Jump to content

US Airplay Discussion


Kworb
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FAN

    1374

  • Ger-55

    4412

  • Starkboy

    1386

  • Raphy23

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

LWYMMD does feel like a 3 week #1, absolutely 

It's just with only 9 weeks in the Top 10, 13 weeks in the Top 40, and going recurrent after just 20 weeks (already below #50), the song didn't seem nearly as big as even We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, which spent 3 weeks at #1 and fell fairly fast. Compared to Bruno Mars That's What I Like, which only had one week at #1, Look seems so insignificant. Havana seems bigger too, and it also had only one week at #1.

 

As for Swift/Sheeran/Future End Game, its bullet on All Stations + Recurrents has now increased to -5313, as it fell seven spots just today (22-29) at Top 40. Her audience loss for the day, when combining all of the formats, is -4.456, and falling from 58-65, also in just one day. I know with Look, radio stations were supposedly pulling Look to make room for her follow up. With EG, is there a follow-up already in the works? Some of Swift's "stans" have mentioned one or two better songs to close out the Reputation era. But I don't know what songs those are. New Years Day never really caught on at Country either, which is a shame since I liked the song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

LWYMMD does feel like a 3 week #1, absolutely 

It feels like a half week #10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

butterflysupreme
1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

It feels like a half week #10

It was massive come on, at least for the first month and a half

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

LWYMMD does feel like a 3 week #1, absolutely 

Absolutely not. It feels like a Top 15 hit at best, á la Me Too/Cool For The Summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

butterflysupreme
3 hours ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Absolutely not. It feels like a Top 15 hit at best, á la Me Too/Cool For The Summer

Not at all ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/02/2018 at 7:02 AM, brianc33710 said:

Wow. Taylor Swift now has two songs with -5,000 bullets from Reputation ?. Reputation's sales may be higher than Prism's, but Perry had two huge songs from Prism. Look At What You Made Me Do sure doesn't seem like a 3-week #1, but I guess that's because its lack of longevity was so out of the ordinary for Swift. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together fell fairly fast too, but that was nothing compared to Look.

Two huge songs? :skull:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Roar + Dark Horse were both monstrous hits

Oh ffs I thought they were talking about Witness. Why would you compare Reputation to Prism tho lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XXXO said:

Oh ffs I thought they were talking about Witness. Why would you compare Reputation to Prism tho lol.

Because those two are the albums that followed their career peaks. :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never Be The Same -

 

#15 Pop

#22 Rhythmic

#30 HAC

 

#37 Overall A.I 

 

:clap3: 

 

Havana almost #1 on HAC! That'll be the third major format that it has topped after Pop & Rhythmic. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i heard never be the same on the radio finally last week. i was like "nicotine, brushing me, touching me? what?"

then i saw that her perf on Dancing on Ice also has that line. well, i suppose this radio edit makes it appropriate enough that she could in theory have it covered on kidz bop. 

 

reminds me of when hailee's starving lyrics were changed for the kids choice awards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

It was massive come on, at least for the first month and a half

Look had the strongest opening week of any song in months. But it was all downhill from there, and actually accelerated its decline each week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, XXXO said:

Oh ffs I thought they were talking about Witness. Why would you compare Reputation to Prism tho lol.

I thought the same :ahh:I was like what 2 big songs are they talking about? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2018 at 0:27 AM, brianc33710 said:

It's just with only 9 weeks in the Top 10, 13 weeks in the Top 40, and going recurrent after just 20 weeks (already below #50), the song didn't seem nearly as big as even We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, which spent 3 weeks at #1 and fell fairly fast. Compared to Bruno Mars That's What I Like, which only had one week at #1, Look seems so insignificant. Havana seems bigger too, and it also had only one week at #1.

 

As for Swift/Sheeran/Future End Game, its bullet on All Stations + Recurrents has now increased to -5313, as it fell seven spots just today (22-29) at Top 40. Her audience loss for the day, when combining all of the formats, is -4.456, and falling from 58-65, also in just one day. I know with Look, radio stations were supposedly pulling Look to make room for her follow up. With EG, is there a follow-up already in the works? Some of Swift's "stans" have mentioned one or two better songs to close out the Reputation era. But I don't know what songs those are. New Years Day never really caught on at Country either, which is a shame since I liked the song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Meant To Be has now cracked the Rhythmic Top 50. I have to say I'm shocked the song has crossed over to there. Even Sam Hunt couldn't reach the Rhythmic Top 50 with Back Road. This has to be a first, unless, like Cruise, there's a remix out there. Climbing on Country and Rhythmic at the same time is beyond remarkable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

So Meant To Be has now cracked the Rhythmic Top 50. I have to say I'm shocked the song has crossed over to there. Even Sam Hunt couldn't reach the Rhythmic Top 50 with Back Road. This has to be a first, unless, like Cruise, there's a remix out there. Climbing on Country and Rhythmic at the same time is beyond remarkable.

