Final: #1 Ed 322k/445k

Duca

QueenofCopyPaste

Beyonce, Taylor, & Drake debuted higher :-*

Even if still hes #1 on streaming...he still fell flat with SPS combined.

Certainly "not the biggest artist" he self proclaims

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackbeatxx

• YR.

• alexanderao

• black

SO(T)Y is already a timeless classic and the biggest streaming song of the decade. Pulling 14M views in YouTube everyday while hitting records after records in Spotify. ATRL LOST, ED WON.

EbHPF.gif

3 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

He wasn't talking about US, WW.

19 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Biggest song of the decade. 

I was totally with you until you said this. :toofunny2: What in the world...

1 hour ago, AlBeRtX said:

Still, best selling album of the year already. 

Ok yeah, but we've barely entered the 3rd month in the year. Not like the year is about to come to an end and he is kinda the 1st major release this year.

OT: He did decent numbers.

Considering the hype and promo. It's bit underwhelming. Hopefully this humbles him. He's not a household name in America.

1 minute ago, JustActinUP said:

Considering the hype and promo. It's bit underwhelming. Hopefully this humbles him. He's not a household name in America.

he definitely is a household name LOL

and i don't even like him

8 minutes ago, Rawr said:

he definitely is a household name LOL

and i don't even like him

Maybe in the UK.  He's just not in the same realms of the Eminem, Adele, Taylor, Beyoncé & Justin Timberlake. When it comes to household names in the US. Right now, he gotta battle it out with Bruno Mars and The Weekend.

Edited by JustActinUP

1 minute ago, JustActinUP said:

Maybe in the UK.  He's just not in the same realms of the Eminem, Adele, Taylor, Beyoncé & Justin Timberlake. When it comds to household names in thr US. Right now, he gotta battle it out with Bruno Mars and The Weekend.

Very true. The Weeknd and Bruno Mars have had way more hits than Ed here in the US, but he's undeniably bigger than both in the rest of the world

Ed Sheeran is not a household name in the US. High numbers don't automatically make him a household name. The Weeknd isn't a household name either yet. 

Ed is NOT a household name. He has 2 big hits to his name and a few other minor ones. And his celeb profile, which is arguably much more important when determining "household name/status", is not that big...at all. 

Bruno Mars (to all audiences, skews older) and The Weeknd (to younger audiences, more socially relevant) are bigger than him name-wise in the US. Bruno's been having huge hits since literally the beginning of the decade and The Weeknd has been a big name underground since 2011/2012 and obviously mainstream since 2015. 

Edited by Jennifer

3 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Ed is NOT a household name. He has 2 big hits to his name and a few other minor ones. And his celeb profile, which is arguably much more important when determining "household name/status", is not that big...at all. 

Bruno Mars (to all audiences, skews older) and The Weeknd (to younger audiences, more socially relevant) are bigger than him name-wise in the US. Bruno's been having huge hits since literally the beginning of the decade and The Weeknd has been a big name underground since 2011/2012 and obviously mainstream since 2015. 

it's strange that Bruno has never seen these numbers and that none of his albums debuted at #1 :cupid:

sold out stadiums worldwide to follow, he is clearly the male adele

so a little bit more than Joanne :clap3:

Didn't he say that if he was going up against anyone else during an album release, he would be #1?

Not with those numbers, Ed 

EbHPF.gif

Wow that's a lot:clap3: but Im not buying it. Congrats

1 hour ago, Duca said:

it's strange that Bruno has never seen these numbers and that none of his albums debuted at #1 :cupid:

Yet he won Best Pop Vocal Album against 20/20 Experience at 2014 Grammys. #poorthat :cm:

Consistency on the charts >>>>  Huge debuts leading to frontloaded eras. 

Ed needs some reallity check I hope this is just the beginning. 

2 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Hell,  J Cole debuted higher. J. Cole. 

3 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

I bought a physical copy. I might buy thee iTunes version since I got a $25 gift card. 

Buy Adele albums instead. 

I thought Ed was supposed to be on Adele levels? :dancehall:

2 hours ago, Ribs said:

DDddd at the ATRL losers. They LOST AGAIN. Best selling album of the year in just one week, pulling record-breaking streaming numbers, HUGE sales WW. Biggest song of the decade. If this is losing, god, I want to LOSE 

EbHPF.gif

maybe the biggest song of the year but decade? SWEEEEEEEETIE. 

Congrats for him, great numbers.

doing better than his last album :clap3:

I hope he stop being cocky.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.