Ariana Broke Another Taylor Spotify Record

Jude

Bu but but frOnTloAded!!!!!1111 wEaK #1!!!!!!

Literally who ever said it was frontloaded? :rip:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Literally who ever said it was frontloaded? :rip:

Have u been following ATRL? 

OT: The Queen of Pop :clap3: Young Ariana run pop. No more place for aging females :clap3: 

I remember people talking about the video being frontloaded, not the song... don't twist the narrative  :-*

Thinking Of You
Just now, M-P-B said:

I remember people talking about the video being frontloaded, not the song... don't twist the narrative  :-*

“It only went #1 because she name dropped her ex’s”

How did Taylor even had this record? Wasn’t she off Spotify already by the time 1989 dropped?

8 minutes ago, Blue. said:

How did Taylor even had this record? Wasn’t she off Spotify already by the time 1989 dropped?

Shake it Off was released in August 2014 and she removed her discography from it in November 2014.

Just now, Janet said:

can we stop making Spotify 'history' a thing :rip: it's only been around for like 6 years LOL

So what? It's one of the most important component of hot 100 and of the most charts around the world. :rip:

Taylor was literally #1 by a huge margin when she took it off. 

If if she left it on she’d have more days :rip: 

38 minutes ago, Janet said:

can we stop making Spotify 'history' a thing :rip: it's only been around for like 6 years LOL

36 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Taylor was literally #1 by a huge margin when she took it off. 

If if she left it on she’d have more days :rip: 

Yeah, considering the exponential growth of the streaming market, tracking these is irrelevant tbh.

It would be more accurate if you make an adjustment based on streams/active users or something like that but otherwise, it is as irrelevant as comparing the iTunes sales of a 2011 song with a 2018 one.

53 minutes ago, Jude said:

Shake it Off was released in August 2014 and she removed her discography from it in November 2014.

Sio wasn’t even on Spotify in August :huh:

Do your research first!

receipt: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6236690/taylor-swifts-shake-it-off-holds-at-no-1-on-hot-100

1 hour ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Have u been following ATRL? 

OT: The Queen of Pop :clap3: Young Ariana run pop. No more place for aging females :clap3: 

I feel so sorry for LADy gAGa:eek:

I'm surprised that no female break the record before Ariana and the fact Taylor pulled SIO from Spotify gives me so much kiis :bibliahh:

Imagine if she didn't remove SIO at first place, the song only will get dethroned by Blank Space or Uptown Funk, that almost 100 days :bibliahh:

Makes me wonder how Taylor's singles that era would've done on Spotify.

I know streaming in 2014/2015 was not nearly this huge...but still...

34 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

Sio wasn’t even on Spotify in August :huh:

Do your research first!

receipt: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6236690/taylor-swifts-shake-it-off-holds-at-no-1-on-hot-100

So maybe it was added later on Spotify before November 2014? I just said SIO was released in August. I didn't say it was added on Spotify in that month. 

Improve your comprehension first!

Edited by Jude

2 hours ago, M-P-B said:

But the only reason the video was frontloaded is cause the song was already out for 4 weeks before it even dropped 

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

So maybe it was added later before November? I just said SIO was released in August. I didn't say it was added On Spotify in that month. 

Not you trying to twist your own words :bibliahh:

Just now, Coklek92 said:

Not you trying to twist your own words :bibliahh:

I'm not. Stay on topic. :)

The stans of you know who breaking their ankles to run in here with excuses. :skull:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

The stans of you know who breaking their ankles to run in here with excuses. :skull:

Imagine holding this small record for 4 years. A legend :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Jude said:

So maybe it was added later on Spotify before November 2014? I just said SIO was released in August. I didn't say it was added on Spotify in that month. 

:toofunny3: Not you interpreting your own post to make yourself come out on top.

Obviously Taylor would have had 14+ more days. Congrats to both

9 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

:toofunny3: Not you interpreting your own post to make yourself come out on top.

Obviously Taylor would have had 14+ more days. Congrats to both

Read my post again. Find anything there of me saying that it was added on Spotify in August. No, you can't. I was just saying SIO was released before she removed all her albums from Spotify because that user I quoted said:

"How did Taylor even had this record? Wasn’t she off Spotify already by the time 1989 dropped?"

Which should not be a wonder since SIO was released in August, which is months before November or when she removed her stuff from Spotify, regardless of when SIO was first added in the platform. I did NOT say anything about its upload date on Spotify. 

You are the one twisting/interpreting my harmless post. :rip:

Edited by Jude

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.