Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Post by Björk turns 30

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

On Friday 30 years ago, Björk released her seminal sophomore album Post.

 

A progression of the eclectic soundscapes of her first album Debut, Post incorporates a wide range range of genres such as trip hop, techno, house, ambient, jazz, and industrial, and was inspired by Björk's time living in London. 

 

Widely praised upon its release for its originality and ambition, Post is considered among the best albums of the 1990s and of all time.

 

Let's hear it for Post :clap3:

 

post.jpg

Edited by sunbathinganimal

  • Replies 37
  • Views 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sunbathinganimal
    sunbathinganimal

    that part   the girls today wish they could serve like this  

  • Music aside, which is excellent, fantastic record, that is what I call a complete pop album, such a journey (it contains "Hyper-ballad" as well, which is one of the best pop songs to ever be recorded)

  • Cruel Summer
    Cruel Summer

    Oh you mean the album with the greatest album cover and song (Hyperballad) of all time?  And the beginning of the most legendary three-album run that any discography has ever seen, ugh we love a creat

Music aside, which is excellent, fantastic record, that is what I call a complete pop album, such a journey (it contains "Hyper-ballad" as well, which is one of the best pop songs to ever be recorded)...

 

This is hands down one of the best album covers of all-time, and no, I am not joking and being very objective, instantly iconic.

  • Author
Just now, Ger said:

This is hands down one of the best album covers of all-time, and no, I am not joking and being very objective, instantly iconic.

that part :clap3:

 

the girls today wish they could serve like this

 

bj%C3%B6rk-post-photoshoot-v0-hyq462n336

Oh you mean the album with the greatest album cover and song (Hyperballad) of all time? :gayorkcat3: And the beginning of the most legendary three-album run that any discography has ever seen, ugh we love a creator, a visionary, the best to ever do any of it!

Legendary album but still waiting for Army of Me to get the Running Up that Hill treatment

  • Author
Quote

I always use the word 'promiscuous' for this album. I just wanted to try to work with several people. It was very much also reflecting my life at the time. Kinda big city, big lights, Trafalgar Square kind of energy. I was going to a lot of clubs, I was meeting a lot of new friends that ended up being friends for life, actually. I was very extrovert. [I'd been an introvert] all my life and then suddenly I was very extroverted, very extroverted friends, [...] being over the top. But really enjoying it. But maybe also knowing that you didnt want to do that forever. You know, it was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing.

:jonny6:

19 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

30 Fridays ago today, Björk released her seminal sophomore album Post.

… so the album came out this year? &nbsp:deadbanana4:

 

OT: amazing album 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

… so the album came out this year? &nbsp:deadbanana4:

 

OT: amazing album 

nnnn edited

 

ork3.thumb.gif.93ad86d4e8771d684fd9b8c27

Isobel :clap3:

Army of Me

Hyperballad 

Possibly Maybe

It's Oh So Quiet 

I Miss You 

 

 

ork3.thumb.gif.93ad86d4e8771d684fd9b8c273f4a301.gif 

 it's actually surreal that it's 30 years old :deadbanana:it sounds exactly like it was released 30 fridays ago. so fresh and timeless oh wow oh wow icelandic addison rae did that 

 

spacer.png

Never listen to her not even once not even by mistake but she's always brought back here on atrl. A legend indeed :clap3:

  • Author
2 minutes ago, shoganai said:

Never listen to her not even once not even by mistake but she's always brought back here on atrl. A legend indeed :clap3:

and I will continue to do so 

 

ork3.thumb.gif.93ad86d4e8771d684fd9b8c27

Imagine releasing an album back when people were using pagers and it still sounds current and amazing and fresh and new right now :jonny5:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.