Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

IHHM is growing so much on me and the video elevated the song... the way it has the potential if they play their cards well!

• Like 2

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

i hated IHHM based on the snippet but the video sold the song for me. the aesthetic was perfect for the song, modern enough but still true to what she does best, thank god there wasn't any funny bits. her best video along with harleys in hawaii imo 

now imagine if the whole era was like that

• Like 1

IHHM might end up being my fav single of the era. Was trashing it when I heard the snippet but the song overall sounds solid. Doechii did such a good job!

If only they did more with Lifetimes to make it a full song and not just loop the same hook it would be my favourite but oh well.

I'm so mad that Katy is serving such great visuals for this mid music era. And now after how the album performs she won't even get this kind of budget for her next era. 

Edited by Acuminatus

I know we just got I'm His, He's Mine but for some reason I keep listening to that 40 second snippet of Crush... it's so good and that beat is INFECTIOUS, gimme the full thing already :katie2:

Honestly 143 is shaping up to be her best era since Teenage Dream I'm shook. I've literally loved every single and the performance SLAPPED at the VMA, a career great my god.

I'm so excited for the album!

• Like 7

I'm sorry but I am obsessed with this.

:rip:

This HAS to be a single and has to have a music video.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BrattyBottom said:

Are there multiple bonus flops or just the one across all editions?

In the words of Chappell Roan "YOU SHUT THE **** UP! NOT ME *****!" #143

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

In the words of Chappell Roan "YOU SHUT THE **** UP! NOT ME *****!" #143

Either make yourself useful or shut up. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

Either make yourself useful or shut up. 

You're literally complaining about every single little thing. Just check out and leave already if Katy and or this era isn't for you that simple 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sam.teas said:

143 is a party and everyone is invited: the true message of the album is solidified and realized concretely throughout all the tracks, which delve into various life moments filled with joy and happiness, as well as difficulties and obstacles.

I want to point out that the descriptions were kept generic in an attempt not to spoil the final surprise, but, given the request, I decided to write this message for you.

Hide contents

ALL THE LOVE

The song alternates between verses of disillusionment and a chorus that celebrates the return of love and hope. The structure is quite simple but well-organized, with some small repetitions.

I had nothing left

But you came along and

ARTIFICIAL f/ JID

The song explores themes of confusion between the real and the artificial in a relationship. The verses express doubts about authenticity and emotional connection, while the repeated chorus questions who will save from losing mental sanity. Overall, it is quite repetitive.

Are you gonna love me like a human

Can you sex me in a simulation

CRUSH

The song features a traditional pop structure with a recurring chorus that expresses the symptoms of infatuation. The verses are interspersed with a pre-chorus that emphasizes excitement and the need for emotional reassurance.

Yeah I, I got those palpitations

Those boom boom booms

GIMME GIMME f/ 21Savage

The song alternates between verses by 21 Savage and Katy, with a repetitive and catchy chorus. 21 Savage's verses focus on wealth, attraction, and desire, while Katy's verses involve a seductive game, seeking both mental and physical stimulation. The structure is well-organized and alternating.

You don't see what I see, you blind (21)

Five stars whenever we eat

All I know is this feeling is deep

If you give me your heart, it's for keeps (21)

GORGEOUS f/ Kim Petras

The song has a repetitive structure with a dominant chorus that celebrates the beauty and confidence of the protagonists. The chorus, repeated multiple times, emphasizes the idea of going out for a night of fun and control.

All my girlies pop up on the regular

Pick your poison, baby, take a bite

NIRVANA

The song employs a repetitive structure with a chorus expressing a desire to reach a state of ecstasy or "nirvana." The central theme is euphoria and deep connection through shared emotional and sensory experiences, and it features the drop we know. 

Breathe me in another dose

Take a ride on my rainbow

TRUTH

The song expresses a desire to know the truth, even if it may cause pain. The repetitive chorus emphasizes the determination to uncover the truth, while the verses and pre-chorus explore signs of dishonesty and distance in a relationship. It ends in a particular way.