There is a drum machine. It sounds closer to what Rhythmic usually plays.

If the guitar is louder it can chart on Alternative:cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1    ED SHEERAN - Perfect:    185.107    (- 0.239)
2    BRUNO MARS & CARDI B - Finesse:    162.560    (+ 1.493)
3    CAMILA CABELLO - Havana f/Young Thug:    148.203    (- 0.171)
4    DUA LIPA - New Rules:    145.574    (- 0.167)
5    CHARLIE PUTH - How Long:    118.434    (+ 1.051)
6    HALSEY - Bad At Love:    109.543    (- 1.204)
7    MAX - Lights Down Low f/Gnash:    104.975    (+ 0.689)
8    G-EAZY & HALSEY - Him & I:    103.302    (+ 1.484)
9    NF - Let You Down:    95.566    (+ 0.947)
10    POST MALONE - Rockstar f/21 Savage:    95.091    (+ 0.051)
11    DRAKE - God's Plan:    91.076    (+ 2.294)
12    SELENA GOMEZ X MARSHMELLO - Wolves:    89.426    (+ 0.225)
13    KENDRICK LAMAR - LOVE. f/Zacari:    89.135    (- 0.913)
14    IMAGINE DRAGONS - Thunder:    88.588    (+ 0.215)
15    BEBE REXHA - Meant To Be f/F.G.L.:    87.502    (+ 1.941)
16    PORTUGAL. THE MAN - Feel It Still:    73.956    (- 0.159)
17    SHAWN MENDES - There's Nothing Holdin' Me...:    71.121    (+ 0.407)
18    THE WEEKND & KENDRICK LAMAR - Pray For Me:    66.538    (+ 1.513)
19    SCOTTY MCCREERY - Five More Minutes:    65.851    (+ 0.991)
20    KELSEA BALLERINI - Legends:    62.307    (- 2.570)

 

    OLD DOMINION - Written In The Sand:    61.295    (- 1.260)
    MACKLEMORE - Good Old Days f/Kesha:    61.039    (+ 0.530)
    G-EAZY - No Limit f/A$AP Rocky, Cardi B:    60.454    (+ 0.154)
    THOMAS RHETT - Marry Me:    59.974    (+ 1.143)
    ZEDD/MAREN MORRIS/GREY - The Middle:    58.218    (+ 1.413)

    CAMILA CABELLO - Never Be The Same:    49.048    (+ 0.964)
    JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - Say Something f/C Stapleton:    45.606    (+ 1.075)
    CARDI B - Bartier Cardi f/21 Savage:     43.869    (+ 0.017)
    HAILEE STEINFELD & ALESSO - Let Me Go f/FGL & Watt:    42.067    (+ 0.088)
    MAROON 5 - Wait:    41.887    (+ 0.848)
    P!NK - Beautiful Trauma:    38.954    (+ 0.541)
    IMAGINE DRAGONS - Whatever It Takes:     33.327    (+ 1.529)
    KENDRICK LAMAR & SZA - All The Stars:    32.715    (+ 0.404)
    MIGOS - Stir Fry:    31.020    (- 0.192)
    ALICE MERTON - No Roots:    26.272    (+ 0.028)
    FOSTER THE PEOPLE - Sit Next To Me:    18.033    (+ 0.521)
    DEMI LOVATO - Tell Me You Love Me:    16.076    (+ 0.370)
    TROYE SIVAN - MY MY MY!:    12.916    (+ 0.251)
    KESHA - Woman f/Dap-Kings:    7.002    (- 0.130)
    MARSHMELLO & ANNE-MARIE - Friends:     5.912    (+ 0.471)
    JAMES BAY - Wild Love:    5.067    (+ 0.239)
    TINASHE - No Drama f/Offset:    2.793    (+ 0.124)
    DUA LIPA - IDGAF:    1.542    (+ 0.235)
    CALVIN HARRIS - Nuh Ready Nuh Ready:    0.903    (- 0.012)
    THE CHAINSMOKERS - You Owe Me:    0.636    (+ 0.065)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pop radio is so weak right now

 

They're holding onto old songs because there's nothing to replace them with, the top spot is so uncompetitive right now. Perfect time for a big artist to drop something.

 

gd4nxJp.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...