

4 minutes ago, Torturo said:

yeah we can see it. Thnank you

 

Perfect! Thank you both, and thank you for embedding @ddddynamite

8 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Here :lakitu:

 

0-CE41-A6-E-E325-42-DC-B337-C065-D49-B28

Maybe weekly streams? Cause watermelon sugar getting more streams than the #1 song on Spotify would be weird

3 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Maybe weekly streams? Cause watermelon sugar getting more streams than the #1 song on Spotify would be weird

US or worldwide?

  • Author
4 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Maybe weekly streams? Cause watermelon sugar getting more streams than the #1 song on Spotify would be weird

Yeah that’s my theory as well, the numbers align with what the same songs get weekly on Spotify. (Theyre a little less on AM, like exile for example, but that’s expected with fewer subscribers)

Apple Music global chart

 

12 =
The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
64 +11
Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

 

So that means at least 2M to chart in top 200? Kinda the same as Spotify.

 

 

2 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Apple Music global chart

 

12 =
The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
64 +11
Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

 

So that means at least 2M to chart in top 200? Kinda the same as Spotify.

 

 

Kworb's Apple Music chart is not official and is based on points. 

 

This is the official Apple Music Global chart: https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/top-100-global/pl.d25f5d1181894928af76c85c967f8f31

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

Kworb's Apple Music chart is not official and is based on points. 

 

This is the official Apple Music Global chart: https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/top-100-global/pl.d25f5d1181894928af76c85c967f8f31

Thanks. I just saw #200 on Spotify is 5M.

#60-70 are 8M+ so yeah Spotify is a bit bigger.

Cardigan stomping on exile :rip:

Also not exile doing 500k in daily Spotify but pulling 1M in here weekly :rip:

 

Was it bad for Taylor ? :rip:

Blinding Lights did 12M last week in Spotify, 6.8M here, it was bad for apple music

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Cardigan stomping on exile :rip:

Also not exile doing 500k in daily Spotify but pulling 1M in here weekly :rip:

 

Was it bad for Taylor ? :rip:

I mean, AM has 1/3 the user base and if Exile is doing 3.5M weekly on Spotify, 1.2M weekly on AM sounds about right. I wouldn’t say bad. I am surprised Cardigan has numbers like that though

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.