My father told me

The truth will set you free (set you free)
I read your history

Now it makes sense to me (sense to me)

————————————

HAS A HEART

The song features a simple and positive structure, with a chorus encouraging the spread of kindness and love to everyone, regardless of who they are.

Doesn't matter who you are

If we all give a little kindness

Something to remind us

Everybody has a heart

I WOKE UP

The song is optimistic, with a central theme of gratitude for a new day. The highly repetitive structure is dominated by the chorus, which expresses joy for being alive and invites celebration. The verses describe small daily actions too.

Throw your hands up in the sky

If you're happy you're alive

NO MORE TEARS FOR NEW YEARS

The song features a structure centered around a chorus that promises to leave behind pain and tears with the arrival of the new year. The verses reflect a mix of celebration and reflection on the past. The structure is well-crafted.

This black mascara is waterproof

'Cause I'm on my worst behavior 

OK

The song features a reassuring chorus that promises unconditional support regardless of the circumstances. The central theme is mutual commitment and support through highs and lows, conveying a message of hope and continuity.

Blood, sweat, tears

Have we had enough

Take my hand                                  

We're not giving up

—————————

Thank you with all my heart to everyone who has read all of this until the end. A special thanks goes to @Supervillain, an exceptional person with whom I've shared opinions, points of view, and much more since the beginning of 143. Dear ATRL family, thank you truly for everything you have done for me, but after the release of 143 and the end of September, I will be leaving the community for a while due to a series of important commitments. I thought about permanently deleting my account, but that seems like an "extreme" gesture: I prefer to leave the memories and experiences alive! Thank you all!

What an iconic way to announce your hiatus. Us Katycats 143 you for lifetimes @sam.teas

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

You're literally complaining about every single little thing. Just check out and leave already if Katy and or this era isn't for you that simple 

I was curious about the bonus track/tracks. 

8 hours ago, sam.teas said:

143 is a party and everyone is invited: the true message of the album is solidified and realized concretely throughout all the tracks, which delve into various life moments filled with joy and happiness, as well as difficulties and obstacles.

I want to point out that the descriptions were kept generic in an attempt not to spoil the final surprise, but, given the request, I decided to write this message for you.

Hide contents

ALL THE LOVE

The song alternates between verses of disillusionment and a chorus that celebrates the return of love and hope. The structure is quite simple but well-organized, with some small repetitions.

I had nothing left

But you came along and

ARTIFICIAL f/ JID

The song explores themes of confusion between the real and the artificial in a relationship. The verses express doubts about authenticity and emotional connection, while the repeated chorus questions who will save from losing mental sanity. Overall, it is quite repetitive.

Are you gonna love me like a human

Can you sex me in a simulation

CRUSH

The song features a traditional pop structure with a recurring chorus that expresses the symptoms of infatuation. The verses are interspersed with a pre-chorus that emphasizes excitement and the need for emotional reassurance.

Yeah I, I got those palpitations

Those boom boom booms

GIMME GIMME f/ 21Savage

The song alternates between verses by 21 Savage and Katy, with a repetitive and catchy chorus. 21 Savage's verses focus on wealth, attraction, and desire, while Katy's verses involve a seductive game, seeking both mental and physical stimulation. The structure is well-organized and alternating.

You don't see what I see, you blind (21)

Five stars whenever we eat

All I know is this feeling is deep

If you give me your heart, it's for keeps (21)

GORGEOUS f/ Kim Petras

The song has a repetitive structure with a dominant chorus that celebrates the beauty and confidence of the protagonists. The chorus, repeated multiple times, emphasizes the idea of going out for a night of fun and control.

All my girlies pop up on the regular

Pick your poison, baby, take a bite

NIRVANA

The song employs a repetitive structure with a chorus expressing a desire to reach a state of ecstasy or "nirvana." The central theme is euphoria and deep connection through shared emotional and sensory experiences, and it features the drop we know. 

