Everything posted by JonRih
-
Macklemore dropped from Ed Sheeran tour post-Free Palestine speech
My whole point was that people doing streaming boycotts and putting together playlists of artists that "liked an Instagram post" and placing them as some sort of amazing activitsts is just performative activism and used largely for stan wars, as if that will help stop the genocide and their awful living conditions. And yet there's never any Palestinian artists on that playlist, In less important things, I do wonder how this shapes the future of touring? Will artists and fans skip/boycott Gilette Stadium and other stadiums that joined Kraft in ousting Macklemore or will Ed just be placed as a scapegoat and everything will resume as normal?
-
Macklemore dropped from Ed Sheeran tour post-Free Palestine speech
Is it that brave? I don't think supporting Palestine is destroying careers? I would say this is the most attention Macklemore has gotten in a decade and in fact probably the most positive PR he ever received. I agree that Ed should've just backed up Macklemore, although if the choice was probably between Macklemore and cancelling the tour, and one rich person losing a job over thousands of people that work on his dates, I would pick the latter option. I just don't think this changes **** for Palestine. I get people like that artists they listen to match their political stances, but suddenly adding Macklemore to your playlists now (when he's been vocal about Palestine for years I hear) screams performative activism to me, acting like you're making a change, when this will not influence the people in power whatsoever.
-
Macklemore dropped from Ed Sheeran tour post-Free Palestine speech
We're reaching insane levels of performative activism that are now trying to portray Ed Sheeran as second coming of Satan. I wish republicans would get this much hate. I hope the tour doesn't get cancelled, there's so many jobs that would be lost if it just gets cancelled because of this drama.
-
Eli crashes out on X; calls Taylor a predator and claims she made sombr unfollow her
She's clearly not mentally well, but given people on twitter said her songs sound like James Charles singing (and their voices kinda being similar), I think crashing over that is valid
-
Desperation - Trump promises $5k stimulus checks if Republicans win the midterms
I mean, that will work for anyone that's struggling month to month and he knows that. I do wonder if he'll change terms and conditions post election win though
-
KAROL G - 'NO ME ARREPIENTO DE SENTIR TANTO'
BbY WOW is No. 7 on Apple Music US with 4 Dolly Parton songs ahead, woah. I didn't expect this despite being obsessed with the song, I neglected the rest of the album lol
-
KAROL G - 'NO ME ARREPIENTO DE SENTIR TANTO'
I liked Tropicoqueta much more on a first listen, but I bopped to Te llevas To and BbY WOW. Will definitely go through the album a few more times. Several parts in the Drake collab felt unnecessary, but wellโฆ it might do well.
-
KAROL G - 'NO ME ARREPIENTO DE SENTIR TANTO'
I just really thought Verano Rosa is going to be a huge hit and then she broke up with Feid and never acknowledged it Viajando Por El Mundo got no promo eitherโฆ Either way, I hope there's better material on the album than what I heard so far.
-
KAROL G - 'NO ME ARREPIENTO DE SENTIR TANTO'
Almost every song on Tropicoqueta is better (except Amiga Mia) than Matadora so idk
- Anti-vaxxer and now "medical expert" Nicki Minaj responds to 2021 tweet
-
Do you prefer petal or Chromatica?
To be fair, I'm His, He's Mine is probably the most fun and catchy song from all three albums combined
-
KATSEYE is the worst musical act of all time
I do wonder what they feel about their own music, because they're mostly releasing songs/rejects that have been shopped around the industry for 5โ10 years with no success.
-
Cardi B - "AH HA"
It's a bop, but I wish last 15 seconds didn't exist I just have to skip that part when the song is on repeat
-
FLO - "Leak It"
I'm glad they went back to promoting this song after the next two releases didn't make much impact. But I see their team is actively paying big twitter accounts to promote them and I just feel like Twitter vibes isn't the way to go if you want a hit ๐
-
Rihanna feels "attacked" after Whitney Rose's video about her lack of new music
Y'all are haters, the beat was banging
-
Azealia Banks Twitter/Instagram Megathread
So did she basically admit to (almost?) ******* Tommy Robinson yesterday? She probably should've taken that to her grave
-
KAROL G's Coachella set gets praise from the media
Her production, choreo, everything was so good, Bandida Entrenada part was unbelievable. She didn't do my favorite song (Verano Rosa), but that's understandable at the moment, but I wish she did Viajando Por El Mundo. I'm delusional enough to think Shakira could want to join week 2 for TQG after seeing this anyway, lowkey can't wait for Sunday again!
-
Addison Rae slays Coachella weekend 1
I'm surprised by all of the positive reviews here, I thought it was all a bit awkward. Her singing was very weak, the way she was talking to the crowd was a bit awkward like she lacked some confidence and then she randomly did amazing with High Fashion. Also what's the point of that enterance in a toilet paper dress if she needs to look down and carefully take a step on each stair, surely her team could have found something that would look more seamless. I think she has some quite good songs, but personally I did not see that "charisma" people were mentioning on twitter.
-
Azealia Banks Twitter/Instagram Megathread
womp womp, comments eating her up deservedly
-
Zara Larsson drags hagtic, chronically online AI haters: use it, we're not going back
I suspect the fallout is more due to the fact she has aligned herself with chronically online people's views in the past few months and at times even looked to be catering to that specific crowd with her social media content, so of course people are bound to point out this being a bit hypocritical.
- RAYE reveals plaque with her name installed on ex-boyfriend's favorite pub.
-
The Opalite MV is terrible. Surprised?
I think you just underestimate how PRs operate.
-
The Opalite MV is terrible. Surprised?
Felt like she should've called Yorgos Lanthimos, since it was somewhat giving Lobster vibes. I lowkey wonder if her adding all other guests from Graham's show is also a tactic to "hide" or give less search results for those unflattering photos she had while a guest there. It would be a common PR tactic.
-
Is Olivia Dean sweeping the Grammys in 2027?
She's probably a lock for AOTY nomination at least and Man I Need will get the nominations for sure, but depends on how her label handles her album promo and if they plan on releasing any more singles (like Close Up and Loud would be good choices). EDIT: next year could be Brit dominated tbh, with Raye releasing, Lily Allen could be nominated (but maybe that's my wishful thinking), Lola Young (if she goes back to promoting the album she released), Harry Stylesโฆ and all those albums would probably split votes.
-
Brooklyn Beckham exposes parents Victoria and David Beckham
They had two engagement parties because Nicola's dad was inviting Trump to their first one and Victoria didn't want their friends to have to be around that man, so they made another one in London. And now Brooklyn is shocked that they want him to sign off his name for branding? Imagine his wife's family tries to push him into MAGA shenanigans, especially now that he's completely reliant on them? I don't blame them for wanting to prevent that, but he sounds like he's not used to hearing "no" too often.