Top Posters In This Topic

• Tusk

• Mr.Fenty

• Morphi

• cuneytb

Top Posters In This Topic

liberalmusiclover
4 hours ago, cuneytb said:

This just shows how the calculated sps system is broken :rip: how is this song bigger than RITD, BR, Roar, Halo, WFL etc. :rip: 

The 1500 streams equals 1 sale system has to change immediately. Streaming is only getting bigger and 2 years later people will get a diamond certificated song in just a month :rip: 

It’s literally spent more weeks at #1 than all of those songs and Bad Romance and Halo aren’t even #1 hits. Their success and “impact” is so inflated on this site :rip: 

Whew at Old Town Road SMASHING like this. :clap3:

liberalmusiclover
24 minutes ago, fememeist said:

If songs such as SOY, Havana, God’s Plan, etc were released at their primes while this song was released, they would block this from even going top 3 :rip:

Havana barely scraped a week in at #1. She stayed getting blocked by Post Malone. She wouldn’t have ever hit #1 if released against Old Town Road. :laugh:

All these Twitter accounts suddenly spitting out that something is "eligible" for gold/platinum and people believe it without questioning :priceless:

4 hours ago, Tusk said:

It's a #1 song on Billboard.  Of course it would be basic trash.

Congrats on being so edGy. Very impressive

3 hours ago, Morphi said:

I know it's a huge smash, but it's something comparable to Girls Like You, very huge hits but just not diamond songs, period

It's way way way way way way way bigger than GLY

King :clap3:

The way this “bAsIc TrAsH” of a song makes y’all fume :ahh:

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Not on Spotify or Youtube or the radio :confused: 

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

The thing is, once this song dies down on the chart, immediately its one redeeming quality is going to be forgotten as well, which is its novelty status/campy sound. There really isn’t anything timeless about this song and/or the memorabilia of the song is very minimal

7 minutes ago, Morphi said:

it's #1 on US YouTube rn tho

Edited by Mr.Fenty

2 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

it's #1 on US YouTube tho

GLY has 2.2 billion views and OTR 180m and it's already starting to slow down so :cm:

7 minutes ago, Morphi said:

If you look at the global views of 1 individual video on Youtube, sure. OTR gets a lot of it's Youtube streams from fan uploads. And it obviously a lot more local anyway than GLY

And GLY has 185 million US Spotify play (only from it's time in the top 200, sure). OTR is currently at 247 million with the 2 main versions and is still at 1.6 million daily

Just now, Morphi said:

GLY has 2.2 billion views and OTR 180m and it's already starting to slow down so :cm:

you're comparing a 1,5 year old video with 2 month old video :deadbanana:

the fact that it's still #1 on YouTube while being released 2 months ago is still impressive

5 hours ago, Tusk said:

I've never heard this song and don't know what it sounds like.

I’m so jealous of you :rip:

OTR is one of the biggest songs of the decade. FAR bigger than any pop girl song, that's for sure. Uptown Funk and Shape of You are really the only 2 that are bigger (for now). Speaking for the US of course. 

1 hour ago, fememeist said:

If songs such as SOY, Havana, God’s Plan, etc were released at their primes while this song was released, they would block this from even going top 3 :rip:

No, I think OTR would block all 3 of those for most weeks. SOY and GP may get a few weeks in, but Havana would be blocked put ofthe top 3.

47 minutes ago, fememeist said:

The thing is, once this song dies down on the chart, immediately its one redeeming quality is going to be forgotten as well, which is its novelty status/campy sound. There really isn’t anything timeless about this song and/or the memorabilia of the song is very minimal

how do you know this lol?

It's only around 7x Platinum at the moment. Y'all need to stop with this fake account.

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I actually like the song, but this just proves that the current system is broken. :skull:

Is shallow diamond yet? Havana?  this is way to quick

1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

It’s literally spent more weeks at #1 than all of those songs and Bad Romance and Halo aren’t even #1 hits. Their success and “impact” is so inflated on this site :rip: 

Whew at Old Town Road SMASHING like this. :clap3:

BR and Halo didn’t go #1 but that doesn’t take away how big they are :biblio: 

liberalmusiclover
32 minutes ago, iHype. said:

It's only around 7x Platinum at the moment. Y'all need to stop with this fake account.

BGfE4f4.gif

5 hours ago, Morphi said:

I know it's a huge smash, but it's something comparable to Girls Like You, very huge hits but just not diamond songs, period

Y'all sound silly, it's one of the biggest songs of all-time suffer :dies:

OT: The system isn't "broken", the song has pushed 10M+ units, so it will be certified accordingly. It's not their problem songs didn't make money off streaming back then

2 hours ago, fememeist said:

The nerves :dies: Havana would never touch #1 against it, God's Plan is closer than you think. I'd say it's pretty huge if only the biggest song of the century could've stopped it

This song actually deserves diamond of course... but it seems just about every number one song these days becomes diamond eligible. :rip: 

I remeber when I first started following the charts which wasn’t too long ago and there was only a few diamond singles total. Now I hear of a new diamond single every other week. :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.