Breathe me in another dose

Take a ride on my rainbow

TRUTH

The song expresses a desire to know the truth, even if it may cause pain. The repetitive chorus emphasizes the determination to uncover the truth, while the verses and pre-chorus explore signs of dishonesty and distance in a relationship. It ends in a particular way.

My father told me

The truth will set you free (set you free)
I read your history

Now it makes sense to me (sense to me)

————————————

HAS A HEART

The song features a simple and positive structure, with a chorus encouraging the spread of kindness and love to everyone, regardless of who they are.

Doesn't matter who you are

If we all give a little kindness

Something to remind us

Everybody has a heart

I WOKE UP

The song is optimistic, with a central theme of gratitude for a new day. The highly repetitive structure is dominated by the chorus, which expresses joy for being alive and invites celebration. The verses describe small daily actions too.

Throw your hands up in the sky

If you're happy you're alive

NO MORE TEARS FOR NEW YEARS

The song features a structure centered around a chorus that promises to leave behind pain and tears with the arrival of the new year. The verses reflect a mix of celebration and reflection on the past. The structure is well-crafted.

This black mascara is waterproof

'Cause I'm on my worst behavior 

OK

The song features a reassuring chorus that promises unconditional support regardless of the circumstances. The central theme is mutual commitment and support through highs and lows, conveying a message of hope and continuity.

Blood, sweat, tears

Have we had enough

Take my hand                                  

We're not giving up

—————————

Thank you with all my heart to everyone who has read all of this until the end. A special thanks goes to @Supervillain, an exceptional person with whom I've shared opinions, points of view, and much more since the beginning of 143. Dear ATRL family, thank you truly for everything you have done for me, but after the release of 143 and the end of September, I will be leaving the community for a while due to a series of important commitments. I thought about permanently deleting my account, but that seems like an "extreme" gesture: I prefer to leave the memories and experiences alive! Thank you all!

you said the word "repetitive " so many times it actually scared me a bit

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

nnn I noticed that too :skull: Hopefully this album isn't Lifetimes x10

2 hours ago, partynauseous said:

well, it's a pop-dance record, so that will be pretty evident. Lifetimes is the most repetitive one i believe. it also depends on the production. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

well, it's a pop-dance record, so that will be pretty evident. Lifetimes is the most repetitive one i believe. it also depends on the production. 

In your opinion since you heard the album in it's entirety what would you have chosen as the singles? 

Also I didn't expect Doechii and Katy to have such an amazing chemistry. I definitely think given this warm reception Artificial the Doechii version should be pushed 

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

In your opinion since you heard the album in it's entirety what would you have chosen as the singles? 

I haven't listened to the album. i said it before! :bird:

• Like 1

I was kinda worried for the era after LT because it was ok but repetitive and flat but IHHM made me have faith in the album and it became my fav song so far:

IHHM >> WW >>>> LT

Also I wonder why she didn't push any remixes for LT or WW? At least for LT a cool remix by Purple Disco Machine or Blessed Madonna would have made the song better with a faster beat and more funky/disco.

I'm actually excited for the album and era now, the VMA performance was great and made me excited for the tour, and yes this era already feels better than Witness and Smile.

I can't believe they haven't gone with this as a lead single. I mean, her splitting up the Dr. Luke backlash with another (loved) artist would've softened the blow of the whole backlash. Either this or Gorgeous with Kim Petras would've done that perfectly, and the whole era would've ended up performing much better. I still stand by the opinion that this sample is so tired, even more (can't believe that's possible) then Swish Swish. That being said, the video and Doechii really elevated the track.

I'm kinda happy that this hasn't happened though, and that her team wasn't smart enough, because she deserves all she has gone through for working with him. As she's brushed it off very easily, she should be ready to take the hate with just as much ease. It's nobody's fault but hers.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.